NBA Tonight

I was hoping the clips or golden state were good enough to beat lebron. Now not so sure. I dont think Atlanta will do it but let's hope. The clips and warriors have shown sign of weakness but I think golden state did well bouncing back after losing game 1.

But none of them have lebron experience or the spurs.

Lebron will one day be the greatest player ever. Better than Jordan. Lebron numbers are sick. I use to say mj and still do but not sure that will be the consensus forever.
Clips better worry about beating Houston and stop choking. Atlanta and Dubs are the only teams left that can beat the Cavs. Cavs are rolling on one wheel right now and that is Lebron.

Doubt Lebron will ever reach the status MJ has in the fans minds. Numbers wise he may become better but his style of play is not the ruthless scoring machine MJ was. Fans seem to appreciate MJ's style of play more than they do Lebrons mastery of the game.
I agree but I bet people said that about mj when comparing him to greats that came before him.

We will have the argument when he's done and people who argue for lebron will have a strong case. Much better case than people who compare mj to Kobe. Kobe has 4 rings lebron only 2 but already lebron is superior and has surpassed Kobe.

The MJ vs Lebron debate is wrong. Bird is GOAT and Duncan is in the discussion. Big media will always make it a Lebron vs. MJ vs. Kobe debate for obvious reasons.
Lebron like magic could play every position including center.

Jordan dominated for 3 years took a break then dominated for 3 more years. 2 3peats. Lebron and bird didn't dominate like that. Magic was greater than bird.

Duncan's a completely different conversation. He's goat for power forwards but not the same thing as a bird magic Jordan lebron type. He's also not the greatest center of all time. Not saying I wouldnt pick him first over lebron but no way I'd take Duncan over Jordan.

Jordan 6 rings Duncan 4?

Yea, Jordan wasn't going to have three-peats against the Dr. J, Magic, Isiah, (Jordan) either. And Bird very well might have had his threepeat had his elbow not been injured in 85. But at any rate, when you're losing to another team that has a claim for greatest of all-time after going through the Bad Boys and the previous 'bad boys' (Dr. J's very physical Sixers with Barkley), then that sometimes happens.

Bird never played with a great athlete E.G. Pippen either. He would have ran off more rings had Len Bias not died. He was still pushing, playing MJ even with a broken back and age.
Bird played with 3...countem...3 HOFers. Give it a rest dude. Even iF Bird had been completely healthy they werent going to beat the Bulls. That team is in the discussion for the greatest teams of all time.

I got sidetracked and didn't watch that choke job by the Clips.

It's a shame the Spurs lost the two seed on the last day. I think they'd already be in the WCF right about now. Playing the Clips in the first round on the road was the last thing they needed.

But the Clips not closing out a wounded Rockets team at home; it's in large part cos they're wearing down; just no depth on that team. A deep Spurs would have had more of an advantage against them the deeper the playoffs went.
I was hoping the clips or golden state were good enough to beat lebron. Now not so sure. I dont think Atlanta will do it but let's hope. The clips and warriors have shown sign of weakness but I think golden state did well bouncing back after losing game 1.

Lebron will one day be the greatest player ever. Better than Jordan. Lebron numbers are sick. I use to say mj and still do but not sure that will be the consensus forever.
Clips better worry about beating Houston and stop choking. Atlanta and Dubs are the only teams left that can beat the Cavs. Cavs are rolling on one wheel right now and that is Lebron.

Doubt Lebron will ever reach the status MJ has in the fans minds. Numbers wise he may become better but his style of play is not the ruthless scoring machine MJ was. Fans seem to appreciate MJ's style of play more than they do Lebrons mastery of the game.
I agree but I bet people said that about mj when comparing him to greats that came before him.

We will have the argument when he's done and people who argue for lebron will have a strong case. Much better case than people who compare mj to Kobe. Kobe has 4 rings lebron only 2 but already lebron is superior and has surpassed Kobe.

The MJ vs Lebron debate is wrong. Bird is GOAT and Duncan is in the discussion. Big media will always make it a Lebron vs. MJ vs. Kobe debate for obvious reasons.

Jordan dominated for 3 years took a break then dominated for 3 more years. 2 3peats. Lebron and bird didn't dominate like that. Magic was greater than bird.

Duncan's a completely different conversation. He's goat for power forwards but not the same thing as a bird magic Jordan lebron type. He's also not the greatest center of all time. Not saying I wouldnt pick him first over lebron but no way I'd take Duncan over Jordan.

Jordan 6 rings Duncan 4?

Duncan 5 rings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan 6 rings Duncan 4?

Yea, Jordan wasn't going to have three-peats against the Dr. J, Magic, Isiah, (Jordan) either. And Bird very well might have had his threepeat had his elbow not been injured in 85. But at any rate, when you're losing to another team that has a claim for greatest of all-time after going through the Bad Boys and the previous 'bad boys' (Dr. J's very physical Sixers with Barkley), then that sometimes happens.

Bird never played with a great athlete E.G. Pippen either. He would have ran off more rings had Len Bias not died. He was still pushing, playing MJ even with a broken back and age.
He is ONE OF the goat just will never be but you make great arguments.

I got sidetracked and didn't watch that choke job by the Clips.

It's a shame the Spurs lost the two seed on the last day. I think they'd already be in the WCF right about now. Playing the Clips in the first round on the road was the last thing they needed.

But the Clips not closing out a wounded Rockets team at home; it's in large part cos they're wearing down; just no depth on that team. A deep Spurs would have had more of an advantage against them the deeper the playoffs went.

Jordan 6 rings Duncan 4?

Ring counting is dumb, imo; but it's 6 to 5 and would be even if Pop didn't take him out in the last 30 seconds of the 2013 Finals for some reason.

Duncan's Spurs have won 50 plus every season he's been in the league. MJ started his career with three losing seasons and only started to win when Jordan B (Pippen) came to town. MJ was great though; don't get me wrong. I'm just saying there's a lot of false narratives out there b/c it's in the corporatists' interests.

Jordan 6 rings Duncan 4?

Duncan 5 rings.

It sucks so bad had my pistons won game 7 in 05 we would have won back to back and I would have seen 4 piston championships in my lifetime. I still feel blessed to have seen 3.

Hurts a lot less because we won the year before.

Jordan 6 rings Duncan 4?

Ring counting is dumb, imo; but it's 6 to 5 and would be even if Pop didn't take him out in the last 30 seconds of the 2013 Finals for some reason.

Duncan's Spurs have won 50 plus every season he's been in the league. MJ started his career with three losing seasons and only started to win when Jordan B (Pippen) came to town. MJ was great though; don't get me wrong. I'm just saying there's a lot of false narratives out there b/c it's in the corporatists' interests.
You have a lot of ifs. It doesnt work that way. What happened happened. Let it go. Even if the Spurs had 6 rings during Ducans run they still were not won in the manner MJ's Bulls did the feat. MJ is undefeated in Finals appearances. Who else can make that claim and still be considered the number 1 option on his team?

When Jordan retired the first time, the Bulls went from 57 wins to 55 wins. Cleveland was the worst team when Lebron was drafted, and they made the playoffs and to the finals. The year after Lebron left they had the worst record.

Jordan 6 rings Duncan 4?

Last year I would have laughed at anyone saying lebron is the greatest but I'm starting to listen.

Jordan won 3 in a row then 3 in a row again. Duncan and lebron never dominated like that. Its why Jordan seems so great. To completely dominate the sport for 6 years is amazing.

Duncan is a rock.

Notice Miami didnt even make the playoffs in the weak east without lebron?

People think the Spurs were just a team that was good for a long stretch. No, that's a myth. This is how close they were to winning five straight; as they won in 03, 05, and 07.

04 - The .04 nonsense and then they would have likely beat the Pistons with homecourt advantage.
06 - Ginobili inexplicably fouls Dirk at the rim to give him a three point play and force OT (A questionable call though)

Tim Duncan was pretty close to making a Bill Russell type of championship run, frankly. And that's not because he's merely GOAT PF. He's absolutely in the discussion for GOAT. You take away those years and he was still competing against Shaq/Kobe Lakers and Webber/Stoy/Bibby/Vlade Kings before that and the Durant/Westbrook Thunder after that and oh, btw owning Lebron head to head. No, he's overlooked because he's not playing the Knicks, Lakers, Bulls and doesn't hop five feet off the ground; but he is arguably the GOAT. Imo, it's Bird. But anyone that said Duncan, I wouldn't call them crazy.

But they would have if Bosh hadn't went out. Lebron makes a huge difference though; so I'm not arguing the larger point. But Miami was on the downhill, which imo is why he left; not because he wanted to win for Cleveland like he sells.

When Jordan retired the first time, the Bulls went from 57 wins to 55 wins. Cleveland was the worst team when Lebron was drafted, and they made the playoffs and to the finals. The year after Lebron left they had the worst record.

And this is the fact(s) that Jordan jockers can never come to grips with; just what impact Jordan had on a team.

And this is the fact(s) that Jordan jockers can never come to grips with; just what impact Jordan had on a team.
His impact was shown in the fact the Bulls didnt reach the Finals. It was also shown when a rusty Jordan came back at the end of the season and still almost got to the Finals.

Bird played with 3...countem...3 HOFers. Give it a rest dude. Even iF Bird had been completely healthy they werent going to beat the Bulls. That team is in the discussion for the greatest teams of all time.
No team in NBA history would beat the '87 Lakers.

The 86 C's would have crushed them. The injured 87 C's almost beat them, anyhow.

But they would have if Bosh hadn't went out. Lebron makes a huge difference though; so I'm not arguing the larger point. But Miami was on the downhill, which imo is why he left; not because he wanted to win for Cleveland like he sells.
How was Miami on the down hill. This ought to be interesting.

His impact was shown in the fact the Bulls didnt reach the Finals. It was also shown when a rusty Jordan came back at the end of the season and still almost got to the Finals.

Again, you don't know your history. The 94 Bulls make the championship instead of the Knicks if not for a bad call. Yes, Jordan was a difference maker. But he was not the dominant all encompassing presence that Jordan jockers pretend he was.

And? Is that supposed to mean Lebron is better than Jordan? He is not.

Forum List

Back