Negative Reputation

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
I am still in the process of learning features of this board. If anyone received negative reputation from me, please let me know and I will rectify it. I do not think anyone on this forum has pissed me off to the degree to warrant negative reputation from me.

I am still in the process of learning features of this board. If anyone received negative reputation from me, please let me know and I will rectify it. I do not think anyone on this forum has pissed me off to the degree to warrant negative reputation from me.

At this point, your rep power is 29. If you give someone a positive rep, they get 29 points. If you give them a negative rep, they lose 15 points. I don't think anyone is going to care much if you neg rep them now, although some people might get incensed just at the idea of it. When you have more rep power, then they will care.

Esmeralda,

Thanks for explaining to me yet another intricacy of the reputation feature. I am glad the potential for harm is negligible at this stage. I just felt bad about giving negative reputation to someone inadvertently.

Esmeralda,

Thanks for explaining to me yet another intricacy of the reputation feature. I am glad the potential for harm is negligible at this stage. I just felt bad about giving negative reputation to someone inadvertently.

How about I +rep you just because I'm welcoming you to the Board and you seem like a courteous sorta person..:thup:

I was just searching my own posts about this very thang ~

I NEG'ed someone, and I want to take it back,
but I didn't see the post I made, where I said that I SO disagreed,

and so I wasn't able to .. + rep them, to offset the neg ...

It's a lesson, I suppose, for us/US
(we ARE our country)

about how wrong we can be,
and how stupid we can sound to others.

BUT,
if whoever it was will PM me?
I'll take it back, and say "My bad."

It's also good to know that you cannot rep the same poster every five minutes.

You have to spread the reps around - I think you have to rep 10 other posters before you can rep the first person again, and also once in every 48 hours is the max for neg repping any one poster.

A 18 pt neg does not create even a tiny hole in THE FORCE Luke Skywalker.

Close your eyes and feel the force..and remember that Vader is YOUR FATHER.... !!!!

It's also good to know that you cannot rep the same poster every five minutes.

You have to spread the reps around - I think you have to rep 10 other posters before you can rep the first person again, and also once in every 48 hours is the max for neg repping any one poster.

I'm thinkin every 13th you can re-rep the same member + or -

Neg reps are for punks. If you've got a problem with someone just confront them and don't be a pussy!

I disagree - I generally only neg rep people for spamming, off-topic abuse and habits that I think are kind of "anti-social behaviour" on a forum, where confronting them serves no purpose.

It does seem most people use neg reps simply to disagree with comments or to defend their own embarrassment, which I find incredibly childish.

I don't get the idea of automatically neg repping back to every neg rep received, either. Sometimes people should just man up and accept that they were spamming or whatever, and accept the consequences.

Last edited:
I think I have neg'd twice. Once because I was not expecting one and it was a knee jerk reaction...the other time was our local Tranny Hater that makes me bugshit...and that was just to blow off some steam cuz he is ridiculous.

I think I have neg'd twice. Once because I was not expecting one and it was a knee jerk reaction...the other time was our local Tranny Hater that makes me bugshit...and that was just to blow off some steam cuz he is ridiculous.

LOL One time I positive rep'd someone I meant to negative rep. :redface: I've pretty much given up on neg reps. I can't stand meatball, but he's right, it's kinda childish.

Neg reps are for punks. If you've got a problem with someone just confront them and don't be a pussy!

I disagree - I generally only neg rep people for spamming, off-topic abuse and habits that I think are kind of "anti-social behaviour" on a forum, where confronting them serves no purpose.

It does seem most people use neg reps simply to disagree with comments or to defend their own embarrassment, which I find incredibly childish.

I don't get the idea of automatically neg repping back to every neg rep received, either. Sometimes people should just man up and accept that they were spamming or whatever, and accept the consequences.

In other words, you like to neg rep people because you are a whiny little bitch and a pretentious douchebag who can't stand being called on it, but you don't want anyone to neg rep you, 'cause, well, you're just 'right' all the time! :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back