""Nearly 100 Republican and independent leaders will endorse Democrat Joe Biden for president today..."

Yup.

Republicans are finally waking up and growing a pair.

Exclusive: Biden garners more Republican endorsements, this time from ex-governors
"(Reuters) - Nearly 100 Republican and independent leaders will endorse Democrat Joe Biden for president on Thursday, including one-time 2020 Republican presidential candidate Bill Weld and the former Republican governors of Michigan and New Jersey, people involved in the effort told Reuters.

Called ‘Republicans and Independents for Biden’, the group is headed by Christine Todd Whitman, a former Republican governor of New Jersey who has become one of Trump’s fiercest critics and who spoke at the recent Democratic National Convention in support of Biden.""""""

You mean the neo-Cons who are against all social services?
I'm glad to know you've become a neo-Conservative besides being stupid beyond all belief.
And please don't hand me the bullshit that you would prefer Ted Cruz over Donald Trump.

By the aircraft landing skills of John McCain! Why do these other RINOS show up who agreed with the same things Trump has pushed when they were active in politics? They are not for the people and their numbers are endless.
The RINO Neocons and Never Trumpers will have no impact on the November 3rd Election like they had no impact on the 2016 Election.

I don't see any Republican 'leaders" mentioned. All I see are a few Rinos like Whitman., who moronically claims she is voted for Green Deal Biden because Trump has "betrayed conservative values".

Another Blainey thread fail. :iyfyus.jpg:
Really? Open your eyes and you shall see:\
Here are the prominent Republicans backing Biden :mm::mm::mm:
Nobody gives a flying fuck, Mr. Virtue Beacon.
But I will bet that YOU do or you would not be squealing over it :boo_hoo14:
You missed my earlier post, pointing out that these are the asswipes that drove me away from the GOP back in the '90s, numbnutz.

They're also the same people who made Trump possible.

They're also same people that twirps like you decried as "fascists" when they were running the show.

So, yes, nobody but sanctimonious shitburgers like you and the rest of your Marxist glee club, give one single micro-fuck about the Lincoln Project and its merry band of Bushbots.
You can wipe the spit off of your chin now, Wipe the pea soup off of the wall, take a deep breath and a chill pill and call me in the morning

I don't see any Republican 'leaders" mentioned. All I see are a few Rinos like Whitman., who moronically claims she is voted for Green Deal Biden because Trump has "betrayed conservative values".

Really? Open your eyes and you shall see:\
Here are the prominent Republicans backing Biden :mm::mm::mm:
Nobody gives a flying fuck, Mr. Virtue Beacon.
But I will bet that YOU do or you would not be squealing over it :boo_hoo14:
You missed my earlier post, pointing out that these are the asswipes that drove me away from the GOP back in the '90s, numbnutz.

They're also the same people who made Trump possible.

They're also same people that twirps like you decried as "fascists" when they were running the show.

So, yes, nobody but sanctimonious shitburgers like you and the rest of your Marxist glee club, give one single micro-fuck about the Lincoln Project and its merry band of Bushbots.
You can wipe the spit off of your chin now, Wipe the pea soup off of the wall, take a deep breath and a chill pill and call me in the morning
I'm calm as can be.....You getting BTFO with the facts doesn't make the person dealing the beating angry as a matter of course.

Yup.

Exclusive: Biden garners more Republican endorsements, this time from ex-governors
"(Reuters) - Nearly 100 Republican and independent leaders will endorse Democrat Joe Biden for president on Thursday, including one-time 2020 Republican presidential candidate Bill Weld and the former Republican governors of Michigan and New Jersey, people involved in the effort told Reuters.

Called ‘Republicans and Independents for Biden’, the group is headed by Christine Todd Whitman, a former Republican governor of New Jersey who has become one of Trump’s fiercest critics and who spoke at the recent Democratic National Convention in support of Biden.""""""

Half a million Democrats have walked away. So a mere hundred went commie as an end justifies a hasty means. The vast majority of Republicans worked hard for a lifetime of achievements great and small and support the Constitution as does President Trump. The Republican party supports rights for everyone regardless of race, creed, color and religion. It supports civil rights and the common defense, justice based on fact, and all that's uplifting to American citizens. It's a great party that is enthused by President Trump's many achievements in the face of people using Alinski's method of creating chaos to destroy Christianity, the Constitution, and Capitalism. The Republican party supports the three, all supporting the founders great ideals.

These are not the type of Republicans we want in the party anyway. These are not Conservatives. They’re not even Moderates. These are the same Liberal scum that inhabit The Democrat Party.

How do I know that? I live in New England. I’ve seen this type of gutless, spineless waste of flesh and oxygen claiming to be Republicans for more than 4 decades.

They have not and were never going to support Trump. There’s really nothing to see here.

It'll be interesting to see if a bunch of Republicans end up on TV ads as we get closer.

Here's hoping. They want to save the party.

Exactly. They can see it's turning into a fascist organization with Trump as a Mussolini-wannabe.

No, what they see happening is power being taken away from THEM, and given back to the people. The political class elitist swine hate it when they lose power.
Yeah lets give power to Qanon and white supremacists and the scumbags in Republican senate

These are not the type of Republicans we want in the party anyway. These are not Conservatives. They’re not even Moderates. These are the same Liberal scum that inhabit The Democrat Party.

How do I know that? I live in New England. I’ve seen this type of gutless, spineless waste of flesh and oxygen claiming to be Republicans for more than 4 decades.

They have not and were never going to support Trump. There’s really nothing to see here.
YEAH what we want are ass kissing putin republicans running this country........like you

YEAH what we want are ass kissing putin republicans

Outrageous!!

Only Dems should be allowed to kiss Putin ass, eh comrade?
Maybe Putin could do us a favor and slip a little surprise into trumps drink FN murderer and trump keeps quiet?? Bounties and planes invading our air space and trump can't get his head out of trumps ass? Info where we know russia fn with our election and our pos repubs say nothing??

YEAH what we want are ass kissing putin republicans

Outrageous!!

Only Dems should be allowed to kiss Putin ass, eh comrade?
Maybe Putin could do us a favor and slip a little surprise into trumps drink FN murderer and trump keeps quiet?? Bounties and planes invading our air space and trump can't get his head out of trumps ass? Info where we know russia fn with our election and our pos repubs say nothing??

I know, Putin never murdered anyone before 2017, that's why Obama was so flexible, eh comrade?

YEAH what we want are ass kissing putin republicans running this country........like you

Your way has FAILED. Representative Democracy/the Democratic Republic has proven that there are too many uneducated, uninformed, uninvolved and uninvested people in Society to allow The People to make decisions of any scale.

The vast majority don’t understand that voting is a TEST, not a choice. It’s Right or Wrong not A or B.

That’s why we need to move on to a Constitutional Meritocracy where Rights are replaced with privileges and the Government exists only to enforce the Constitution, not interpret it.

You really should learn how to use the internet for something besides this board.
Need help getting that foot out of your mouth????

"""Here are some of the high-profile Republicans who have endorsed Biden:
Former Ohio Gov. John Kasich
Kasich, who served for eight years as Ohio's governor and was a candidate for the GOP nomination in 2016, has turned into a prominent voice of the party's "Never Trump" movement. Among the Republicans featured at the Democratic convention, he was given the longest amount of speaking time, using the moment to call on fellow Republicans to vote for Biden.

Former New Jersey Republican Gov. Christine Todd Whitman
Whitman served as New Jersey's governor before being tapped by President George W. Bush in 2001 to head the Environmental Protection Agency. Speaking briefly during the convention on Monday, she said the election "isn't about a Republican or Democrat. It's about a person: a person decent enough, stable enough, strong enough to get our economy back on track; a person who can work with everyone, Democrats and Republicans, to get things done."
"Donald Trump isn't that person; Joe Biden is," Whitman said.

Former Hewlett Packard CEO Meg Whitman
Whitman unsuccessfully ran for governor as a Republican in California in 2010, but backed Hillary Clinton's presidential bid in 2016.
"I'm a longtime Republican and a longtime CEO," Whitman, who is the current CEO of Quibi, said during the convention. "And let me tell you, Donald Trump has no clue how to run a business, let alone an economy."

Former New York Republican Rep. Susan Molinari
Molinari, who represented New York from 1990 to 1997 before resigning her seat for a career in journalism, also spoke briefly during the convention on Monday, saying Biden is "exactly what this nation needs at this time."

Former senior Trump administration official Miles Taylor
Taylor, who served as chief of staff to Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, became one of the highest-ranking former Trump administration officials to endorse Biden when he made a surprise announcement Monday afternoon in support of the former vice president.
"Given what I have experienced in the administration, I have to support Joe Biden for president and even though I am not a Democrat, even though I disagree on key issues, I'm confident that Joe Biden will protect the country and I'm confident that he won't make the same mistakes as this President," Taylor said in a video produced by the group Republican Voters Against Trump in which he also made several allegations about Trump's conduct.

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell
Powell, a longtime Republican who served as secretary of state under Bush, told CNN in June that he'll vote for Biden in the 2020 presidential election.
"I certainly cannot in any way support President Trump this year," Powell said, adding that he couldn't bring himself to vote for Trump four years ago either.
Powell endorsed former President Barack Obama in the 2008 election.

The Lincoln Project
The anti-Trump group is led by several high-profile Republicans, including John Weaver, Rick Wilson, Reed Galen and George Conway, the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway.
The group has endorsed Biden and is primarily known for a series of ads that attack Trump on a number of fronts. The President has labeled the group the "Losers Project" and called its founders Republicans in name only.

Former Pennsylvania Rep. Charlie Dent
Dent, who resigned from the House in 2018, served as chairman of the House Ethics Committee from 2015 until 2016 and chairman of the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies from 2015 until 2018.
In a CNN Op-Ed published Wednesday, Dent torches Trump as an "illiberal populist and nativist whose chaotic approach and managerial malfeasance have undermined the functioning of government."
Americans, Dent wrote, "are exhausted by the never-ending chaos and daily drama emanating from the White House. They just want stability."

Former Nebraska Sen. Chuck Hagel
Hagel was a Republican senator from Nebraska before he was tapped by former President Barack Obama to serve as his defense secretary.
Hagel endorsed Biden for president in an interview with CNN in March, and appeared in a video during the second night of the convention alongside other national security experts touting Biden's foreign policy experience.

US veteran Edward Good
World War II and Korean War veteran Edward Good, 95, denounced Trump and called on the country to vote for Biden.
"I have been a Republican since the 1960s. I'm a member of the NRA, and I voted for Trump," Good said in a video message played on the final night of the Democratic National Convention. "I think Trump has been the worst president we've ever had. So I'll be glad to see him go."
Good said that "Biden will be a great leader for the United States."
"Like me, on the day of my jump into Germany, I think Joe Biden cares about doing his proper duty for the United States. And if elected, that's what he would do," he added.

Former Defense Secretary William Cohen
Cohen represented Maine in both the US Senate and House of Representatives as a Republican before serving as secretary of defense during the final years of the Clinton administration.
Cohen announced his support for Biden in a statement in which he blamed the US' coronavirus death toll on "poor management and failed leadership."
"I'm voting for Joe Biden because our democracy is at stake," he said in the announcement. "We are in serious need of a leader with optimism and competence who gives us hope. Joe Biden is that leader."

Former Republican national security officials for Biden
More than 70 former national security officials from multiple Republican administrations along with former Republican members of Congress announced their endorsement the day Biden officially accepted the Democratic nomination.
The group, Former Republican National Security Officials for Biden, includes former NSA and CIA Director Gen. Michael Hayden, former Deputy Secretary of State and Director of National Intelligence Amb. John Negroponte, former CIA and FBI Director William Webster, and former Department of Homeland Security chief of staff under President Trump, Miles Taylor.
They penned a 10-point letter explaining the rationale behind their endorsement, saying Trump has "gravely damaged America's role as a world leader," "shown he is unfit to lead during a national crisis," and "solicited foreign influence and undermined confidence in our presidential elections."

'Republicans for Biden'
On the first day of the Republican National Convention, more than 20 former Republican lawmakers announced they were supporting the former vice president. Along with Dent and Molinari, former Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake announced his support, along with the following former office-holders:
  • New Hampshire Sen. Gordon Humphrey
  • Virginia Sen. John Warner
  • Texas Rep. Steve Bartlett
  • Pennsylvania Rep. Bill Clinger
  • Missouri Rep. Tom Coleman
  • Hawaii Rep. Charles Djou
  • Oklahoma Rep. Mickey Edwards
  • Maryland Rep. Wayne Gilchrest
  • Pennsylvania Rep. Jim Greenwood
  • South Carolina Rep. Bob Inglis
  • Arizona Rep. Jim Kolbe
  • California Rep. Steve Kuykendall
  • Illinois Rep. Ray LaHood
  • Iowa Rep. Jim Leach
  • Maryland Rep. Connie Morella
  • Mississippi Rep. Mike Parker
  • New York Rep. Jack Quinn
  • Rhode Island Rep. Claudine Schneider
  • Connecticut Rep. Christopher Shays
  • Vermont Rep. Peter Smith
  • Texas Rep. Alan Steelman
  • New York Rep. Jim Walsh
  • Virginia Rep. Bill Whitehurst
  • New Jersey Rep. Dick Zimmer
43 Alumni for Biden
Launched in July by former George W. Bush administration and campaign officials, the super PAC includes more than 225 administration officials and at least 152 alumni who are backing Biden. Former Secretary of Commerce Carlos Gutierrez will serve as the group's national chairman and former Secretary of Agriculture Ann Veneman is also among those who publicly announced support for Biden.
Romney 4 Biden
More than 30 former staff members and state directors from Utah Sen. Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential campaign are supporting Biden.
"With over 175,000 Americans dead from COVID-19, tens of millions unemployed, and 80 percent of voters convinced that the U.S. is heading in the wrong direction, we desperately need a president that's laser focused on putting the nation's needs ahead of his own," the group said in a statement, noting that some of them voted for Trump and others never supported the President.
Former Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder
Snyder, who was governor from 2011 to 2018, penned an op-ed in the Detroit Free Press endorsing Biden. He said he would continue supporting Republican candidates, just not Trump.
The former Republican governor wrote that Trump has not unified the country while Biden "has shown the desire to heal a deeply divided nation."
He also called the President a "bully" and said Trump "lacks a moral compass" and "ignores the truth," while arguing that Biden has "demonstrated strong moral character and empathy."

Here are the prominent Republicans backing Biden
CNN Profiles - Devan Cole - Breaking News Reporter, CNN Politics - CNN
Updated 7:28 AM ET, Thu September 3, 2020

Since when was John Kasich prominent ?

Yup.

Recall that for a significant number of Trump supporters the entire point of ‘Trump’ was to show their contempt and disdain for the ‘Republican establishment’ and ‘business as usual’ Washington politics.

That Republicans perceived to be members of the ‘establishment’ endorsing Biden only further reinforces Trump supporters’ unwarranted, wrongheaded contempt and disdain.

Yup.

Recall that for a significant number of Trump supporters the entire point of ‘Trump’ was to show their contempt and disdain for the ‘Republican establishment’ and ‘business as usual’ Washington politics.

That Republicans perceived to be members of the ‘establishment’ endorsing Biden only further reinforces Trump supporters’ unwarranted, wrongheaded contempt and disdain.

It was the smartest collective move the party has made in years, and spontaneous at that. Purging the party of those who are essentially Democrats, or aligned with them, has allowed the party to re-coalesce around American foundational thought and take an articulate stance against the Marxist bullshit shilled by the Democrats.

Forum List

Back