New Car Market: Prices Are About To Plummet Due to Oversupply

Everyone is buying EV’s.
They outsell ICE 2-1.
Got a link because from what I am reading the are 18% of the market, which means ICE is outselling them 5-1 currently. They will eventually outsell ICEs but your figures seem out of line for today.

Not once a narrative is set like it is for Biden, and same for Trump. Very hard to undo that, even in 13, or even 16, months. Esp when Biden keeps going out there tripping everywhere and sniffing babies.
No one follows that shit except you Q-sters. What people follow is the remarkable soft landing engineered by Biden and subsequent economic growth cycle we are in.

Which narrative is that?

Most from your tribe have been focusing on the economy, but that is not looking like the winning strategy any longer.

The economy is something like this, "Hey we burnt down your house, we know you had to live in tents for two years. That sucks but look! We built you a new one!"

That doesn't fly very far.

Got a link because from what I am reading the are 18% of the market, which means ICE is outselling them 5-1 currently. They will eventually outsell ICEs but your figures seem out of line for today.
I work at a dealership. I see it every day.

U.S. car dealers have over 1.9 million cars on their lots, or a 53-day supply. That is up 75% from just a year ago. So it looks like the supply chain and computer chip problem has been solved. The cars that sit on the lot the longest are the EV's at 103 days, followed by full-sized cars at 99 days.

Look for falling prices as dealers work to keep their lots moving which will further ease inflation. Thanks Biden!

What did he do, and why weren't you blaming him when the prices were shooting up?

No one follows that shit except you Q-sters. What people follow is the remarkable soft landing engineered by Biden and subsequent economic growth cycle we are in.

I chose this one because it's most recent, but most polls said the same. 65% of registered voters think Biden is "too old" to be president. Tell me: are all those people in whatever QAnon is?

The next car I buy is going to be a late 1960's /early 1970's model with no fucking computer controlled anything

The next car I buy is going to be a late 1960's /early 1970's model with no fucking computer controlled anything

Amen to that. And no low-profile tires for me EVER. I don't know why I thought that was a good idea in the snowy/icy place where I live. It was my first sedan after the minivan era I guess, so....big mistake

You are overlooking the fact that you are only discussing a single item with its rather unusual background . Deflation is not a function just of the price of EVs . It is about the Basket of items which is due to rise big time very soon .
When people see that prices are falling fast, they wait....to see if the prices go down even more. This can cause a ripple effect...

You guys crack me up. Cheaper cars means more money folks can spend on other stuff. This is good for the economy in total. Car margins will come down but they'll still be making tons of money.
Not on EVs.....Without state and fed .gov subsidies they are dead in the water.

Why should I subsidize something that makes no sense?

If the .gov wants to subsidize something useful to the average American lower CAFE standards and bring back the small PU.

It’s a fact that disproves the hawks statement that “ no one is buying EV’s.
My fact disproves your statement that EVs are out selling ICEs 2-1. You gave an opinion it disproved nothing.

Last edited:
Amen to that. And no low-profile tires for me EVER. I don't know why I thought that was a good idea in the snowy/icy place where I live. It was my first sedan after the minivan era I guess, so....big mistake
Low profile tires are better for sports cars. Never understood why they pushed that out for every other type of car.

What did he do, and why weren't you blaming him when the prices were shooting up?
He opened up the supply chains, duh. I wasn't overly serious about this being a partisan win for Biden, but since Biden is blamed for egg prices I assume he is responsible for the lowering of car prices.

U.S. car dealers have over 1.9 million cars on their lots, or a 53-day supply. That is up 75% from just a year ago. So it looks like the supply chain and computer chip problem has been solved. The cars that sit on the lot the longest are the EV's at 103 days, followed by full-sized cars at 99 days.

Look for falling prices as dealers work to keep their lots moving which will further ease inflation. Thanks Biden!

I have been attempting to buy a Honda Pilot Trailsport since March but refuse to pay over MSRP

They are in short supply and that allows Honda to overprice them

I dont think Honda intends to build enough to meet demand because buyers are willing to pay more to get what they want

It appears that toyota is limiting supply also in an attempt to keep prices higher

But not Nissan, which is selling huge numbers of the Nissan Rogue at discounted prices

Forum List

Back