Nebraska lawmakers pass permitless concealed carry gun bill

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska lawmakers passed a bill Wednesday to allow people to carry concealed guns in the state without a permit, just as national attention has ramped up over gun violence in the wake of several mass shootings, including the killing last month of six people at a Tennessee school.

Despite opponents filibustering the bill for 14 hours over three rounds of debate this session, lawmakers voted 33-14 to pass the so-called constitutional carry bill.

Progress

Calling it "constitutional carry" like all the other states have done, acknowledges their restrictions are UNconstitutional. They admit it to our faces.

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska lawmakers passed a bill Wednesday to allow people to carry concealed guns in the state without a permit, just as national attention has ramped up over gun violence in the wake of several mass shootings, including the killing last month of six people at a Tennessee school.

Despite opponents filibustering the bill for 14 hours over three rounds of debate this session, lawmakers voted 33-14 to pass the so-called constitutional carry bill.

Progress
This was an error, just as it was an error in Tennessee.

This was an error, just as it was an error in Tennessee.

In Nevada if you want to carry you have to attend an eight hour class in order to get your permit. It's good for four years. When you renew you have to attend a four hour class. Both classes cover the law, inform you of when and how you can use force, and train you in actually shooting the firearm. I don't consider this to be an unreasonable requirement. That said, if certain states want to allow anyone to carry without a permit I'm fine with that too if that's what those people want.

In Nevada if you want to carry you have to attend an eight hour class in order to get your permit. It's good for four years. When you renew you have to attend a four hour class. Both classes cover the law, inform you of when and how you can use force, and train you in actually shooting the firearm. I don't consider this to be an unreasonable requirement. That said, if certain states want to allow anyone to carry without a permit I'm fine with that too if that's what those people want.
I do not approve, but none of my business in other states, just an opinion.
My class was 8 hours, a morning and afternoon, included a written test over laws and safety aspect, ending with graded range qualification, each individual qualifying in front of an individual grader. This was particularly good for the few in the class, actually relatively unaccustomed to weapons handling beforehand. The course was approved by the state, established save minimal standard for carriers. It was not expensive. It was relatively thorough, even by my standards as a weapons trainer. It is the way to go, in my opinion.

My class was 8 hours, a morning and afternoon, included a written test over laws and safety aspect, ending with graded range qualification, each individual qualifying in front of an individual grader. This was particularly good for the few in the class, actually relatively unaccustomed to weapons handling beforehand. The course was approved by the state, established save minimal standard for carriers. It was not expensive. It was relatively thorough, even by my standards as a weapons trainer. It is the way to go, in my opinion.

I agree. I see nothing burdensome about that at all given the responsibility you're carrying around. People are quick to point out the "shall not be infringed" part of the Second Amendment, but seem to "forget" about the "well-regulated" part.

By the way, my permit was for 8 years in Tennessee (applicable and recognized in 30+ states) and there is no retest required at time of renewal.

By the way, my permit was for 8 years in Tennessee (applicable and recognized in 30+ states) and there is no retest required at time of renewal.

We have to renew every four and I don't mind. Again, I don't feel a four hour class once every fours years is a big deal. It's a nice refresher. Plus, my brother is a cop, so he knows certified firearms instructors and he'll just get one to come to his house and I'll do it there in like an hour or hour and a half.

Thats how the Texas CHL was as well. Its changed to do what you want, whatever...

We have to renew every four and I don't mind. Again, I don't feel a four hour class once every fours years is a big deal. It's a nice refresher. Plus, my brother is a cop, so he knows certified firearms instructors and he'll just get one to come to his house and I'll do it there in like an hour or hour and a half.
That's good. Do you make frequent range time, during the year? We all should.
8 year is probably less expensive on renewals, but got to admit, a lot of TN reg & law has changed since I got mine, so required refresher might not be a bad idea, certainly nothing I would take as and imposition.

Ours doesn't require a retest now, but it used to. I re-newed mine because it allows me access to the little law binder they have so I can refresh on the law, and frankly its another legal piece of ID.

Does anyone believe that someone concealed carrying a gun should not have a background check?

Does anyone believe someone carrying a gun in public should not be trained in how to use it and when it is proper to use a gun and when it is not?

Does anyone believe that someone concealed carrying a gun should not have a background check?

Does anyone believe someone carrying a gun in public should not be trained in how to use it and when it is proper to use a gun and when it is not?
Awww are you going to cry now?

I dont think its any of your business whether they do or dont.
Its his business if Cletus gets insulted and starts blasting someone for stealing his parking space, but misses and hits rightwinger instead.

Its his business if Cletus gets insulted and starts blasting someone for stealing his parking space, but misses and hits rightwinger instead.
People miss that have training.

Forum List

Back