NBA Tonight

Yep, the Buffalo Braves, they had Bob "Can Do" McAdoo and Ernie D.

The team started in 1970 with the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Portland Trailblazers which surprised everyone with the best record of the three.

I already found something in common with you. I dont like Lakers either.
I've been a Laker fan since 1965 (when I was 8 years old).
The Lakers and Celtics were my first experience with basketball and I would love those teams but they beat my bad boys so I stopped rooting for them as soon as the pistons were competitive.

I love it that 2 of the 3 pistons championships were against the Lakers. 88-89 and 2004.

The team started in 1970 with the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Portland Trailblazers which surprised everyone with the best record of the three.
Very good!

Okay, do you know who the Trailblazers star was that first year?

Hint: His first name was Geoff.

I can't believe what I just saw. Cleveland's Delavadova leg-locks Tai Gibson and it is Gibson that gets the flagrant 2. That is bullshit! Fuck the ref's!

BTW, the Lakers are going to wheel and deal their draft picks to get Boogie Cousins and will have nothing but cap space when all those stars become free agents.

Boogie

LA

Money

Who could turn that down?

I can't believe what I just saw. Cleveland's Delavadova leg-locks Tai Gibson and it is Gibson that gets the flagrant 2. That is bullshit! Fuck the ref's!
Its really a shame cleveland lost their second best player. I would have liked to see who'd win between them and washington or Atlanta or golden state or clippers.

BTW, the Lakers are going to wheel and deal their draft picks to get Boogie Cousins and will have nothing but cap space when all those stars become free agents.

Boogie

LA

Money

Who could turn that down?
Until youre sure to make the playoffs again, calm down. Then you got to advance. Then wi it all? Its so hard. That's why I'm so happy to have seen Detroit do it 3 times in my life. As a lion fan I know what its like to be a suns fan or Utah golden state Milwaukee NY Knicks and nets. Cleveland atlanta Memphis okc clippers. Since bird and magic none of these teams have won a ring and I dont remember before that so I consider that "in my lifetime". I know Knicks and 76rs won back in those days but that's bs. Before sealybobo.

Its really a shame cleveland lost their second best player. I would have liked to see who'd win between them and washington or Atlanta or golden state or clippers.

Ye of little faith.

Cavs in 6 against the Bulls, a damn fine fight (probably a win) against whoever makes the Eastern Conference Finals. And then a goddamn dogfight in the Finals. Now is their time!

Ye of little faith.

Cavs in 6 against the Bulls, a damn fine fight (probably a win) against whoever makes the Eastern Conference Finals. And then a goddamn dogfight in the Finals. Now is their time!
You think lebron can still do it? OK, I didn't think they'd beat the bulls without love and I dont think the cave will win the east but Atlanta and washington aren't so great I can see lebron beating either of them but...

Can they beat the clippers or warriors? You know what? Fucking lebron gonna fucking do it. No way! Damn it! Young ass inexperienced teams not ready. Lebron the king? Or is this another year where he falls apart in the finals. Remember? Cramps!

You think lebron can still do it? OK, I didn't think they'd beat the bulls without love and I dont think the cave will win the east but Atlanta and washington aren't so great I can see lebron beating either of them but...

Can they beat the clippers or warriors? You know what? Fucking lebron gonna fucking do it. No way! Damn it! Young ass inexperienced teams not ready. Lebron the king? Or is this another year where he falls apart in the finals. Remember? Cramps!

Healthy, the Cavs beat anybody.

Before tonight, I assumed Kyrie's injuries were enough that they'd lose eventually (making squeaking past the Bulls but ultimately in the conference finals). But I've got newfound hope after seeing Kyrie tonight. But it'll be a dogfight all the way through.

Before tonight, I assumed Kyrie's injuries were enough that they'd lose eventually (making squeaking past the Bulls but ultimately in the conference finals). But I've got newfound hope after seeing Kyrie tonight. But it'll be a dogfight all the way through.

I hope curry and the warriors or Blake and the clippers are too much for lebron then we will have a competitive rivalry going. Otherwise it'll just be another year of lebron. Yawn. Lol. Wouldnt you like to see lebron lose to curry?

I hope curry and the warriors or Blake and the clippers are too much for lebron then we will have a competitive rivalry going. Otherwise it'll just be another year of lebron. Yawn. Lol. Wouldnt you like to see lebron lose to curry?

No. I'd rather not see Cleveland lose to anybody.

Very good!

Okay, do you know who the Trailblazers star was that first year?

Hint: His first name was Geoff.

Geoff Petrie from Princeton. He tied with Dave Cowens for the ROY award. He saved Sidney Wicks life, it was in Italy I think, Wicks was in the ocean and started to drown, Petrie swam out to save him. Petrie was later a GM in Portland, Sacramento and Golden St., not sure where he is now. Loved those teams.

Darrell Imhoff played for the Blazers at the end of his career, what was he noted for?

Last edited:

This ^^^^ I think they need to wrap up the Bulls series in 6 and hope the Hawks Wizards go to 7 games. That way they maximize the rest Kyrie gets. I don't think either Atlanta or the Wizards would really challenge the Cavs. The big test will come in the finals, I'm thinking LA or the Dubs.

Forum List

Back