Netting

I net my Queen Anne cherry trees for one simple reason. I didn't grow them to have the birds eat all the cherries in 5 minutes the second they are ripe.
I wish though that Walmart would net the trees in front of their stores so that the G D grackles wouldn't shit on my head and shoulders if I walk under the branches.

I net my Queen Anne cherry trees for one simple reason. I didn't grow them to have the birds eat all the cherries in 5 minutes the second they are ripe.
I wish though that Walmart would net the trees in front of their stores so that the G D grackles wouldn't shit on my head and shoulders if I walk under the branches.

Those are good. Probably pretty, too.

It protects the fruit.
Its to do with planning law. Nesting birds is a reason to delay or refuse planning permission for a site.

Then that sounds like kind of a goofy law. We don't have laws like this, but we do have a lot of laws in this country that prevent people from developing a property because someone has declared it a "habitat" for a spotted owl or a snail darter. It has actually frustrated conservation efforts, because property owners kill the animals and quietly bury them.

Forum List

Back