NBA Tonight

I got sidetracked and didn't watch that choke job by the Clips.

It's a shame the Spurs lost the two seed on the last day. I think they'd already be in the WCF right about now. Playing the Clips in the first round on the road was the last thing they needed.

But the Clips not closing out a wounded Rockets team at home; it's in large part cos they're wearing down; just no depth on that team. A deep Spurs would have had more of an advantage against them the deeper the playoffs went.
I was hoping the clips or golden state were good enough to beat lebron. Now not so sure. I dont think Atlanta will do it but let's hope. The clips and warriors have shown sign of weakness but I think golden state did well bouncing back after losing game 1.

But none of them have lebron experience or the spurs.

Lebron will one day be the greatest player ever. Better than Jordan. Lebron numbers are sick. I use to say mj and still do but not sure that will be the consensus forever.
Clips better worry about beating Houston and stop choking. Atlanta and Dubs are the only teams left that can beat the Cavs. Cavs are rolling on one wheel right now and that is Lebron.

Doubt Lebron will ever reach the status MJ has in the fans minds. Numbers wise he may become better but his style of play is not the ruthless scoring machine MJ was. Fans seem to appreciate MJ's style of play more than they do Lebrons mastery of the game.
I agree but I bet people said that about mj when comparing him to greats that came before him.

We will have the argument when he's done and people who argue for lebron will have a strong case. Much better case than people who compare mj to Kobe. Kobe has 4 rings lebron only 2 but already lebron is superior and has surpassed Kobe.

It's a shame the Spurs lost the two seed on the last day. I think they'd already be in the WCF right about now. Playing the Clips in the first round on the road was the last thing they needed.

But the Clips not closing out a wounded Rockets team at home; it's in large part cos they're wearing down; just no depth on that team. A deep Spurs would have had more of an advantage against them the deeper the playoffs went.
I was hoping the clips or golden state were good enough to beat lebron. Now not so sure. I dont think Atlanta will do it but let's hope. The clips and warriors have shown sign of weakness but I think golden state did well bouncing back after losing game 1.

Lebron will one day be the greatest player ever. Better than Jordan. Lebron numbers are sick. I use to say mj and still do but not sure that will be the consensus forever.
Clips better worry about beating Houston and stop choking. Atlanta and Dubs are the only teams left that can beat the Cavs. Cavs are rolling on one wheel right now and that is Lebron.

Doubt Lebron will ever reach the status MJ has in the fans minds. Numbers wise he may become better but his style of play is not the ruthless scoring machine MJ was. Fans seem to appreciate MJ's style of play more than they do Lebrons mastery of the game.
I agree but I bet people said that about mj when comparing him to greats that came before him.

We will have the argument when he's done and people who argue for lebron will have a strong case. Much better case than people who compare mj to Kobe. Kobe has 4 rings lebron only 2 but already lebron is superior and has surpassed Kobe.

The MJ vs Lebron debate is wrong. Bird is GOAT and Duncan is in the discussion. Big media will always make it a Lebron vs. MJ vs. Kobe debate for obvious reasons.

You can laugh all you want; but a prime Bird would have a prime LBJ for lunch every day of the week. Bird was a bad man. LBJ's not even that good of a shooter for f's sake.

The MJ vs Lebron debate is wrong. Bird is GOAT and Duncan is in the discussion. Big media will always make it a Lebron vs. MJ vs. Kobe debate for obvious reasons.
Bird is GOAT?!! :laugh:

Dont get me wrong Bird was a bad MF but there is no way he is even in the conversation for GOAT unless you are a Boston fan or a white guy that cant stand to be truthful with yourself. What are you basing this off of?

Duncan is the GOAT at PF. He is not by any stretch the best player to ever play the game.

Kobe? Dont make me laugh. He was second fiddle for the bulk of his rings. You could say he was in the top 15 or top 3 SG but definitely not GOAT.

When its all said and done Lebron will either be the GOAT or 2nd best player ever.

Dont get me wrong Bird was a bad MF but there is no way he is even in the conversation for GOAT unless you are a Boston fan or a white guy that cant stand to be truthful with yourself. What are you basing this off of?

Duncan is the GOAT at PF. He is not by any stretch the best player to ever play the game.

Kobe? Dont make me laugh. He was second fiddle for the bulk of his rings. You could say he was in the top 15 or top 3 SG but definitely not GOAT.

When its all said and done Lebron will either be the GOAT or 2nd best player ever.

Well, you're a fanboy; and your analysis is always out of whack. Bird beat the so-called goat MJ 14 straight times at one point. Think about that.

Well, you're a fanboy; and your analysis is always out of whack. Bird beat the so-called goat MJ 14 straight times at one point. Think about that.
I think you meant the Celtics beat the Bulls 14 straight times. You casual fans always make the assumption Bird and MJ were playing one on one. Bird even said MJ was god disguised as a bball player.

NBA.com God Disguised as Michael Jordan

People like to relegate Timmy to GOAT PF as to not talk about him for GOAT. Dude's a bedrock. He's been way better than Jordan by most metrics; except for the fact that Jordan was a freak in terms of scoring and athleticism. But when you bring it back to what that means for a team, Timmy was simply better.

I think you meant the Celtics beat the Bulls 14 straight times. You casual fans always make the assumption Bird and MJ were playing one on one. Bird even said MJ was god disguised as a bball player.

No, I mean Bird did. Yes, basketball is a team game. But if you're gonna claim GOAT, then you don't get your ass handed to you 14 times in a row. That's not how it works.

People like to relegate Timmy to GOAT PF as to not talk about him for GOAT. Dude's a bedrock. He's been way better than Jordan by most metrics; except for the fact that Jordan was a freak in terms of scoring and athleticism. But when you bring it back to what that means for a team, Timmy was simply better.
I think winning every single NBA championship you went to is far more impressive than what Timmy did. When its time to win MJ has no equal dude. You are making yourself sound like a hater.

No, I mean Bird did. Yes, basketball is a team game. But if you're gonna claim GOAT, then you don't get your ass handed to you 14 times in a row. That's not how it works.
Then you must be high like said. Bird never played MJ one on one. Bird had 3 HOFers with him and thats the reason the Celtics beat the Bulls. You casual fans are a riot.
laugh.gif

Then you must be high like said. Bird never played MJ one on one. Bird had 3 HOFers with him and thats the reason the Celtics beat the Bulls. You casual fans are a riot.
laugh.gif

You don't know anything about history, do you? In one of those games, it was a playoff game. In the midst of that run, Bird went into Chicago in a close out playoff game. McHale was out injured. Walton was a shell of himself by then. Fred freaking Roberts was the starting PF in a seven man rotation. He played 37 minutes. Chicago went into the 4th quarter of that game up 5. Jordan would miss all of his 4th quarter shots and Bird would rattle off 15 straight points, and the C's would cruise to the victory. But I guess that's just teammates, right?

laugh.gif

You don't know anything about history, do you? In one of those games, it was a playoff game. In the midst of that run, Bird went into Chicago in a close out playoff game. McHale was out injured. Walton was a shell of himself by then. Fred freaking Roberts was the starting PF in a seven man rotation. He played 37 minutes. Chicago went into the 4th quarter of that game up 5. Jordan would miss all of his 4th quarter shots and Bird would rattle off 15 straight points, and the C's would cruise to the victory. But I guess that's just teammates, right?

1 whole game?
laugh.gif

Was Bird guarding MJ? Youre just a white boy with GWH syndrome.

Lebron like magic could play every position including center.

Jordan dominated for 3 years took a break then dominated for 3 more years. 2 3peats. Lebron and bird didn't dominate like that. Magic was greater than bird.

Duncan's a completely different conversation. He's goat for power forwards but not the same thing as a bird magic Jordan lebron type. He's also not the greatest center of all time. Not saying I wouldnt pick him first over lebron but no way I'd take Duncan over Jordan.

Jordan 6 rings Duncan 4?

Completely agree except Kobe was 1st fiddle for 2 of his 4 rings. The 2 with gasol he was finals MVP.

Completely agree except Kobe was 1st fiddle for 2 of his 4 rings. The 2 with gasol he was finals MVP.
Kobe has 5 rings. 3 with Shaq and 2 with Gasol

Really! I forgot one of those. I bet it kills him to be 1 shy of mj.

Kobe was the greatest player after mj and before lebron.

I bet Kobe dreams of beating lebron in a NBA finals before he retires.

I dont think he was second fiddle like pippen was to mj. It was more like magic had Kareem or wade had shaq.

Lebron like magic could play every position including center.

Jordan dominated for 3 years took a break then dominated for 3 more years. 2 3peats. Lebron and bird didn't dominate like that. Magic was greater than bird.

Duncan's a completely different conversation. He's goat for power forwards but not the same thing as a bird magic Jordan lebron type. He's also not the greatest center of all time. Not saying I wouldnt pick him first over lebron but no way I'd take Duncan over Jordan.

Jordan 6 rings Duncan 4?

Yea, Jordan wasn't going to have three-peats against the Dr. J, Magic, Isiah, (Jordan) either. And Bird very well might have had his threepeat had his elbow not been injured in 85. But at any rate, when you're losing to another team that has a claim for greatest of all-time after going through the Bad Boys and the previous 'bad boys' (Dr. J's very physical Sixers with Barkley), then that sometimes happens.

Bird never played with a great athlete E.G. Pippen either. He would have ran off more rings had Len Bias not died. He was still pushing, playing MJ even with a broken back and age.

Really! I forgot one of those. I bet it kills him to be 1 shy of mj.

Kobe was the greatest player after mj and before lebron.

I bet Kobe dreams of beating lebron in a NBA finals before he retires.
I'd take a healthy T-Mac over Kobe though to be honest.

Forum List

Back