NBC's Chuck Todd: Our Poll Was Skewed...

They polled 25% liberals and 39% conservatives in that poll. Chuck Todd apparently doesn't know what the demographics of the electorate are.

Chuck Todd a liberal NBC guy, just said his poll was skewed and you want to argue? WOW, I think the term for you is sycophant

They polled 25% liberals and 39% conservatives in that poll. Chuck Todd apparently doesn't know what the demographics of the electorate are.

Chuck Todd a liberal NBC guy, just said his poll was skewed and you want to argue? WOW, I think the term for you is sycophant

You know Chuck Todd's politics? Explain how you know his political leanings.

And why would they be relevant in regards to whether he's right or wrong?

The 2008 exit polls showed that 23% liberals and 34% conservatives voted in the presidential election.

If anything that makes the WSJ very slightly skewed towards conservatives.

This post is way to funny.

Every other pollster has things lined up on each other.

NBC doesn't even bother to question why theirs is so far off from others (and it is).

They figure it out afterwards and announce they made a mistake.

And you are telling Chuck Todd how to run polls.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

You know Chuck Todd's politics? Explain how you know his political leanings.

And why would they be relevant in regards to whether he's right or wrong?

The 2008 exit polls showed that 23% liberals and 34% conservatives voted in the presidential election.

If anything that makes the WSJ very slightly skewed towards conservatives.

Yeah I do, he fits in nicely on NBC, how about LISTENING to him. I love how ignorant liberals are, I follow politics and have seen alot of folks speak (including Todd several, several times) and yes he is liberal (He says the media bias is because it's about New York and Washington, NO SHIT????, which are LIBERAL Cities), and that's his words not mine. Do you really want to argue this? i'm about to bust out my arrogant side just for you, because I love to rub it in :)

No, GE/NBC definitely isn't in the tank for Obama/Democrats. No way.

Last night, I noted how NBC News was swimming against historical trends in pushing a poll with a deeply partisan skew in its sample. The poll, produced in conjunction with The Wall Street Journal, had a D+11 sample, i.e. 46% of the sample identified as Democrat, 35% identified as Republican. In 2008, a very big year for Democrats, the electorate was D+7, 39% Democrat, 32% Republican. In fact, you have to go back nearly thirty years to find an election with such a partisan skew.

This morning, on MSNBC's Morning Joe, NBC political director Chuck Todd admitted their poll had a skewed sample (around 3:50 mark) and stated that, if this poll were weighted similarly to their last poll, the race would have been unchanged, instead of Obama extending his lead over Romney to 6 points. (Of course, this invites the question as to why they didn't use the same weighting in this sample.)

Credit to Mr. Todd, then. Of course, when he previewed the polls results on a local NBC affiliate yesterday, he didn't mention anything about the skewed sample. And, of course, his acknowledgement that the poll oversampled Democrats by a wide margin hasn't stopped him from opining about lots of other information "found" in the poll.

Note to Mr. Todd: a highly partisan skew doesn't just affect the head-to-head match up. It affects pretty much every other finding in the poll. Obama and Romney's likability? Who is better to handle particular issues? Every single "result" will be skewed due to the flawed sample used in the poll. There is simply almost no real information to be accurately "learned" from this poll...

Read More:
NBC's Chuck Todd: Our Poll Was Skewed

Which makes this different than Rasmussen, how?

When MSNBC sees a poll that isn't fair, they call them out and discredit it.

When Fox sees a heavily partisan poll, they embrace it such as with Rasmussen.

No, GE/NBC definitely isn't in the tank for Obama/Democrats. No way.

Last night, I noted how NBC News was swimming against historical trends in pushing a poll with a deeply partisan skew in its sample. The poll, produced in conjunction with The Wall Street Journal, had a D+11 sample, i.e. 46% of the sample identified as Democrat, 35% identified as Republican. In 2008, a very big year for Democrats, the electorate was D+7, 39% Democrat, 32% Republican. In fact, you have to go back nearly thirty years to find an election with such a partisan skew.

This morning, on MSNBC's Morning Joe, NBC political director Chuck Todd admitted their poll had a skewed sample (around 3:50 mark) and stated that, if this poll were weighted similarly to their last poll, the race would have been unchanged, instead of Obama extending his lead over Romney to 6 points. (Of course, this invites the question as to why they didn't use the same weighting in this sample.)

Credit to Mr. Todd, then. Of course, when he previewed the polls results on a local NBC affiliate yesterday, he didn't mention anything about the skewed sample. And, of course, his acknowledgement that the poll oversampled Democrats by a wide margin hasn't stopped him from opining about lots of other information "found" in the poll.

Note to Mr. Todd: a highly partisan skew doesn't just affect the head-to-head match up. It affects pretty much every other finding in the poll. Obama and Romney's likability? Who is better to handle particular issues? Every single "result" will be skewed due to the flawed sample used in the poll. There is simply almost no real information to be accurately "learned" from this poll...

Read More:
NBC's Chuck Todd: Our Poll Was Skewed

Well because MSNBC has polls that are biased, show a Fox poll that is? Hell Fox has had Obama higher than many other polls, but you dont really concern yourself with facts and truth. Just go to Real Clear Politics...they got em all there, again you wouldnt know about that, because your liberal teachers didnt teach you think for yourself.

You're just a soldier in the liberal, fascist, commie army, hey did you get the Obama song down pat yet?

GE/NBC is failing as badly as the Dear Leader's 'Jobs Czar' GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt has. They're a real mess.

Well because MSNBC has polls that are biased, show a Fox poll that is? Hell Fox has had Obama higher than many other polls, but you dont really concern yourself with facts and truth. Just go to Real Clear Politics...they got em all there, again you wouldnt know about that, because your liberal teachers didnt teach you think for yourself.

You're just a soldier in the liberal, fascist, commie army, hey did you get the Obama song down pat yet?

If you think liberals, fascists and commies are all the same, I don't think you've ever had a teacher in your life besides Beck and fox :cuckoo:

NBC doesn't even bother to question why theirs is so far off from others (and it is).

Try using your brain for a moment. Is a sampling of 25% liberals and 39% conservatives in poll out of whack?

If you think so, tell us why. Specifically.

NBC News claims to be non partisan.

They're recent history suggests otherwise. Manipulating the Zimmerman tape, manipulating a Romney soundbyte and now this? I would seriously question the credibility and political balance of NBC News.

The NBC/WSJ poll is done by Hart/McInturff, Hart is a Democratic pollster, McInturff is a Republican.

Try using your brain for a moment. Is a sampling of 25% liberals and 39% conservatives in poll out of whack?

If you think so, tell us why. Specifically.

I don't need to get into the specifics of how the polls are set up.

What is evident to me is that this polls is in conflict with just about everything else I was reading out there. I trust that pollsters know their business and that if there regular offsets it might be in who they poll or their methodologies. This one was a big shift (from what I understand) while nothing else was shifting. Larry O'butthead was just downright gleeful at the thought.

However, I don't expect anyone (on a national cable network) would run a halfassed poll without some checks, even if they are after the fact.

And that seems to be what happened here.

What is so funny is that they realized oooops. They came out and said something. They probably had a room full of people looking things over.

But you are going to tell them they are wrong.

Please give that room full of people a call and let them know you can solve their problems. I am sure they would be happy to hear from you.

Last edited:
So suddenly you people lost interest in this thread, because you were asked to show how it was skewed?

Typical.

The guy that ran the poll said it was, How stupid do you have to be?

Chuck Todd doesn't run the poll.

Is 25% liberals and 39% conservatives skewed? Tell us why.

Chuck Todd is the political director for NBC, YES he does run the poll, because he's the boss, which is why he came out, his underlings fucked up and got caught, so he had to come clean, see not every liberal is completely blinded by politics, some can say they did wrong and they fucked up.

The guy that ran the poll said it was, How stupid do you have to be?

Chuck Todd doesn't run the poll.

Is 25% liberals and 39% conservatives skewed? Tell us why.

Chuck Todd is the political director for NBC, YES he does run the poll, because he's the boss, which is why he came out, his underlings fucked up and got caught, so he had to come clean, see not every liberal is completely blinded by politics, some can say they did wrong and they fucked up.

You're wrong. Period. And Todd is wrong. That poll has a representative number of liberals and conservatives that is in no way out of line.

Since you won't even address the above fact, the argument is settled.

Forum List

Back