nc police want medical records...

It is only a felony if you get caught.

And? What do you propose to remove the entropy from the current health care system and enable health care practitioners to provide best practice medicine?

For starters, let's not hobble health care practitioners with this:

4974488861_81c40cc9b9_z.jpg

Lets just do aways with pesky liscences and beaurocratic overhead.

I am a Brain surgeon now.
My shingle is up.

Let the buyer beware.

Stupid non sequitur.

Utter lack of standards and totalitarian government control are not the only two options.

the National Database is for the patient's and Doctor's use, not the Police.....

there is a big difference....Doctors can't arrest you, take away your freedom, and put you away.

Ya, just like when Social Security was passed and the law said NO ONE but the Government could use the number for ID. Now everybody wants it for every transaction of any importance.

Once you give the Government power they always want MORE.

Social Security cards used to have "Not For Identification" right on the front

They are the only options to many.
Binary thought processes enable this attitide.

Piffle and tosh.

That is a typical liberal elitist attitude that demeans "the little people" - and is used to justify expanding government power.

Last edited:
frank you can be more annoying than snooki...

can you do that xox w/o the patient knowing?

do what? Drug test them?

They know that I'm testing them since they are conscious when they pee into the cup and sign the form.

It's part of our drug prescribing policy. They can refuse to submit a specimen, and I can refuse to give them a script.

lol he is...but hes my cyber doctor.....

i saw where they are thinking of using 'srooms' in a medical way

i cant believe you make your patients submit to a drug test.....i always told my doctor i just wanted to test his drugs

i cant believe you make your patients submit to a drug test.....i always told my doctor i just wanted to test his drugs

I don't like prescribing any of that shit...it's like leaving milk out for a stray cat...you can never get rid of them.

If I was unable to prescribe controlled substances, I would jump for joy.

It's great when someone comes axeing for suboxone...and I say "I can't legally prescribe that".

What's the difference between him getting the records or the federal government establishing a national database for all medical records?

There is no national database of medical records.

This is what happens when we have a government that has no respect for founding principles of limited, Constitutionally directed government and uses the Commerce Clause and Taxation power to pass any and all legislation, no matter how Unconstitutional or invasive.

The entire reason Fourth Amendment protections can even be extended to limit the authority of local government officials like these sheriffs is due to a legal doctrine invented by the courts early in the twentieth century. The Constitution + Bill of Rights as originally written wouldn't protect you from what's happening in the OP; it took the Fourteenth Amendment (i.e. limits on state power) and a legal doctrine imposed by the courts.

For starters, let's not hobble health care practitioners with this:

4974488861_81c40cc9b9_z.jpg

Hobbling them with silly graphics is indeed undesirable.

So how come Progressives don't have a problem with the Federal Gubbamint getting the exact same information?

the federal government can not use your medical records against you....they can not use them at all, other than on a non name basis to gather information regarding procedures or medications used for illnesses to determine best practices....which is already being done now.

Do you really think that? I really thought you were smarter than that care.

i don't just think it, i know it! :tongue:

Yeah right. Your GP is the first responder and ER doc and is everywhere at once. He'll treat you for everything from cancer to open heart surgery. Are you really this naive?

Does the government do all those things for you?

No, but no one else has stepped up to the plate to provide secure electronic medical records either, so every time I have to go to a different doctor for something, I go through the whole dance of filling out new forms, answering the same questions over and over, and having the same tests done. That's what you call entropy.

Now with access to universal electronic medical records, doctor B doesn't have to waste either of our time keeping the same information that I just gave to doctor A.

Besides, I would rather have EMRs handled by government rather than a for profit corporation. At least with the Federal Government, I can hold them accountable if someone violates privacy law.

So because of the one in a million chance that someone has some medical condition and does not wear a bracelet to identify that condition to first responders, we ALL must surrender our medical privacy to the government?

Sheriffs in North Carolina want access to state computer records identifying anyone with prescriptions for powerful painkillers and other controlled substances.

The state sheriff's association pushed the idea Tuesday, saying the move would help them make drug arrests and curb a growing problem of prescription drug abuse.

Well this might be a good idea if implemented properly. I suggest we Americans should have access to all government employees medical records from Obama on down the food chain to include these officers and the State Controller.

The American citizens need to push this idea, so we can identify and curb prescription drug use among government employees, who might compromise our private information by seeking access to our records.

Have we gone fucking nuts here?? We are the ones who should be doing the asking for christs sake!!:eek:

The State of Maine plans on doing that with medical marijuana.

Face it, most cops are control freaks.

ghestapo anyone!!
small government my ass, the rightwing wants total SS type control of our lives. They want small social programs and giant police state enforcement of redneck moral bullshit.

Perhaps this sheriff ought to go back to cop school, for a remedial due process class. If he needs to see medical records, all he has to do is swear out a warrant, stating probable cause, and have a judge sign it.

What's the difference between him getting the records or the federal government establishing a national database for all medical records?

The purpose is the big difference.

Forum List

Back