Negative reactions to Obama's election in Israel

ekrem

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2005
Knesset Member Danny Danon was one of the first to express his disappointment with the election results, saying that Obama cannot be trusted. "The State of Israel will not surrender to Obama. We have no one to rely on but ourselves," he argued.

Another Likud lawmaker said that "Obama is not good for Israel and we're concerned that he will try to pressure Israel into making concessions because of his chilly relationship with Netanyahu."

According to a senior Likud official, the Prime Minister's Office was alarmed by the negative reactions to Obama's re-election, which could intensify the cold relationship between the two leaders – and therefore decided to begin damage control and prevent uncoordinated responses.

PM to ministers: Don't talk about Obama - Israel News, Ynetnews

Comments by former Israeli PM on relation between Obama and Netanyahu.
Jewish media is abuzz, too, about a Wednesday speech by former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert in which he claimed that Netanyahu had interjected himself into the U.S. election by trying to undermine the incumbent president. Multiple Jewish media outlets reported Olmert said Netanyahu got involved in part to satisfy Sheldon Adelson, who donated close to $100 million this year toward defeating Obama and electing Republicans to Congress, according to insiders involved in the process.

The Jerusalem Post reported Olmert said that "Netanyahu's behavior in recent months brings up the question if Netanyahu has a friend in the White House, and I'm not sure."

"This represents a significant breach of the basic rules governing ties between nations, made worse by the fact that these are allies like Israel and the United States," Olmert said in the same speech to Jewish leaders in New York, according to another leading Jewish newspaper, Haaretz.
Netanyahu's relations with Obama emerge as hot political topic in Israel - CNN.com

Netanyahu interfered in Obama's re-election campaign, Obama declared that as "noise" to be ignored.
Obama later said pointedly that he would ignore the "noise that's out there" on the Iran issue.

Obama's aides were furious that Netanyahu was trying to put pressure on the president in the midst of the election campaign and refused to budge on the red-line issue, despite the risk of alienating pro-Israel voters in election battleground states like Florida and Ohio.
Obama, Netanyahu seek to get past Iran differences | Reuters

He should steal the public's money and use force to settle personal vendettas?

“We do not interfere [in the US elections],” Likud firebrand Danny Danon told the right-wing Arutz Sheva this evening (Israel-time), and then continued:
“Now we can say that President Obama was not good for Israel. We should not be hypocrites and say that everyone is good. Obama greatly supported Islam and he will pay a very heavy price; he lost sympathy in the Jewish street and in Israel, and also many Christians are disappointed in him.”
The Times of Israel

That's just like Teaparty rhetoric.
There's early election in Israel in January 2013.
Israeli public seems concerned what Obama-Netanyahu relationship means for USA-Israel relations.
If that concern doesn't suffice to motivate Israelis to vote these rightwingers out of government in January then maybe Obama should return the favour and interfere in Israeli elections just like Netanyahu did in USA?
I think there are more moderate voices in Israel and if I were Obama I would put these Netanyahu-Liebermann types into their place (meaning out of business).

I think Obama is terrible but who gives a fuck what Israel thinks?

Yes we have bigger problems closer to home..we are in the midst of a hostile communist take over we have no time for Israels histrionics and paranoia

You're in a timewarp.
Communism was yesterday's enemy and it's China who will become the next great world evil.
Don't you follow the noises coming out of Washington?

i think obama is terrible but who gives a fuck what israel thinks?

yes we have bigger problems closer to home..we are in the midst of a hostile communist take over we have no time for israels histrionics and paranoia

you're in a timewarp.
Communism was yesterday's enemy and it's china who will become the next great world evil.
Don't you follow the noises coming out of washington?
why indo, fred ??

Are you indian or native yank

or what?

Forum List

Back