nc police want medical records...

See what happens when you have a "Living breathing" Constitution?

Yeah, South Carolina spits on it. I hadn't noticed that the Supreme Court ruled on this boneheaded sheriff's request, though, so wonder why you made that statement that makes no sense?

If you weren't such a fucking retard I might answer you directly. But, here's my answer, find someone to read it to you.

This is what happens when we have a government that has no respect for founding principles of limited, Constitutionally directed government and uses the Commerce Clause and Taxation power to pass any and all legislation, no matter how Unconstitutional or invasive.

This bad law is not a Federal law. They do not have to use any commerce clause or taxation power to pass any of this. It is a state law.

the National Database is for the patient's and Doctor's use, not the Police.....

there is a big difference....Doctors can't arrest you, take away your freedom, and put you away.

Ya, just like when Social Security was passed and the law said NO ONE but the Government could use the number for ID. Now everybody wants it for every transaction of any importance.

Once you give the Government power they always want MORE.

Yeah, South Carolina spits on it. I hadn't noticed that the Supreme Court ruled on this boneheaded sheriff's request, though, so wonder why you made that statement that makes no sense?

If you weren't such a fucking retard I might answer you directly. But, here's my answer, find someone to read it to you.

This is what happens when we have a government that has no respect for founding principles of limited, Constitutionally directed government and uses the Commerce Clause and Taxation power to pass any and all legislation, no matter how Unconstitutional or invasive.

This bad law is not a Federal law. They do not have to use any commerce clause or taxation power to pass any of this. It is a state law.

ObamaCare IS bad law and it's federal law!

I miss the point?

Seriously?

My doctor, not the government provides the service

Yeah right. Your GP is the first responder and ER doc and is everywhere at once. He'll treat you for everything from cancer to open heart surgery. Are you really this naive?

Does the government do all those things for you?

No, but no one else has stepped up to the plate to provide secure electronic medical records either, so every time I have to go to a different doctor for something, I go through the whole dance of filling out new forms, answering the same questions over and over, and having the same tests done. That's what you call entropy.

Now with access to universal electronic medical records, doctor B doesn't have to waste either of our time keeping the same information that I just gave to doctor A.

Besides, I would rather have EMRs handled by government rather than a for profit corporation. At least with the Federal Government, I can hold them accountable if someone violates privacy law.

So how come Progressives don't have a problem with the Federal Gubbamint getting the exact same information?

the federal government can not use your medical records against you....they can not use them at all, other than on a non name basis to gather information regarding procedures or medications used for illnesses to determine best practices....which is already being done now.

So they need my medical records for my own good?

Are they going to tell me I should be on different medication? That I need to drop a few pounds?

The information these health committees have access to, do NOT have your name Frank....so they can't tell you individually anything....they are out there now....they get this information now, from the health care providers and they do determine best practices from this information now....ie, recommended colonoscopy at 50 yrs old, recommended mammogram at 40 or 50 etc....this is being done.....and has been done, long before this health care bill....no one's name is connected with the gathered info.

So how come Progressives don't have a problem with the Federal Gubbamint getting the exact same information?

the federal government can not use your medical records against you....they can not use them at all, other than on a non name basis to gather information regarding procedures or medications used for illnesses to determine best practices....which is already being done now.

Do you really think that? I really thought you were smarter than that care.

This is an excellent cautionary example of why the ObamaCare health care record program is a huge Moral Hazard for the government. Aggregated medical records will be a constant temptation to law enforcement and meddlers to see if there is anything they can use.

No thank you.

This is an excellent cautionary example of why the ObamaCare health care record program is a huge Moral Hazard for the government. Aggregated medical records will be a constant temptation to law enforcement and meddlers to see if there is anything they can use.

No thank you.

Current law makes that a felony, as I'm sure any future law would.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
the National Database is for the patient's and Doctor's use, not the Police.....

there is a big difference....Doctors can't arrest you, take away your freedom, and put you away.

Ya, just like when Social Security was passed and the law said NO ONE but the Government could use the number for ID. Now everybody wants it for every transaction of any importance.

Once you give the Government power they always want MORE.

The card used to state long ago "not for identification" stamped right on it.
But it never was the law. They did that because the damn things are so easy to counterfeit. The National Intelligence Act in 2004 made it law and the IRS has code with declerations in it but the initial act never mentioned anything other than for tax collecting and benefits.

Wasn't the current medical records laws the result of a bill titled something about protecting patient privacy?
And we all read and sign a patient rights sheet at the DR/Hosp.

lol lonestar gets slapped around so often

hippa laws....

there are a lot of ways medical records get out....or get see.....long nights in an er....why not check out the records....lawyers get records...they leave them in their files...you would be amazed who reads those

DR. Can have you put away (Baker Act). And at least in KY can have your Drivers liscence pulled.

Why do you think so many Doctors want into politics?

Forum List

Back