New 2015 Dodge HELLCAT...707 H.P. for $59,990!

Supercars are not even close to the same market. I am talking about the one being discussed here where the real world people live. Let's say someone gets an SXT today. And they order some combination of options like a V6 with a 3:07 rear. That is not something people normally do on the V6 to begin with. Then they add an automatic. Now they have a car that is only one of 21 out of the 27,000 sold. In the day that would have been considered a rare options car and brought big money. Not anymore. Twenty years from now that will just be a used Dodge.

AFAIK, each engine/trans combination has only one gear ratio...options tend to be rather limited, especially on the higher-trim cars.

Thank you for adding the AFAIK. The option sheets do allow you to order almost anything you want. It just costs a ridiculous amount of money. I used that example because I have a friend with a V6 3:07. He thought getting that combination would make his car go up in value. It hasn't.

No Hurst Ram-Rod?
Crager S/S's?
They need to put a freaking wing on it like the old Daytona's.

Regardless...

That thing is freaking deadly.

No shit.

Supercars are not even close to the same market. I am talking about the one being discussed here where the real world people live. Let's say someone gets an SXT today. And they order some combination of options like a V6 with a 3:07 rear. That is not something people normally do on the V6 to begin with. Then they add an automatic. Now they have a car that is only one of 21 out of the 27,000 sold. In the day that would have been considered a rare options car and brought big money. Not anymore. Twenty years from now that will just be a used Dodge.

AFAIK, each engine/trans combination has only one gear ratio...options tend to be rather limited, especially on the higher-trim cars.

Thank you for adding the AFAIK. The option sheets do allow you to order almost anything you want. It just costs a ridiculous amount of money. I used that example because I have a friend with a V6 3:07. He thought getting that combination would make his car go up in value. It hasn't.

anything with an MSRP of 59K is gonna be over 100K out the door....

Speaking of Hurst. Why don't they do those special editions anymore? Their idea of a special edition these days is not exclusive anymore.

No Hurst Ram-Rod?

Dude...Ram Rod was Oldsmobile!

Cragar S/S's?

I'm not sure they could make them fast enough...and I'm not sure the wheels would pass muster for things like TPMS and durability.

They need to put a freaking wing on it like the old Daytona's.

No. (And note: when new, the Daytonas pretty much bombed...some sat on dealer lots into 1973!)

Regardless...

That thing is freaking deadly.

No shit.

Yep.

The 2014 Corvette Stingray is expected to cost $55,000. The Hennessey modifications will cost an additional $69,500. Hennessey says that it has already taken two orders for its version of the new Stingray. It will also offer less expensive 800 hp, 700 hp, and 600 hp versions using a supercharger.

Hennessey announces 1000 hp 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray - SlashGear
ahhh.. good ol' John H- the crook. Hundreds of stories on that crook. Just search the Viper Club website!

Forum List

Back