NBA Tonight

On the Laker front, Deangelo Russell had a less than spectacular debut. Randle had a decent game. Hibbert played pretty well.

They got hot after sitting an ice cold Kobe Bryant. Lou Williams and Shwagly P brought them from behind and Kobe was in the zone when he came back in the 2nd quarter. Got a big lead. But, they all fell flat in the 4th.

Wolves should have dominated that team, but were lucky to get the win.
I am so pissed off about that game. I did like Swaggy P's shot at the end of the first half. But I didn't like blowing a 16 point lead and having Russell play the way he did. That fucker needs a little Ivan Alverson in him, because this ain't practice!
You should be more upset with Kobe going 8 for 24. I thought he was going to let the kiddies shine this year?

My money is on Rose. That dude has the worst luck. He almost twisted his ankle against the Cavs the other day.
He reminds me of Samuel Jackson in that movie Breakable.
I shouldnt be laughing cause I love how he plays. He is pretty much the only player I have been wrong about going from college to the pros. I thought he was going to be a turnover machine and backup PG. I hate that he has had such bad luck after proving me wrong.

I shouldnt be laughing cause I love how he plays. He is pretty much the only player I have been wrong about going from college to the pros. I thought he was going to be a turnover machine and backup PG. I hate that he has had such bad luck after proving me wrong.
He's a point guard who doesn't pass the ball. But if you think Chicago has it bad, Oklahoma City has two point guards and neither one passes the ball.

There's just something about going 1 on 5...

Doubt it. You got CP3 and The Truth on that team. PP has a ring and commands respect. CP3 is the man. The only person I can see being an issue is Stephenson. I dont think he wants to make waves after he has been traded twice.
Paul Pierce is coming off the bench and does not look like he likes that role.

Granted they've played the Kings and a Mavs team that wasn't at full strength. But the Clippers look great. The problem is the past has been their bench. The bench is more than just Crawford now, with Austin Rivers improving, Josh Smith from Houston, Wesley Johnson and Pierce. They look like the best in the West, but they're the Clippers. They're cursed.

Talking about guys who get hurt, Bogut had his nose broken in pre-season and came off the floor on Tuesday with a bloody face and a concussion, even though he was wearing a mask. That just gives more minutes to Festus Ezeli. Festus was a Nigerian who moved to Yuba City, CA as a teenager. Played a little at Vanderbilt. Warriors drafted him as a project in the 2nd round. And now in his 3rd season he's really starting to kick ass.

Granted they've played the Kings and a Mavs team that wasn't at full strength. But the Clippers look great. The problem is the past has been their bench. The bench is more than just Crawford now, with Austin Rivers improving, Josh Smith from Houston, Wesley Johnson and Pierce. They look like the best in the West, but they're the Clippers. They're cursed.

Talking about guys who get hurt, Bogut had his nose broken in pre-season and came off the floor on Tuesday with a bloody face and a concussion, even though he was wearing a mask. That just gives more minutes to Festus Ezeli. Festus was a Nigerian who moved to Yuba City, CA as a teenager. Played a little at Vanderbilt. Warriors drafted him as a project in the 2nd round. And now in his 3rd season he's really starting to kick ass.
We're talking about guys who just can't seem to play a whole season (in Kobe's case, the last 3), but on the opposite side of the spectrum, I remember one year Wilt Chamberlain averaged 48.6 minutes a game, for the entire season.

OKC is definitely a contender for the championship. Westbrook went off for 47 tonight and Durant is looking real good as well. Imagine if they still had Harden. That would be a championship right there for sure.

OKC is definitely a contender for the championship. Westbrook went off for 47 tonight and Durant is looking real good as well. Imagine if they still had Harden. That would be a championship right there for sure.
OKC has got a fatal flaw that I didn't notice until just the other day. I don't know who it was at ESPN or the NBA channel, but they were using a telestrator, or whatever that machine does to highlight individual players and darken the rest, freezing the frames, showing Westbrook and Durant coming down with 3 guys on the wings completely open and no one guarding them and what do they do? They drive the lane forcing a 1 on 5, putting up a low percentage shot that misses and it's a fast break the other way. And they're doing this play after play.

Someone should tell them, assists are not a carcinogen. You don't get cancer from passing the ball. And if you don't get others involved in the game, you're not going anywhere.

OKC has got a fatal flaw that I didn't notice until just the other day. I don't know who it was at ESPN or the NBA channel, but they were using a telestrator, or whatever that machine does to highlight individual players and darken the rest, freezing the frames, showing Westbrook and Durant coming down with 3 guys on the wings completely open and no one guarding them and what do they do? They drive the lane forcing a 1 on 5, putting up a low percentage shot that misses and it's a fast break the other way. And they're doing this play after play.

Someone should tell them, assists are not a carcinogen. You don't get cancer from passing the ball. And if you don't get others involved in the game, you're not going anywhere.
That will keep them from winning it all. It wont keep them from getting there. Durant and Westbrook are just that good.

That will keep them from winning it all. It wont keep them from getting there. Durant and Westbrook are just that good.
In a 7 game series, good teams will figure out what they like to do, then take it away from them. At that point, they're going to need their other teammates to step up and spread the floor. But if they haven't been engaged before then, they ain't gonna do it.

Yeah. Detroit looks legit. Drummond was tearing it up tonight. The Dubs shut the Rockets up rather convincingly. This is after the Rockets tried to win the NBA championship in the first quarter. :laugh:
I hope so. Just make the playoffs is all I ask this year. Doable right?

Forum List

Back