New deal with Cuba

Castro is the problem. He doesnt want us there. If we were to normalize relations the castros would lose a lot of power and they know it. Pretty foolish if you ask me,he would be a true hero to the people if he was the one to bring economic prosperity to cuba.
I've never heard it said that Cuba boycotts U.S. products. It's always been an embargo. He may not want us there, but with trade comes all sorts of unintended consequences. That's why I think allowing a small minority in S.Florida to influence our foreign policy was near-sighted at best.
There's no trade. The embargo stays. This is normalization of diplomatic relations. One of obumble's donors can buy an ambassadorship. The embargo can only be lifted by Congress. The Cubans in Congress won't let that happen.
you mean all 6 of them?....

What's the big deal with Castro? We dealt with the Soviets and the Chinese without embargoes. We even have relations with a country that's still Communist and fought a war against, Viet Nam. IMO, the treatment we gave them created an "us vs them" mentality in Cuba, that propped the regime up longer than if we'd normalized relations and allowed our system to slowly undermine theirs.
A Marxist asking what's wrong with Castro, how is anyone supposed to answer that?
As opposed to the Vietnamese that killed 50,000 Americans? I guess that was just alright with you!

It's about time. Maybe I can buy another '57 Chevy to replace the one my dad sold for $125 when I went on active duty (it was a two-door station wagon (210); a few year ago I saw the same model at a car show all tricked out with a price tag of $25,000!

It's about time, the embargo hurt the Cuban people and simply made Castro stronger. It's time to establish diplomatic relations and put a MLB team in Havana and allow me to buy a '57 Nomad.

57 chevy nomad station wagon - Google Search

Not sure about the MLB team in Havana since the Cubans in Miami cannot support the Marlins even when they put the stadium on their font door.

Castro is the problem. He doesnt want us there. If we were to normalize relations the castros would lose a lot of power and they know it. Pretty foolish if you ask me,he would be a true hero to the people if he was the one to bring economic prosperity to cuba.
I've never heard it said that Cuba boycotts U.S. products. It's always been an embargo. He may not want us there, but with trade comes all sorts of unintended consequences. That's why I think allowing a small minority in S.Florida to influence our foreign policy was near-sighted at best.
Castro knows full well that economic prosperity brought by relations with the US would undermine his authority.
But we were the ones putting up road blocks to normalization, NOT Castro. Remember, it's an American embargo, NOT a Cuban boycott.

What's the big deal with Castro? We dealt with the Soviets and the Chinese without embargoes. We even have relations with a country that's still Communist and fought a war against, Viet Nam. IMO, the treatment we gave them created an "us vs them" mentality in Cuba, that propped the regime up longer than if we'd normalized relations and allowed our system to slowly undermine theirs.
A Marxist asking what's wrong with Castro, how is anyone supposed to answer that?
As opposed to the Vietnamese that killed 50,000 Americans? I guess that was just alright with you!

What are you smoking?

Who would have possibly imagined that a commie US President would be kissing the ass of another commie nation?
So this is ass-kissing? What do you call the right's infatuation with Putin, tea bagging?
What infatuation?
Deny it all you want. It's all in the archives for anyone to see, shortbus.

No, it's not. That's just your way of saying you can't back it up, so you're running away.

What are you smoking?
You're the one that seems to be on something. You favor Commies that have done much worse to us than anything Castro has. The previous policy towards Cuba has been proven to be worthless for decades and all you did was make Castro stronger. Nice job!!!

No, it's not. That's just your way of saying you can't back it up, so you're running away.
You're just being purposely obtuse, THAT was what I meant. Sorry, you'll have to turn in your crystal ball. Your mind reading skills are bogus.

Who would have possibly imagined that a commie US President would be kissing the ass of another commie nation?

Obama a commie. Has he appointed any commies to positions of power? Usually he appoints wall streeters, bankers, anti labor ceo's. This is how he should be judged and why most liberals by now, realize Obama's more of a Reagan democrat .

The community organizer is looking for future "refugee" welfare voters...
Tax payers get ready to ante up...

What are you smoking?
You're the one that seems to be on something. You favor Commies that have done much worse to us than anything Castro has. The previous policy towards Cuba has been proven to be worthless for decades and all you did was make Castro stronger. Nice job!!!

Take your hands out of your pants and deal with reality. No one is infatuated with Putin, you are infatuated with Democratic politicians and just mindlessly repeat whatever they tell you. You know, like this.

In this Cuban thread, are any right wingers calling for Ted Cruz's dad to be deported to Cuba? He did leave Cuba by bribing someone which makes him an illegal alien.

What goes around comes around libs I don't want to hear any whining and crying from you people about what the next Republican president does.

Take your hands out of your pants and deal with reality. No one is infatuated with Putin, you are infatuated with Democratic politicians and just mindlessly repeat whatever they tell you.
You can dish out but you can't take it, can you? Call people Marxists when they aren't, then cry that you're being treated unfairly. You're a joke. No one is infatuated with Putin?!?! Anyone that's been on the board for more than a day, knows that's false. :laugh2:

You're just being purposely obtuse, THAT was what I meant. Sorry, you'll have to turn in your crystal ball. Your mind reading skills are bogus.
What does that mean?
I'm hardly surprised you don't get it. You live in a right wing echo chamber, apparently.

Forum List

Back