Never let a tragedy go to waste.

Calls for greater gun control after mass shooting at elementary school | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Morons, more laws won't stop people bent on killing. Unless they plan to seal our borders and our coastline outlawing guns won't stop them from being available to crooks and killers.

By the way? In China a man murdered a bunch of elementary school children with a knife. One does not need a gun. And the ability to construct a huge bomb is pretty available as well.

Just so you know, I will never surrender my weapons.

Look, another asshole spitting on parents who just lost their children.

I don't think anyone is arguing about the idea that if someone really wants to kill another, that it will more than likely be done.

But does that mean we should see that the process of such a thing is as accommodating as possible to the potential murderer?

Does anyone think that if that guy went into the school today with a couple of knives that this would've ended as tragically?

It did in China

Calls for greater gun control after mass shooting at elementary school | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Morons, more laws won't stop people bent on killing. Unless they plan to seal our borders and our coastline outlawing guns won't stop them from being available to crooks and killers.

By the way? In China a man murdered a bunch of elementary school children with a knife. One does not need a gun. And the ability to construct a huge bomb is pretty available as well.

I thanked you for the well thought out post.:clap2:

No new laws will come from this but your paranoia is noted.

Not true, this will be a turning point!

I expect:
(1) A National Database of gun-ownership!
(2) National ID to own a gun!
(3) Illegalization of many guns and ammo!
(4) More red tape in the gun buying process!

I hope behind closed doors, the President is vowing to bankrupt the NRA before the end of his term. I hope he is telling the ATF, FBI, and DEA that the NRA will be history by 2016.

Last edited:
This type of insanity should unite us in our efforts to protect innocent life. Not divide us along political lines.
How do you protect anyone from a homicidal lunatic?

An ambush is an ambush & no amount of legislation is going to stop a homicidal lunatic from getting his ends.
This guy was let in because they knew him... Pretty much unavoidable.

This type of insanity should unite us in our efforts to protect innocent life. Not divide us along political lines.

You can not protect everyone from every nut BUT...

That doesn't mean you don't take appropriate steps to protect some. And it doesn't have to all be focused on guns. The mental health industry could possibly use some scrutiny as well. I mean some of the drugs advertised on tv talk of psycotic side effects.

An ambush is an ambush & no amount of legislation is going to stop a homicidal lunatic from getting his ends.
This guy was let in because they knew him... Pretty much unavoidable.

Almost unavoidable.....metal detector and a guard would have hindered him greatly.

My thoughts on a compromise would be this:

Open carry and gun ownership shall be legal for any citizen, across the board, everywhere in the US, local laws notwithstanding.

In return, the following shall apply to qualify for gun ownership:

1. Guns ownership shall henceforth be treated exactly like car ownership:
-One must pass a competency test,
-You must have a license that's renewed every few years to own one,
-You must purchase insurance to own a gun
-Abuse of said weapon can result in suspension or revocation of license

2. One must have no criminal record or history of mental illness in order to own a gun. Background checks shall be conducted when a license is purchased to ensure this.

and finally, if possible:

3. All weapons of certain types (automatic weapons, etc) shall be equipped with mandatory thumb-print identification, so they cannot be used by anyone except their legal owner.

Steps would have to be taken to ensure that costs of said stipulations shall not be over-bearing.

For stipulation #3, perhaps there could be some sort of trade-in program on weapons where the outfitting of said equipment would prove impossible.

One way is to make it at least difficult to attain something that allows them to easily kill. Just a thought.
Oh, would the people be any less dead if the homicidal maniac had set of a suicide vest full of C-4?

That makes no sense. Explosives allow someone to easily kill, more so than a firearm.
Yeah, they do...Point being that silly laws against guns aren't going to stop the committed homicidal maniac.

Why is that so hard for gun grabbers to understand?

I challenge you to a duel, I get a gun and you can have a knife.

It's the same thing, they can both kill someone, right?

Dumb ass.

The opponent is always unarmed.

You fail....again.

One way is to make it at least difficult to attain something that allows them to easily kill. Just a thought.
Oh, would the people be any less dead if the homicidal maniac had set of a suicide vest full of C-4?

That makes no sense. Explosives allow someone to easily kill, more so than a firearm.

And they are illegal , tightly controlled and have numerous regulations barring them from civilian hands, yet easily made and used. How exactly does more laws on guns change the fact that occasionally a crazy person is going to use them?

I repeat, the 2nd is not going away. You want to change it? Make a new Amendment get it past Congress and then get it approved by 37 States. Failing that the Constitution is clear and made clearer by the Courts. You can not restrict access nor disarm people just because someone MIGHT do something.

National registration is unconstitutional. Treating a buyer as a criminal is Unconstitutional. Bans are Unconstitutional.

Yeah, they do...Point being that silly laws against guns aren't going to stop the committed homicidal maniac.

Why is that so hard for gun grabbers to understand?

For the most part, no, it won't.

I personally feel that one instance of prevention for something like this justifies trying. Of course if you're sure that's a complete impossibility, I'd have to ask how you know such a thing...

Forum List

Back