Netanyahu Speech To Congress Is High-Risk, High-Reward

I'm not sure. I'm holding my reservations. I remember how slickly we were drawn into Iraq and how few in Congress had the guts to seriously question the data or the strategy. I don't want to see something like that again.

Free speech is fine...but we have a congress overtly hostile to negotiations and, as some don't trust Obama, I do not trust the Republican Congress and this particular meeting really seems to go against established protocals. I don't trust Netanyahu either, as he is facing a tight election.

Daily Mail has a more recent article, and weights the pros/cons of applying more pressure.

Now Israel s MOSSAD weighs into Iran sanctions row at secret meeting with senators Daily Mail Online

There is bi-partisan concern over Obama's strategy with Iran. Bob Menendez (D-NJ) has been an outspoken critic, as have others from the left. I personally think Obama wants an agreement no matter what the cost, or how bad the deal. Obviously many others, including the Israelis feel the same way.
I opined on another thread that Obama shouldn't feel shit upon if a bi-partisn Senate hands him a veto proof sanctions bill.

For Republicans, it's all about "hate Obama". How did that work out in the last presidential election. Man, were they surprised. They were so sure that if they hate him that much, everyone else does too.

Did it bother you that Cameron called members of congress to lobby them against sanctions? Maybe I missed your thread on "foreign interference in OUR politics"?

Was he meeting with Congress shortly before an election after the President had said they would not do so?

Foreign interference in foreign interference. Congress is co-equal branch...They don't need the presidents permission to invite someone to speak

I agree, foreign interference is foreign interference - but I have not before seen something like this, where the president is deliberately flouted Have you? When it comes to international relations, the President and Congress should show a unified front whether they agree or disagree and in particular when there is so much pressure on these negotiations. The should be given a chance to work and Netanyahu's been trying to scuttle then since the beginning and now there is a more sympathetic Congress, you have to wonder. I don't think this is good at all.

the President was FLOUTED? had he told the congress-----DON'T INVITE NETANYAHU and DON' T TALK TO HIM???

Now you're being silly.

typical retort from a desperado----tangled up in her own absurd sophistry

Was he meeting with Congress shortly before an election after the President had said they would not do so?

Foreign interference in foreign interference. Congress is co-equal branch...They don't need the presidents permission to invite someone to speak

I agree, foreign interference is foreign interference - but I have not before seen something like this, where the president is deliberately flouted Have you? When it comes to international relations, the President and Congress should show a unified front whether they agree or disagree and in particular when there is so much pressure on these negotiations. The should be given a chance to work and Netanyahu's been trying to scuttle then since the beginning and now there is a more sympathetic Congress, you have to wonder. I don't think this is good at all.

the President was FLOUTED? had he told the congress-----DON'T INVITE NETANYAHU and DON' T TALK TO HIM???

Now you're being silly.

Nah. You're just being silly.

Now you're being silly.

things are going really well ---as a reponse to your
chamberlain approach to the filth you so enjoy

Now you're being silly.

is that one the only cue card you got, coyote?

There is a bit of a difference here which makes this particular occassion unprecidented. For one, Congress and the President don't act in defiance of each other when it comes to inviting international heads of state. For another, as was clearly articulated - there is a long-standing policy of NOT meeting with heads of state shortly before elections so as not to give the impression of interference.

Did it bother you that Cameron called members of congress to lobby them against sanctions? Maybe I missed your thread on "foreign interference in OUR politics"?

Obama is incompetent, he doesn't even observe his own set deadlines. they were a "unified front" but Obama keeps moving the lines in favor of Iran.

Obama seems to be temporizing to me. Kind of trying to
cut his losses and cut and run. --------take a safe route.
He is no FDR and he is no Churchill. He is overwhelmed

Now you're being silly.

It's the one that keeps popping up for you :)

Now you're being silly.

It's the one that keeps popping up for you :)

yes-----you are so stumped that you resort to meaningless eructation

Free speech is fine...but we have a congress overtly hostile to negotiations and, as some don't trust Obama, I do not trust the Republican Congress and this particular meeting really seems to go against established protocals. I don't trust Netanyahu either, as he is facing a tight election.

Daily Mail has a more recent article, and weights the pros/cons of applying more pressure.

Now Israel s MOSSAD weighs into Iran sanctions row at secret meeting with senators Daily Mail Online

Why do you keep posting Obama propaganda that has been debunked by me...Kinda like the muslim propaganda you post regularly

Why do you keep posting Obama propaganda that has been debunked by me...Kinda like the muslim propaganda you post regularly

What makes you think *your* propoganda debunks anything?

What makes you think *your* propoganda debunks anything?

The Massad debunked it not me actually. Obama thought they wouldn't because it's never done... Poor Obama those Jews over there just wont cooperate with his propaganda machine:(

OBAMA CAMPAIGN TEAM ARRIVES IN ISRAEL TO DEFEAT NETANYAHU IN MARCH ELECTION

netanyahu-french-synagogue-afp.jpg

Just days after the Obama White House accused House Speaker John Boehner of “breaking protocol” by inviting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to address a joint session of Congress, a team of up to five Obama campaign operatives has reportedly arrived in Israel to lead a campaign to defeat the Israeli Prime Minister in upcoming national elections scheduled for March 17.

The anti-Netanyahu, left wing Israeli newspaper Haaretz reports a group called “One Voice,” reportedly funded by American donors, is paying for the Obama campaign team. That group is reportedly being lead by Obama’s 2012 field director Jeremy Bird.

As Jerusalem Post columnist and putative Knesset candidate Caroline Glick reported on her Facebook page, “Obama won’t meet Benjamin Netanyahu in Washington when he addresses the Joint Houses of Congress in March because of Netanyahu’s visit’s proximity to the Israeli elections. And Obama, of course believes in protocol and propriety which is why he won’t get involved.” And yet, Glick adds, “He’s just sending his 2012 field campaign manager to Israel to run a campaign to defeat Netanyahu.”

For all the harsh accusations of foreign interference currently being leveled against GOP Speaker John Boehner, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Israeli Ambassador Ron Dermer, reports of Obama operatives actively working to unseat a democratically elected leader of a strong U.S. ally is hardly the news it might appear to be.

The Obama White House has aggressively worked to defeat allied leaders it has not liked and to elect or re-elect foreign leaders it does like. As the Times of Israel recently reported, the list of Obama Administration meddling in foreign elections is a long one
Obama Campaign Team Arrives in Israel to Defeat Netanyahu in March Elections - Breitbart

OBAMA CAMPAIGN TEAM ARRIVES IN ISRAEL TO DEFEAT NETANYAHU IN MARCH ELECTION

netanyahu-french-synagogue-afp.jpg

Just days after the Obama White House accused House Speaker John Boehner of “breaking protocol” by inviting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to address a joint session of Congress, a team of up to five Obama campaign operatives has reportedly arrived in Israel to lead a campaign to defeat the Israeli Prime Minister in upcoming national elections scheduled for March 17.

The anti-Netanyahu, left wing Israeli newspaper Haaretz reports a group called “One Voice,” reportedly funded by American donors, is paying for the Obama campaign team. That group is reportedly being lead by Obama’s 2012 field director Jeremy Bird.

As Jerusalem Post columnist and putative Knesset candidate Caroline Glick reported on her Facebook page, “Obama won’t meet Benjamin Netanyahu in Washington when he addresses the Joint Houses of Congress in March because of Netanyahu’s visit’s proximity to the Israeli elections. And Obama, of course believes in protocol and propriety which is why he won’t get involved.” And yet, Glick adds, “He’s just sending his 2012 field campaign manager to Israel to run a campaign to defeat Netanyahu.”

For all the harsh accusations of foreign interference currently being leveled against GOP Speaker John Boehner, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Israeli Ambassador Ron Dermer, reports of Obama operatives actively working to unseat a democratically elected leader of a strong U.S. ally is hardly the news it might appear to be.

The Obama White House has aggressively worked to defeat allied leaders it has not liked and to elect or re-elect foreign leaders it does like. As the Times of Israel recently reported, the list of Obama Administration meddling in foreign elections is a long one
Obama Campaign Team Arrives in Israel to Defeat Netanyahu in March Elections - Breitbart
I thought Obobble just said he wouldn't meet with Bibi because he didn't want to influence Israeli elections. I guess that's one more lie from the POS.

Forum List

Back