Netflix: The Florida Project

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
I've seen this movie before, and I'm watching it again now.

I can't figure out what is so captivating about it but it intrigues me every single time I've tuned in even though it's shown from the perspective of a couple of kids who are 6 to maybe 8 years old. But it also portrays the relationships between them and the dysfunctional adults in their lives, particularly their caregivers.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80194388
1706406054488.png

I've seen this movie before, and I'm watching it again now.

I can't figure out what is so captivating about it but it intrigues me every single time I've tuned in even though it's shown from the perspective of a couple of kids who are 6 to maybe 8 years old. But it also portrays the relationships between them and the dysfunctional adults in their lives, particularly their caregivers.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80194388
View attachment 894072
Does anyone know why the motel manager stated he couldn't have Moonee & her mom "establishing residency" as he opened an empty room and let them store their belongings in it before we see them attempting to check into a room at a different motel where the apparently new proprietor was charging $10 a night more than they had previously been paying? Moonee's mom mentions that the two motels have an agreement so apparently there is some law in place that prevents people from staying there long term would be my guess, I'm not really sure so I'm hoping someone else knows the answer.

I attended college in Daytona Beach and even worked as a maid at one of the major hotels on the beach side for a while under the university's work study program to earn money while in school so I know a little bit about the perceived different "statures" (or lack thereof) of people in various areas of the state. I was kind of surprised that there is still so much rancor directed at the "damn Yankees" :)

Forum List

Back