Dodge Unveils New Electric Muscle-Car to Replace Challenger, Charger

I guess Abu would rather give me a negative emoji than answer the question of what he/she drives.
interesting
OK, the thumbs down was a joke. I disagree that it is interesting.
The thread is one of the few interesting ones presently.
We are mostly going in the wrong direction with electric transportation. Rather, our concepts of how we want to accomplish the essentials of what we truly want to do fail to mature.
Perfectly satisfying, fun personal vehicles don't have to be enormously expensive. They aren't for everyone nor every occasion, but they could fill an enormous percentage of a solution. For the price of a 1200 cc motorcycle, a two-seater, enclosable electric could be produced with surprisingly similar performance and sufficient range.

OK, the thumbs down was a joke. I disagree that it is interesting.
The thread is one of the few interesting ones presently.
We are mostly going in the wrong direction with electric transportation. Rather, our concepts of how we want to accomplish the essentials of what we truly want to do fail to mature.
Perfectly satisfying, fun personal vehicles don't have to be enormously expensive. They aren't for everyone nor every occasion, but they could fill an enormous percentage of a solution. For the price of a 1200 cc motorcycle, a two-seater, enclosable electric could be produced with surprisingly similar performance and sufficient range.
What is bothersome to me with the EV are where the chips are made and where the batteries get their lithium.
It just seems that the big push from our government is more along the lines of personal interest/greed of individuals
and is not in the best interest of this country.....at this time. We need to be able to supply our own batteries, our own chips
before they shove it down our throats.....and that goes for solar panels, also.

What is bothersome to me with the EV are where the chips are made and where the batteries get their lithium.
It just seems that the big push from our government is more along the lines of personal interest/greed of individuals
and is not in the best interest of this country.....at this time. We need to be able to supply our own batteries, our own chips
before they shove it down our throats.....and that goes for solar panels, also.
Nothing should be "shoved", definitely.

So....what are you sportin' in your driveway? Tesla? Or, a gas guzzler?
Your post/question was NOT a response to mine.
My OP pointing out that even Muscle car makers are going electric.... despite 1/3 of the threads here being how EVs are failing!
YOU Whiffed. Skookerasbil must have had another stroke.

But I will answer yours. (I'm Mr Straightforward)
I drive a 2006 Toyota Highlander: loaded.
I lived in Manhattan until 2018, didn't put much mileage on except to go to the beach etc on weekends in summer.
I commuted to Florida (2007-2012, with driver) app once a year to take care of a parent, liked space in back for 3/6 mos of clothes, to change in, etc. Now mostly short hops, tho storage space is still half full as residence is in long term reno.

Of course, because I lived in Manhattan (garaged), I didn't use the car much and it still only has 72,500 miles after 16 years. Probably half the miles on i95.
We weren't as energy conscious in 2006. (when I joined USMB)
But in any case, about the best thing you can do is Not Buy another car and produce the huge amount of energy that consumes. Not to mention saving 40k.
Besides I love this thing and it's in great shape, and these cars routinely have twice that mileage.
`

Last edited:
Your post/question was NOT a response to mine.
My OP pointing out that even Muscle car makers are going electric.... despite 1/3 of the threads here being how EVs are failing!
YOU Whiffed. Skookerasbil must have had another stroke.

But I will answer yours. (I'm Mr Straightforward)
I drive a 2006 Toyota Highlander: loaded.
I lived in Manhattan until 2018, didn't put much mileage on except to go to the beach etc on weekends in summer.
I commuted to Florida (2007-2012, with driver) app once a year to take care of a parent, liked space in back for 3/6 mos of clothes, to change in, etc. Now mostly short hops, tho storage space is still half full as residence is in long term reno.

Of course, because I lived in Manhattan (garaged), I didn't use the car much and it still only has 72,500 miles after 16 years. Probably half the miles on i95.
We weren't as energy conscious in 2006. (when I joined USMB)
But in any case, about the best thing you can do is Not Buy another car and produce the huge amount of energy that consumes. Not to mention saving 40k.
Besides I love this thing and it's in great shape, and these cars routinely have twice that mileage.
`
Que paso, Apu?

Nothing about that is draconian you idiot. Cars get better gas mileage because the customers want it.

DURRRRRR

and that's why they're buying EVs too. Even shockingly Muscle Cars.
So many threads telling us how EVs are bad, dying etc.
Tesla just had a record month and can't keep up.
People want clean energy/air not just good mileage.
`

and that's why they're buying EVs too. Even shockingly Muscle Cars.
So many threads telling us how EVs are bad, dying etc.
Tesla just had a record month and can't keep up.
People want clean energy/air not just good mileage.
`

Yeah GOVERNMENT mandates are forcing those changes you retard. The manufacturer's are merely doing what the government is ORDERING them to do.

DURRRRRR

Yeah GOVERNMENT mandates are forcing those changes you retard. The manufacturer's are merely doing what the government is ORDERING them to do.

DURRRRRR
False, Dementia man.
No one has to buy an EV yet and demand pre and post date any mandates.
And one can buy cheaper EVs than Tesla. (Ford's entries etc)

Do the right thing, resign with the last 3% of your gray matter so you can make it to the bathroom alone.
`

Last edited:
WHAT government mandates?

I believe the relevant regulatory framework is this:

March 31, 2022: NHTSA Finalizes CAFE Standards for MYs 2024-2026​

After reviewing the tens of thousands of public comments submitted on NHTSA’s August 2021 Proposal for MYs 2024-2026 CAFE Standards and accompanying Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement, NHTSA finalizes CAFE Standards for MYs 2024-2026. The final rule establishes standards that would require an industry-wide fleet average of approximately 49 mpg for passenger cars and light trucks in model year 2026, by increasing fuel efficiency by 8% annually for model years 2024 and 2025, and 10% annually for model year 2026. The agency projects the final standards will save consumers nearly $1,400 in total fuel expenses over the lifetimes of vehicles produced in these model years and avoid the consumption of about 234 billion gallons of gas between model years 2030 to 2050. The agency also projects the standards will cut greenhouse gases from the atmosphere, reduce air pollution, and reduce the country’s dependence on oil.

And, of course, no where does this mandate EVs.

Most cars are just boring transportation

But manufacturers are investing in Electric Rolls Royces, Cadillacs, Corvettes and any high end vehicle
Then skeptics re winning.
Charge and Challenger...
WHOOOOAHHH!

`

We keep hearing they are failing and will never replace gas cars, but virtually everyone is going EV.
1 Min Video
Wall Street Journal

Dodge Unveils New Electric Muscle-Car to Replace Challenger, Charger​

The Charger Daytona SRT concept car is Dodge’s first all-electric offering​

`
Retard we do not have enough electricity NOW for our needs without converting every vehicle to electric when we do that, we will be VERY VERY short on power, and renewables can't make up the difference.

Forum List

Back