Negative Reputation

I am still in the process of learning features of this board. If anyone received negative reputation from me, please let me know and I will rectify it. I do not think anyone on this forum has pissed me off to the degree to warrant negative reputation from me.

Vik, this is a public message board.....meaning it is intended that folks who come here thrash out views in public....

... there is no obligation to use the neg function.

You can simply answer a post- or not.

A neg is unseen by any but the target, and serves very little in the way of benefit to any.
Yesterday, a poster disagreed with me...vehemently so....and told me off but through a pos rep....

I thought it was a classy way of doing things.
Do as you wish...but you seem articulate enough to handle things in public.

I've disagreed with an OP, but left positive rep because he was a class act throughout. Also thought the thread was worth discussing, not just a rehash of other threads.

I do find it funny how serious some take a neg, to me its just like life, sometimes you express an opinion and get a slap on the back, sometimes you get a kick in the butt. Life would be pretty boring if it wasn't that way.

One more thing........

BEER

Agree completely.
I often do the same.

Some people with high rep will neg a member with low rep just to see them in the red.

That sounds like Roudy.

Stroll into the Middle East threads and disagree with one of his rants and you can look forward to neg repping every 48 hours for as long as you stay posting, often followed by personal messages anouncing his masculinity.

I always have a vision of him age 5, sitting in a sandbox and informing the other kids that he owns it.

Some people with high rep will neg a member with low rep just to see them in the red.

That sounds like Roudy.

Stroll into the Middle East threads and disagree with one of his rants and you can look forward to neg repping every 48 hours for as long as you stay posting, often followed by personal messages anouncing his masculinity.

I always have a vision of him age 5, sitting in a sandbox and informing the other kids that he owns it.

I have endured the 48 hour rep before, and when they run out of posts to rep, they go through the old ones and neg a week old post.

Its cowardly, rather.

Noomi -

I agree. It's too childish for words.

I don't often check my reps, and have the system set so I don't get alerts. It just is what it is. But it is weird to look at the list sometime and see that of my last 20 reps, 6 have been neg reps from one poster and on one thread!

Noomi -

I agree. It's too childish for words.

I don't often check my reps, and have the system set so I don't get alerts. It just is what it is. But it is weird to look at the list sometime and see that of my last 20 reps, 6 have been neg reps from one poster and on one thread!

I made up for a neg with a pos. :)

That sounds like Roudy.

:clap2:

I've learned to stay out of that sub-forum. It is a circle jerk. Immune to facts and logic. Partisan beyond repair or reason. On that issue, there is blood on the hands of all parties, and there are covert interest groups that muck up the waters. If you attempt to reveal truth and shed light on the situation in an attempt to bring reason and sanity to the issue so the peace might be had, all you will end up with is a bloody nose.

It is really a microcosm of what the problem is with the entire region. People have been conditioned and propagandized to only see their side of an issue at the expense of peace. As long as folks are unwilling to listen, as long as there are clandestine agents controlling the narrative, there can be no real discussion.

They continue to boost each other with positive rep. and destroy all who enter that do not hold to their point of view. Be warned to tread lightly before you enter such treacherous territory. It is a place of a perverted and twisted world paradigm, no matter whether viewed from either point of view. :cool:

Mister Beale -

I totally agree - the tolerance and understanding demonstrated in the forum do seem to reflect the situation on the ground, sometimes!

There is some great discussion in the I/P forum, but often buried under mountains of abuse and neg-repping!

I am proud to say that I have not neged anyone. I intend to keep it this way.

i used to say that too. You will get over it.... lol. :tongue:

^what she said.
If someone negs you, you find yourself desperate to neg them back, lol.

not so much about the negging someone back... but you do come across some post so far off any chart of normal or right.... it deserves a neg!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Neg reps are for punks. If you've got a problem with someone just confront them and don't be a pussy!

how does one do that without getting a hit from a mod or admin.., BTW i got called out and had two posts deleted for the same reason as you quoted, i could care less about pos or negs...., i just want to be who i am......, but it seems a bunch of liber fools here hate me already.

FUCK'EM :up:

Neg reps are for punks. If you've got a problem with someone just confront them and don't be a pussy!

how does one do that without getting a hit from a mod or admin.., BTW i got called out and had two posts deleted for the same reason as you quoted, i could care less about pos or negs...., i just want to be who i am......, but it seems a bunch of liber fools here hate me already.

I do it constantly. I have been given one warning and had a post deleted because some whinny punks complained, but I certainly got the message through directly enough for them to whine about it. I consider that a positive. These two guys in two separate incidents are among the stupidest and whinniest on this site.

The rep system is interesting. Many boards do not have or turn off that feature. One thing all the message boards have in common is trolls and posters who seem to argue just for the sake of arguing.

How the moderators or community handles them varies on different boards. When someone posts something you perceive as negative, do you put much stock in their rep or do you go back and look at a sample of their posting history to get an opinion on that poster's personality?

I made a few rather innocuous posts about some TV shows I enjoyed watching and chuckled at those took the time to post how they disliked them. Even in this thread, derogatory name calling reared its head in what otherwise seemed a very civil conversation.

It's a good topic as I was just wondering how much emphasis is placed on rep power and the role it plays on discussion boards. Thanks for starting this topic.

I do it constantly. I have been given one warning and had a post deleted because some whinny punks complained, but I certainly got the message through directly enough for them to whine about it. I consider that a positive. These two guys in two separate incidents are among the stupidest and whinniest on this site.
Names...
lol-050.gif

What is really annoying is getting a neg from someone that has not made one post on the thread, and does not leave a comment as to the reason for the neg rep.

What is really annoying is getting a neg from someone that has not made one post on the thread, and does not leave a comment as to the reason for the neg rep.

I think it would be safe to assume that the reason they negged you wasn't because they agreed with you.

Also, the board software does require some sort of character in the neg rep comment box, even if it's only a period.

Last edited:
The rep system is interesting. Many boards do not have or turn off that feature. One thing all the message boards have in common is trolls and posters who seem to argue just for the sake of arguing.

How the moderators or community handles them varies on different boards. When someone posts something you perceive as negative, do you put much stock in their rep or do you go back and look at a sample of their posting history to get an opinion on that poster's personality?

I made a few rather innocuous posts about some TV shows I enjoyed watching and chuckled at those took the time to post how they disliked them. Even in this thread, derogatory name calling reared its head in what otherwise seemed a very civil conversation.

It's a good topic as I was just wondering how much emphasis is placed on rep power and the role it plays on discussion boards. Thanks for starting this topic.

What do you want, a board where everyone agrees with each other? I know of a board like that, and believe me, it is boring!

I thought the back and forth discussions, and yes, the disagreements, were what made this fun. I like hearing different points of view, and have even had my mind changed by some of these discussions.

As for the derogatory name calling, I don't like that either. But this board isn't about what I like or don't like. I think things may have changed since I first joined. When I first joined, Mods and Admin were on here using the foulest language, belittling people and hurling personal insults at them. I was, like, hmmmm. I think they may have toned that down a little? That's not really my style, but I do like to argue, and if someone starts insulting me personally, I will return the favor. :evil:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back