Neo-Cons, Answer Me This...

9/11 occurred...case closed.

So much for the "Bush kept us safe" meme.

Tom Clancy, if you didn't or don't support or defend Bush's litanny of failures and you a self-proclaimed conservative, and if you don't get upset every and anytime someone brings up the fact that BushCo was a colossal failure then I'd wager that the term "neo-con" does not apply to you.

9/11 occurred...case closed.

So much for the "Bush kept us safe" meme.

...for seven years.

That was what was said.

You failed to understand that - much like you fail to understand what neoconism actually is...

What was the death count of Americans from terrorism for Bush's first year, Sinatra?

What was the death count of Americans from terrorism for Clinton's first year, Sinatra?

What was the death count of Americans from terrorism for Obama's first year, Sinatra?

What was the death count of Americans from terrorism for Bush's first year, Sinatra?

What was the death count of Americans from terrorism for Clinton's first year, Sinatra?

What was the death count of Americans from terrorism for Obama's first year, Sinatra?

What does that have to do with giving a working definition for neoconism?

2001 was the single worst terrorist attack in American history. Yes, that happened on Bush's watch, with direct links to the Clinton administration.

No disagreement there.

Now get back to the thread topic - please give a working definition of neoconism.

Thank you!

Hey Einstein...you can't have the man presiding over the worst terrorist attack in the country ever and "he kept us safe" in the same sentence...EVER. No matter if it was 1, 2, 3 or 100 years apart, before or after.

If the dunce actually "kept us safe" 9/11 would NOT have occurred.

Capice?

On top of that the DUNCE instituted policies that actually ENDANGERED Americans...and this is AFTER the attacks.

"He kept us safe" my BIG TOE!!

*SMH*
.. :rolleyes: ..

EDIT: He DID manage to "keep us scared" though, I'll give you that.

Last edited:
Hey Einstein...you can't have the man presiding over the worst terrorist attack in the country ever and "he kept us safe" in the same sentence...EVER. No matter if it was 1, 2, 3 or 100 years apart, before or after.

If the dunce actually "kept us safe" 9/11 would NOT have occurred.

Capice?

I got no problem with that.

Now give a working definition for neocon.

Thank you!

The definition of neo-conservatism as developed by Kristol is sufficient for the likes of you, Sinatra.

You are not allowed to succeed in smearing the trail with your nonsense. Yes, Bush's administration was neo-conservative in tilt. Obama's is not.

You have lost, let's move on.

Cheney, Wolfowitz, Pearle for a start...whether they were working is open to debate....

Those are individuals - not a working definition.

Cute attempt though.

Still waiting...

Look at their belief system and you will get your answer....

Ah, but individuals are far too complex to offer up as examples of a singular definition. Nice try - but you are being intellectually lazy.

So where others have failed in this thread, perhaps you can give your own working definition of neoconism...

Thank you!

The definition of neo-conservatism as developed by Kristol is sufficient for the likes of you, Sinatra.

You are not allowed to succeed in smearing the trail with your nonsense. Yes, Bush's administration was neo-conservative in tilt. Obama's is not.

You have lost, let's move on.

And what was Kristol's definition? If you attempt to utilize his quick one-off "mugged by reality", you then must explain the meaning behind that, otherwise you are hiding behind a non-definition - and I venture, you know almost nothing of Irving Kristol...

Sinatra, you are so far in over head. Follow Dr. Grumps' advise son. Yes, you are in over your head.

Also read this: Wolfowitz Doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you believe in any of this, you are a neocon...

From your link...

"One of the primary tasks we face today in shaping the future is carrying long standing alliances into the new era, and turning old enmities into new cooperative relationships. If we and other leading democracies continue to build a democratic security community, a much safer world is likely to emerge. If we act separately, many other problems could result."

Sounds very much in line with the United Nations concept.

To say nothing of the Obama White House...:eusa_angel:

No, it does not. It violates the self-determination of peoples and their nations. You do not know what you are talking about. But it is certainly does not follow the U.N. goals. Shame on you.

Also read this: Wolfowitz Doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you believe in any of this, you are a neocon...

From your link...

"One of the primary tasks we face today in shaping the future is carrying long standing alliances into the new era, and turning old enmities into new cooperative relationships. If we and other leading democracies continue to build a democratic security community, a much safer world is likely to emerge. If we act separately, many other problems could result."

Sounds very much in line with the United Nations concept.

To say nothing of the Obama White House...:eusa_angel:

We can all cherry pick. Do you want me to as well? There's plenty in there that spans the current definition of the term (and yes, it has been bastardised since Kristol laid claim to the term - live with it)....

Forum List

Back