New deal with Cuba

The Chamber of Commerce backs the normalization of relations with Cuba, so does pro-business groups the National Foreign Trade Council and USA*Engage, along with the National Farmers Union.
Normalization of Relations will create more permanent jobs than the Keystone pipeline, in the exporting/importing sector, the agriculture sector and the tourism industry. Plus new markets for US products would generate job growth in manufacturing..
As long as we send the Cubans EBT cards and welfare checks, maybe they will be able to buy our trash. I'll call Nancy and see what she can do.

Wow, some people.
We are talking about improving relations with Cuba. Foreign aid isn't on the table and will never be on the table as long as Cuba has a communist government. When has the US given foreign aid to a communist country?
Get a grip here folks.
What do you call a trillion dollar trade deficit with China?

The Chamber of Commerce backs the normalization of relations with Cuba, so does pro-business groups the National Foreign Trade Council and USA*Engage, along with the National Farmers Union.
Normalization of Relations will create more permanent jobs than the Keystone pipeline, in the exporting/importing sector, the agriculture sector and the tourism industry. Plus new markets for US products would generate job growth in manufacturing..
As long as we send the Cubans EBT cards and welfare checks, maybe they will be able to buy our trash. I'll call Nancy and see what she can do.

Wow, some people.
We are talking about improving relations with Cuba. Foreign aid isn't on the table and will never be on the table as long as Cuba has a communist government. When has the US given foreign aid to a communist country?
Get a grip here folks.

Well that'd be called a US trade deficit. It sure the hell isn't foreign aid! You do know the difference, don't you?

What new policies?
Has Congress repealed the embargo they put in place in 1963, as well as the other similar acts before and since?
Obama is calling Congresses hand
Put up or shut up
Obama can "call" whatever he wants. But until Congress repeals the embargo it passed, the embargo is still in effect, and Obama's "calls" mean nothing and have no effect.

Correct?

Yes, it could and Cuba can simply transport US products to such countries as Iran, N.Korea, and even Russia which have been banned to send to those hostile regimes, thereby undercutting sanctions.

Don't you think that your claim is kinda a stretch. Most exports would be agriculture and domestic living related. I'm pretty sure we won't be exporting weapons to Cuba.

I think you should check to see what sanctions are on Iran, N.Korea and Russia!

A few people will make a lot of money. That is probably the root of everything. A few high money donors were able to get to the right people in the corrupt Obama Administration. I bet if someone was to follow the money it would lead to the answer of why Obama did this stupid thing.

Meanwhile American dollars will be used to fiance a very brutal regime. I thought you Liberals didn't like the idea of supporting brutal regimes? You sure as hell have complained about other administrations and other countries.

I really think that most people don't give a damn about normalizing relations with Cuba. The only reason the Libtards jumped on that bandwagon today is that Obama did it and they do love and support their Messiah.

Well, as a majority of Americans from all sides of the aisle favor normalizing relations with Cuba and have for quite awhile. Add the pro-business and agriculture organizations I listed in a previous post, that's a lot of people who favor improved relations with Cuba.
The Embargo didn't work, why do people want to keep on doing that hasn't worked?
Somebody is out of step with the real world here.
Oh and Flash, you are way too paranoid.

Fine, and since a majority of people want us to continue to "torture" our prisoners that might have valuable information we shall continue to do that also!

It's about time this happened...Hooray to this administration for finally getting it done! :clap:
Getting what done? Did Congress repeal the embargo that has been ongoing since it was passed in the early 1960s?

Until that happens, the administration has gotten nothing "done".

Wow, some people.
Get a grip here folks.

Well that'd be called a US trade deficit. It sure the hell isn't foreign aid! You do know the difference, don't you?
Yeah..we send a lot more money to China than they send to us...call it what you want...it's a distinction without a difference.

Ok I just changed my mind. Fvck the Cuban people. I just remembered that the Cubans have a very large inventory of vintage AR-10s and they are ready for export to the US but have been embargoed.

I want one of the AR10s.

Yes, it could and Cuba can simply transport US products to such countries as Iran, N.Korea, and even Russia which have been banned to send to those hostile regimes, thereby undercutting sanctions.

Don't you think that your claim is kinda a stretch. Most exports would be agriculture and domestic living related. I'm pretty sure we won't be exporting weapons to Cuba.

A few people will make a lot of money. That is probably the root of everything. A few high money donors were able to get to the right people in the corrupt Obama Administration. I bet if someone was to follow the money it would lead to the answer of why Obama did this stupid thing.

Meanwhile American dollars will be used to fiance a very brutal regime. I thought you Liberals didn't like the idea of supporting brutal regimes? You sure as hell have complained about other administrations and other countries.

I really think that most people don't give a damn about normalizing relations with Cuba. The only reason the Libtards jumped on that bandwagon today is that Obama did it and they do love and support their Messiah.

Well, as a majority of Americans from all sides of the aisle favor normalizing relations with Cuba and have for quite awhile. Add the pro-business and agriculture organizations I listed in a previous post, that's a lot of people who favor improved relations with Cuba.
The Embargo didn't work, why do people want to keep on doing that hasn't worked?

Fine, and since a majority of people want us to continue to "torture" our prisoners that might have valuable information we shall continue to do that also!
Sure. We'll do it anyways.

Maybe we can export Bodecea to help them modernize their Navy

Learn this phrase Petecea

La madera contrachapada debe conseguir a través !!

:rofl:

What new policies?
Has Congress repealed the embargo they put in place in 1963, as well as the other similar acts before and since?
Obama is calling Congresses hand
Put up or shut up
Obama can "call" whatever he wants. But until Congress repeals the embargo it passed, the embargo is still in effect, and Obama's "calls" mean nothing and have no effect.

Correct?
Evidently not

This agreement opens a door that has sealed shut for decades. Congress is once again irrelevant as the president moves on without them

Cat is out of the bag, Republicans can only whine and claim it was really their idea

Wow, some people.
Get a grip here folks.

Yeah..we send a lot more money to China than they send to us...call it what you want...it's a distinction without a difference.

With a trade deficit, we are receiving more product in than we are shipping out. It's all about hard goods. With foreign aid, it's a one way deal, we are just shipping out money, weapons, defense systems; etc just to buy influence.

So we have the Pope and the rest of the world congratulating our President on a historic deal. Republicans outraged

Does it get any better than this?

And I'll one up you, over 70% of Americans want the Minimum Wage raised.

So we have the Pope and the rest of the world congratulating our President on a historic deal. Republicans outraged

I don't particularly care about this,in fact agree that the embargo on Cuba is stupid.

BUT, you don't think that letting the President just do as he pleases is a dangerous precedent to set simply because you like what THIS one is doing?

I have ZERO doubt that if right wing President were in office and he said "okay that's it , Congress won't act, so I'm issuing an executive order ending welfare in this country that you and others would be howling in rage. ZERO doubt.

Let's not forget, it's a new market for US corporations and farmers. They would be quite happy and for the last few years, they have been pushing for legislation to ease the embargo on Cuba via the Chamber of Commerce.
Keystone's potential new jobs pale against the jobs created by normalizing relations with Cuba.
It's a friggen win-win.

Forum List

Back