Never let a tragedy go to waste.

That makes no sense. Explosives allow someone to easily kill, more so than a firearm.
Yeah, they do...Point being that silly laws against guns aren't going to stop the committed homicidal maniac.

Why is that so hard for gun grabbers to understand?

For the most part, no, it won't.

I personally feel that one instance of prevention for something like this justifies trying. Of course if you're sure that's a complete impossibility, I'd have to ask how you know such a thing...

What part of protected right don't you grasp?

That makes no sense. Explosives allow someone to easily kill, more so than a firearm.
Yeah, they do...Point being that silly laws against guns aren't going to stop the committed homicidal maniac.

I personally feel that one instance of prevention for something like this justifies trying. Of course if you're sure that's a complete impossibility, I'd have to ask how you know such a thing...
Because the law cannot protect you from the actions of criminals....It's axiomatic.

Calls for greater gun control after mass shooting at elementary school | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Morons, more laws won't stop people bent on killing. Unless they plan to seal our borders and our coastline outlawing guns won't stop them from being available to crooks and killers.

By the way? In China a man murdered a bunch of elementary school children with a knife. One does not need a gun. And the ability to construct a huge bomb is pretty available as well.

Just so you know, I will never surrender my weapons.

I challenge you to a duel, I get a gun and you can have a knife.

It's the same thing, they can both kill someone, right?

Dumb ass.

The opponent is always unarmed.

You fail....again.

That has what to do with whether a gun is more proficient at killing than something like a knife?

Go try and look smart somewhere else.

Hey, if you don't care about kids getting shot up at schools, I'm not gonna change your mind. :thup:

Calls for greater gun control after mass shooting at elementary school | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Morons, more laws won't stop people bent on killing. Unless they plan to seal our borders and our coastline outlawing guns won't stop them from being available to crooks and killers.

By the way? In China a man murdered a bunch of elementary school children with a knife. One does not need a gun. And the ability to construct a huge bomb is pretty available as well.

Well....if you ever shot one of my children your ass would be well advised to do exactly what that murdering asshole did with your automatic weapon...blow your own ass away.

I have two daughters and a son....the daughters are 22 months apart in age. They were in the same elementary school for about four years. If some crazy asshole had murdered them while they were in their classrooms my wife and I would have been ruined for life.This is real....it's not some video game.

Great Britain doesn't allow military assault weapons and 100 shot clips and they lose about 35-40 citizens each year to gun events. For several years the U S loses 11,000 12,000. Wise up...quit chewing your tobacco and driving your pickup truck with the confederate flag and shotgun mounted on the rear window. Just because your penis is only 3" long doesn't give you the right to carry a gun that more often than not you will never use in any way except on a firing range...or illegally in the woods...killing animals out of season.

What absolutely amazes me is that most of the same people who think it's just fine to carry a gun believe they are going to join a ghost pal of theirs, floating on a cloud, fly off to paradise and live forever while those of us who don't believe that same thing they do roast in a pit. That removes all doubt about how ignorant they are....VERY!!

Last edited:

The part where dozens of 7 year olds are the cost of that unfettered right.

I challenge you to a duel, I get a gun and you can have a knife.

It's the same thing, they can both kill someone, right?

Dumb ass.

You fail....again.

That has what to do with whether a gun is more proficient at killing than something like a knife?

In an elementary school a knife works just fine, in China how many did he kill and wound? Hell here in the states recently a guy went on a rampage in a store he stabbed 3 people and was bent on more until an armed shopper stopped him. And those were adults.

When will people realize the government can not protect them. We will always suffer these types of tragedy's until we make it our own responsibility to protect ourselves and loved ones ourselves. One armed teacher could have ended this event before it became a massacre. Anyone that believes we live in a civil, peaceful society where we can be protected from harm by the government was proven wrong today. Our world is populated by a large number of unstable people that we have no way of controlling so we better be ready to protect our own. This is not a country for weak people that think they are ever safe and protected by others.

Then as I keep saying, get an amendment created and past 37 States, failing that you can not remove mine or anyone else's rights cause you are scared.

By the way, exactly how will you disarm the gangs, the mob and criminals? How will you stop weapons from being smuggled into the Country across a porous open border and ports?

It is a FACT that in countries with the strictest gun control laws and out right bans that VIOLENT crimes are HIGHER then the US

Because the law cannot protect you from the actions of criminals....It's axiomatic.

So... in your (small) mind, what does the law do?

If metal health databases here crossed checked with national gun ownership database .... and if today's shooter had ever been prescribed medication for depression or manic depression, or been arrested, or been discharged from the military.... Then a red flag would have gone up and sheriff deputies could have paid a visit to his home, ask him to surrender all weapons in the home.

It's so fucking simple. We have the technology, we have the people smart enough to write thinking programs that talk to each other, exchange information and create a list of names of people who should not have handguns.

If you see a counselor and say something that indicated your dangerous (like the Colorado shooter) RED FLAG!!

Preventative.

We do it with sex criminals. Why not other dangerous people.

If you buy guns at a gun show, transport them across state lines for private sale, then you go to federal prison for 10 years. ENFORCE THE LAWS ON THE BOOKS!!

When will people realize the government can not protect them. We will always suffer these types of tragedy's until we make it our own responsibility to protect ourselves and loved ones ourselves. One armed teacher could have ended this event before it became a massacre. Anyone that believes we live in a civil, peaceful society where we can be protected from harm by the government was proven wrong today. Our world is populated by a large number of unstable people that we have no way of controlling so we better be ready to protect our own. This is not a country for weak people that think they are ever safe and protected by others.

I think you are partially right, in that government alone certainly cannot prevent this type of thing.

But I think they can certainly help.

If we allowed gun ownership and carrying of said guns to be more widespread, but imposed regulations like the ones I noted above, I think it might have an effect.

Dumb ass.

You fail....again.

In an elementary school a knife works just fine, in China how many did he kill and wound? Hell here in the states recently a guy went on a rampage in a store he stabbed 3 people and was bent on more until an armed shopper stopped him. And those were adults.

So you really think if that guy in China had a gun instead he wouldn't have been able to inflict more damage than he did?

That's quite a reach.

Well....if you ever shot one of my children your ass would be well advised to do exactly what that murdering asshole did with your automatic weapon...blow your own ass away.

I have two daughters and a son....the daughters are 22 months apart in age. They were in the same elementary school for about four years. If some crazy asshole had murdered them while they were in their classrooms my wife and I would have been ruined for life.This is real....it's not some video game.

Great Britain doesn't allow military assault weapons and 100 shot clips and they lose about 35-40 citizens each year to gun events. For several years the U S loses 11,000 12,000. Wise up...quit chewing your tobacco and driving your pickup truck with the confederate flag and shotgun mounted on the rear window. Just because your penis is only 3" long doesn't give you the right to carry a gun that more often than not you will never use in any way except on a firing range...or illegally in the woods.

We are a Nation with a Constitution. You don't like a right? You have an option. Create and get past Congress an Amendment. Then get 37 States to agree to it. Failing that you have no right to disarm me or anyone else that is not committing a crime.

I notice you whine about YOUR rights. How about we pass some law that violates one of YOUR rights and the Constitution. Or is that different?

Can you explain what you mean by that?

Then as I keep saying, get an amendment created and past 37 States, failing that you can not remove mine or anyone else's rights cause you are scared.

By the way, exactly how will you disarm the gangs, the mob and criminals? How will you stop weapons from being smuggled into the Country across a porous open border and ports?

It is a FACT that in countries with the strictest gun control laws and out right bans that VIOLENT crimes are HIGHER then the US

I am not suggesting that anyone be required to give up their guns. Hell if I were allowed to own one I would.
I am suggesting that we need to impliment new requirements for ownership. Mental status along with the one that prevents me from owning one, criminal. And possibly an age restriction as most of these mass murders are done by very young men.

So you really think if that guy in China had a gun instead he wouldn't have been able to inflict more damage than he did?

That's quite a reach.

Wait? So there is a magic number you would accept for dead children? 10 dead is not as bad as 20 dead? And is acceptable?

That's quite a reach.

Wait? So there is a magic number you would accept for dead children? 10 dead is not as bad as 20 dead? And is acceptable?

You're evidently never going to grasp the point I'm conveying. :thup:

Perhaps a reread is in order.

If metal health databases here crossed checked with national gun ownership database .... and if today's shooter had ever been prescribed medication for depression or manic depression, or been arrested, or been discharged from the military.... Then a red flag would have gone up and sheriff deputies could have paid a visit to his home, ask him to surrender all weapons in the home.

It's so fucking simple. We have the technology, we have the people smart enough to write thinking programs that talk to each other, exchange information and create a list of names of people who should not have handguns.

If you see a counselor and say something that indicated your dangerous (like the Colorado shooter) RED FLAG!!

Preventative.

If you buy guns at a gun show, transport them across state lines for private sale, then you go to federal prison for 10 years. ENFORCE THE LAWS ON THE BOOKS!!

Small mind this, punk....

The law is there for redress and recompense for the actions of aggressors and other assorted antisocial people, not as some kind of social engineering scam that pretends to protect the law abiding by treating them as potential criminals.

And all the laws, permits, classes, mental profiles and databases won't protect anyone from the miscreant who steals their gun or obtains it via black market sources.

Preventative.

You obviously do not know the law. One can take all the medication they want, be seen by Psychiatrists and even have voluntarily spent time in a mental facility all with out surrendering their right under the 2nd to weapons.

Forum List

Back