Netflix Movie: The Midnight Sky

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Decent. Not a bad movie, but not a great movie either.
Worth watching, but keep your expectations to a moderate level.
The storyline is good, some good action scenes that keep you on your toes a bit, but the film lacked depth of characters. And it should have had it.
It certainly had the actors to do so. It had the storyline to do so. And it had scenes where it should have been. But it wasn't there.
The relationship between Clooney's character and the young stowaway... should have had more emotional depth. The secondary story of the spaceship and it's crew were equally lacking the X factor that connects them to the audience.

In a nutshell... go ahead and watch it, it is decent. You will be entertained... it's a decent film. But it could and should have been better.

The trailer looks good.
By all means watch it, I wouldn't tell anyone otherwise. It's just that I believe the story/characters had the means to be a great film. Up there with the top echelon of Sci-Fi genre. Just disappointed me it wasn't, when it could have been.

I was thinking of watching that last night. Maybe tonight I will. I'm not above watching a moderately good movie. :)

Decent. Not a bad movie, but not a great movie either.
Worth watching, but keep your expectations to a moderate level.
The storyline is good, some good action scenes that keep you on your toes a bit, but the film lacked depth of characters. And it should have had it.
It certainly had the actors to do so. It had the storyline to do so. And it had scenes where it should have been. But it wasn't there.
The relationship between Clooney's character and the young stowaway... should have had more emotional depth. The secondary story of the spaceship and it's crew were equally lacking the X factor that connects them to the audience.

In a nutshell... go ahead and watch it, it is decent. You will be entertained... it's a decent film. But it could and should have been better.

Thanks for the tip. My wife and I can never figure out what movies to watch and either give up or watch something random that is, of course, hit or miss.

Yea, don't bother watching it.

Essentially it was a gloom and doom movie about the effects of global warming that made me want to jump off a bridge.

Two thumbs down.

Essentially it was a gloom and doom movie about the effects of global warming that made me want to jump off a bridge.

Two thumbs down.
I disagree that it had anything to do with global warming.
The movie does not specify what happened, only that some global catastrophe occurred that released worldwide radiation.
Radiation has nothing to do with global warming. In the film there is a person who becomes suddenly sick, and the main character tells them it is radiation sickness.

Two thumbs down.
I disagree that it had anything to do with global warming.
The movie does not specify what happened, only that some global catastrophe occurred that released worldwide radiation.
Radiation has nothing to do with global warming. In the film there is a person who becomes suddenly sick, and the main character tells them it is radiation sickness.
Lefties are so obsessed with gloom and doom it's hard to tell sometimes.

If I wanted that, I'll just turn on the news or listen to Joe Biden tell us for Christmas just how much worse the Pandemic will get.

Yawn.

Forum List

Back