Nebraska lawmakers pass permitless concealed carry gun bill

That means more states than not are now Constitutional Carry. It's sweeping the nation! :woohoo:
Green and pink. Add NE.

1280px-Concealed_carry_across_USA_by_county.svg.png

WTF?

The same as it does now.
No. Does the phrase "I am Gay" still mean the same now as it did then?

If you say so, you're a liar. "well-regulated" had a different meaning back then as well.

It meant people with guns ready to go back then.

If you say so, you're a liar. "well-regulated" had a different meaning back then as well.
It meant people with guns ready to go back then.
"Well regulated" modifies Militia.
The right to keep and bear arms is not linked to a person's relationship to the militia.
So, whatever 'well regulated' means, it is irrelevant to the right to keep and bear arms as protected by the 2nd.

"Well regulated" modifies Militia.
The right to keep and bear arms is not linked to a person's relationship to the militia.
So, whatever 'well regulated' means, it is irrelevant to the right to keep and bear arms as protected by the 2nd.
I am seeing more and more people open carrying in my area. Many of us conceale carry because of nervous gunophobes but it appears quite a few are tired of that.

I'll stick to conceal carry though.

I am seeing more and more people open carrying in my area. Many of us conceale carry because of nervous gunophobes but it appears quite a few are tired of that.

I'll stick to conceal carry though.
Not just to avoid scaring the straights, but much better tactical decision to not let the potential enemy see your equipment, firepower and preparedness until their last moment.

Not just to avoid scaring the straights, but much better tactical decision to not let the potential enemy see your equipment, firepower and preparedness until their last moment.
OC is more ok in rural areas for snakes and animals, but thats kind of where its always been. IN suburban/urban yea we're in total agreement there.

In that context I have only seen one OC that wasn't PoPo. They had an Uncle Mike's Holster, floppy belt and were a complete oblivious moron.

Why is it an error?
I have been around weapons all my life, civilian and military and civilian again. I believe in training, qualifiction, regulations of who carries on the street and around me. Some people are not cut out for it and rights have responsibilities. Everybody no matter who, without regard, carrying unknown concealed or open is a bad idea, without some standardized training is a bad idea. Carrying long guns on the street is a bad idea, more toward intimidation, than self protection, and a bad move for the safety of others, as the cops are not there when you need them, but only investigating after the bullets fly from the guns of the undisciplined and untrained.

I have been around weapons all my life, civilian and military and civilian again. I believe in training, qualifiction, regulations of who carries on the street and around me. Some people are not cut out for it and rights have responsibilities. Everybody no matter who, without regard, carrying unknown concealed or open is a bad idea, without some standardized training is a bad idea. Carrying long guns on the street is a bad idea, more toward intimidation, than self protection, and a bad move for the safety of others, as the cops are not there when you need them, but only investigating after the bullets fly from the guns of the undisciplined and untrained.
No one disagrees people should have training for their exercise of their right to keep and bear arms.

The disagreement comes when this training becomes a legal requirement for said exercise.

I agree with your point. That's why I believe that the Federal government should fund training classes for gun owners.

I agree with your point. That's why I believe that the Federal government should fund training classes for gun owners.
I do too, as a matter of fact. I would have no problem with some of my tax dollars directed toward that, beneficial to anyone wanting to carry, as well as the non-weapons carrying public, because properly trained weapons carriers are safer around the general population (and each other), and their training and regulation serves the public good. But, I bet some anti-gun at all cost folks would have a sh#t-hemmorage.

I do too, as a matter of fact. I would have no problem with some of my tax dollars directed toward that, beneficial to anyone wanting to carry, as well as the non-weapons carrying public, because properly trained weapons carriers are safer around the general population (and each other), and their training and regulation serves the public good. But, I bet some anti-gun at all cost folks would have a sh#t-hemmorage.
I also think that groups like Every Town For Gun Safety and The Gifford's Law Center should take some of their millions and put it towards funding firearm training.

You're right about the anti-gunners poo-poo'ing both ideas. They're only interested in banning guns. Saving lives is just a catch phrase.

I also think that groups like Every Town For Gun Safety and The Gifford's Law Center should take some of their millions and put it towards funding firearm training.

You're right about the anti-gunners poo-poo'ing both ideas. They're only interested in banning guns. Saving lives is just a catch phrase.
The NRA used to be big on gun training and safety, now just a mouthpiece for the gun manufacturers.

Forum List

Back