New 2015 Dodge HELLCAT...707 H.P. for $59,990!

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
Damn, I had a 1961 409 Impala, that was THE SHITS back in '61 340 H.P but this Dodge is just INSANE, besides being "A LOOKER"

Dodge isn't just bringing a new Challenger into the muscle-car segment for 2015, it's calling the shots in a segment that commands bragging rights.

Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat – starting U.S. MSRP of $59,995
- Most powerful muscle car ever
- Most powerful Challenger ever
- Most affordable +700 horsepower car in America
- Most horsepower-per-dollar in America
- Dodge's most powerful V-8 ever
- Unprecedented and best-in-class 707 horsepower
- Unprecedented and best-in-class 650 lb.-ft. of torque
- World's first application of TorqueFlite "8HP90" ultra-high performance eight-speed transmission
- New class-exclusive standard 7-inch multi-view cluster with "tic-toc-tach" gauges
- New class-exclusive available 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow a 2014 Challenger outran a 71'. Yeah it's fast. But I will take the old one any day of the week. They can't turn that one off with the push of a button.

nice car , I always liked MOPAR best , then Ford then Chebby . One of my favorites was [I think] the 63 Plymouth Belvedere with pushbutton transmission and 440 [think] . It was a Grandmas car , a big boat but with some wide tires , nice wheels it was a sleeper on the street .

"First Supercharged Dodge EVER!" Wish I had the money for one.

Looks like they're trying to chase down the Saleen Mustangs.

Rode in my Bro's Saleen in Arizona. 6 Speed Auto, 130mph in 5th gear and still accelerating! Steering was responsive and it was pretty quiet at those speeds.

• Banned
"First Supercharged Dodge EVER!" Wish I had the money for one.

Looks like they're trying to chase down the Saleen Mustangs.

Rode in my Bro's Saleen in Arizona. 6 Speed Auto, 130mph in 5th gear and still accelerating! Steering was responsive and it was pretty quiet at those speeds.

The Mustangs are STILL the ones to beat!

The H.P. numbers that modified ones produce is unheard of...

Mark's car made an astounding 1,416.1 RWHP and 1,089.4 RWTQ at nearly the same boost pressure 24.9 psi boost. (2013 Shelby!)

1,416 RWHP and Kenne Bell 4.7

So what does this do for the SRT Viper? Can they allow it to be inferior to a DODGE? Will they upgrade the Viper's engine to surpass the Heck-Cat?

I don't care if it has a 27 speed automatic, I'd still prefer a stick.

The most amazing thing about this car is that it will come with a normal factory warranty.

• Banned
So what does this do for the SRT Viper? Can they allow it to be inferior to a DODGE? Will they upgrade the Viper's engine to surpass the Heck-Cat?

I don't care if it has a 27 speed automatic, I'd still prefer a stick.

The most amazing thing about this car is that it will come with a normal factory warranty.

BTW, it can be had with a 6 speed STICK, if you like going sideways in 4th gear at 100MPH!:D

I really want one in this EYE SCORCHING GREEN!

And a few of the latest reviews.....simply rides better and is faster than the current Viper, and there is NOTHING shabby about the new Viper....in Stryker green!:D

06-srt-viper-stryker-green-detroit-1.jpg

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat [w/videos] First Drive - Autoblog

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat is the supercar of muscle cars! - NY Daily News

2015 Challenger Hellcat: What's it like to drive Dodge's new muscle car? - CSMonitor.com

Supercars are not even close to the same market. I am talking about the one being discussed here where the real world people live. Let's say someone gets an SXT today. And they order some combination of options like a V6 with a 3:07 rear. That is not something people normally do on the V6 to begin with. Then they add an automatic. Now they have a car that is only one of 21 out of the 27,000 sold. In the day that would have been considered a rare options car and brought big money. Not anymore. Twenty years from now that will just be a used Dodge.

Supercars are not even close to the same market. I am talking about the one being discussed here where the real world people live. Let's say someone gets an SXT today. And they order some combination of options like a V6 with a 3:07 rear. That is not something people normally do on the V6 to begin with. Then they add an automatic. Now they have a car that is only one of 21 out of the 27,000 sold. In the day that would have been considered a rare options car and brought big money. Not anymore. Twenty years from now that will just be a used Dodge.

Car of the 50's and 60's, because there basically was no collector market back then, command a premium today even as a Mom and Pop car ordered back then, IF in nice condition. Who would ever think that a station wagon, or a 4 door anything would be looked on as something to keep.... I know I certainly didn't. That '61 409 Impala SS I had was one of about 150 made, but back then, it was just a fast car, that got SLOWER each year as the new models were always faster! What I paid $2400.00 for in 1961 today brings $75K .... hindsight is a wonderful invention!:D

AFAIK, each engine/trans combination has only one gear ratio...options tend to be rather limited, especially on the higher-trim cars.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnT7BAtZSU8"]2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat First Drive Review: The new Muscle Car Standard? - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back