NBA playoffs thread

Last night is another clear example of why Lebron is not better than Kobe nonetheless Jordan. If you're one of the greatest of all time and your team is down is in a big game you have to at least try and takeover the game, not pass the ball to Mario Chalmers and Rashard Lewis and expect them to bail you out. Kobe would have at least tried to carry his team on his back. Lebron is just not that kind of player.

Now I'm hearing the Heat is looking to get Melo. If that happens I swear to God ill stop watching the NBA, and I'll lose all respect for lebron, wade, bosh and melo.

Last edited:
Last night is another clear example of why Lebron is not better than Kobe nonetheless Jordan. If you're one of the greatest of all time and your team is down is in a big game you have to at least try and takeover the game, not pass the ball to Mario Chalmers and Rashard Lewis and expect them to bail you out. Kobe would have at least tried to carry his team on his back. Lebron is just not that kind of player.

Now I'm hearing the Heat is looking to get Melo. If that happens I swear to God ill stop watching the NBA, and I'll lose all respect for lebron, wade, bosh and melo.

They won't win just cause they get Melo. He's another one who's not a good team player or defensive player. The Spurs/OKC/Pacers will eat that shit up. Bring it!

Now put Lebron on the Lakers and they're in the finals gurunte it.

They won't win just cause they get Melo. He's another one who's not a good team player or defensive player. The Spurs/OKC/Pacers will eat that shit up. Bring it!

Now put Lebron on the Lakers and they're in the finals gurunte it.

Nah I think melo and lebron on the same team would be unstoppable offensively. Then you throw in Wade (I don't care how bad his knee is) and you virtually have an Olympics dream team core. Not saying they would be a guarantee to win it because you never know, but they sure would have a heck of a shot. Just the cheesiness of a move like that would make me quit watching.

Kobe couldnt carry Lebrons jock strap. Lebron did take over and score all of his teams points in the 3rd. Spurs were just too good. Heat are not getting Melo.

Kobe couldnt carry Lebrons jock strap. Lebron did take over and score all of his teams points in the 3rd. Spurs were just too good. Heat are not getting Melo.

Sorry whenever the heat needed key buckets Lebron was nowhere to be found. He either doesn't have a sense of the moment like the true greats, or he's scared of the big moment. I personally think it's the latter.

I hope you're right about the heat not getting melo, because that would be a new level of bitchassness for the Cheat. It's as if Lebron teaming up with Wade and Bosh wasn't bad enough the fact that they're even considering bringing in Melo shows you these guys have no heart and no respect for fair competition. Yeah Lebron has two rings, but in my book (not that Lebron gives two shits) there's an asterisk next to his rings because he needed to team up with the second best player and a top ten player in order to finally win.

Sorry whenever the heat needed key buckets Lebron was nowhere to be found. He either doesn't have a sense of the moment like the true greats, or he's scared of the big moment. I personally think it's the latter.

I hope you're right about the heat not getting melo, because that would be a new level of bitchassness for the Cheat. It's as if Lebron teaming up with Wade and Bosh wasn't bad enough the fact that they're even considering bringing in Melo shows you these guys have no heart and no respect for fair competition. Yeah Lebron has two rings, but in my book (not that Lebron gives two shits) there's an asterisk next to his rings because he needed to team up with the second best player and a top ten player in order to finally win.

He is not scared. Matter of fact, and I can't believe I'm defending Lebron but the fact is he was clutch every time he shot the ball. If/when the shot clock was winding down he would rise up and shoot from wherever he was, he would create the space and he made just about every shot.

Something is/was wrong. Why did he leave the court and then come back? Did he just have to take a piss? Are they fighting among each other and we just don't know it? They aren't playing like a team at all. Are the Spurs really that good all of the sudden? This seems like the Spurs have thrown the Heat off their game and I love it.

I was so mad game two when

a. Wade faked like he got hit in the face.
b. Chalmers elbowed Parker

Did the Heat realize at that point they were playing a better team? The Heat won that game. I was so mad. I couldn't believe the cheating team was going to win a 3rd championship. What happened in game 3? I love it how the Spurs young players responded. Not like last year when they let Ray Allen beat them. If they win it they will go down in my mind as NBA legends. I only care about players if they win an nba championship. Zero credibility if you never at least played great in the Finals.

Few exceptions are the guys who played a lot in the finals but never won. I respect Barkley, Ewing, Reggie Miller and Malone because it's not their fault the other teams were better. They were still great.

I doubt Lebron is going to go play under Kobe. :lol:

2004 Pistons were good but this is upper level never before seen execution. The Spurs right now could take any team in history and beat them the way they are executing on offense right now.

Give me a break.

And it would be Kobe playing under Lebron, just like Wade had to. Kobe's old. He'll take one as a role player. A very important role player like Pippen.

And why not? He was Shaq's little brother for 3 championships when he was in his prime. Now he's old. He just wants that 6th ring. Watch, Lebron goes to LA. Where else would he go? Don't be surprised.

Kobe has never proven he is comfortable being option 2. Thats why PJ quit coaching the Lakers and wrote a book. What makes you think he will now?

Kobe is still under the illusion that he can lead a team to a championship, look how he treated Dwight Howard when he got to LA.

Give me a break.

And it would be Kobe playing under Lebron, just like Wade had to. Kobe's old. He'll take one as a role player. A very important role player like Pippen.

And why not? He was Shaq's little brother for 3 championships when he was in his prime. Now he's old. He just wants that 6th ring. Watch, Lebron goes to LA. Where else would he go? Don't be surprised.

Kobe has never proven he is comfortable being option 2. Thats why PJ quit coaching the Lakers and wrote a book. What makes you think he will now?

Kobe is still under the illusion that he can lead a team to a championship, look how he treated Dwight Howard when he got to LA.

Yea because Dwight is such a team player. :eusa_liar:

I also will stop watching if Melo goes to the Heat.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Kobe treated that guy like shit and wanted him under his boot, now Dwight is gone and LA is 100 times worse off than when he was there. The smart thing would be for Kobe to groom Dwight to be his successor in LA not run him out of town.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Kobe treated that guy like shit and wanted him under his boot, now Dwight is gone and LA is 100 times worse off than when he was there. The smart thing would be for Kobe to groom Dwight to be his successor in LA not run him out of town.

Kobe is under an illusion he is the best Laker ever, he has a lot of talent, however his attitude ruined him. He thinks he is bigger than the Lakers.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Dwight Howard is a loser and an asshole. He through Coach Van Gundy under the bus in Orlando. I wouldn't want him on my team. Then he goes to LA and they can't win with him? OMG, they had Gasol, Kobe and all those other guys and you add the great Dwight Howard maybe the best physical center in the NBA to that team and they can't win a championship? I know Kobe had problems with Shaq too so he's probably not easy to get along with either but Dwight Howard is a traitor. He looked sooo bad when the press was interviewing him and he was lying that he asked for Van Gundy to be traded. I don't know all the details, but what I do know is what he did was bullshit.

So no one was rooting for him when he went to LA. And he proved he's not a team player when the Lakers sucked with him. Then he goes to Houston and they get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs?

Hey, if you still believe in him and like him, buy his jersey. I hope he never wins a ring. He's getting older and he just doesn't have the heart of a champ.

P.S. Carmelo going to the Heat doesn't mean they win a championship.

Kobe is under an illusion he is the best Laker ever, he has a lot of talent, however his attitude ruined him. He thinks he is bigger than the Lakers.

He is/was their franchise player for how many years now? They even got rid of Shaq to make him happy and he won 2 rings without Shaq. I was rooting against him but he proved me wrong. Still don't want him to catch Jordan's 6 titles but I give Kobe mad respect.

He was the best player in the NBA for how many years? Come on give the guy a break.

5 rings.

He may not be the best Laker ever but he's pretty close and up there. Magic is the best Laker of all time. Who do you say?

Dwight Howard is a loser and an asshole. He through Coach Van Gundy under the bus in Orlando. I wouldn't want him on my team. Then he goes to LA and they can't win with him? OMG, they had Gasol, Kobe and all those other guys and you add the great Dwight Howard maybe the best physical center in the NBA to that team and they can't win a championship? I know Kobe had problems with Shaq too so he's probably not easy to get along with either but Dwight Howard is a traitor. He looked sooo bad when the press was interviewing him and he was lying that he asked for Van Gundy to be traded. I don't know all the details, but what I do know is what he did was bullshit.

So no one was rooting for him when he went to LA. And he proved he's not a team player when the Lakers sucked with him. Then he goes to Houston and they get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs?

Hey, if you still believe in him and like him, buy his jersey. I hope he never wins a ring. He's getting older and he just doesn't have the heart of a champ.

P.S. Carmelo going to the Heat doesn't mean they win a championship.

Last year the Rockets without Dwight Howard went 45-37, was the eighth seed.
Last year the Lakers with Dwight Howard went 45-37, was the seventh seed.
This year with Dwight Howard the Rockets went 54-28, was the fifth seed.
This year without Dwight Howard the Lakers went 27-55, had the second worst record in the Western Conference.

He is/was their franchise player for how many years now? They even got rid of Shaq to make him happy and he won 2 rings without Shaq. I was rooting against him but he proved me wrong. Still don't want him to catch Jordan's 6 titles but I give Kobe mad respect.

He was the best player in the NBA for how many years? Come on give the guy a break.

5 rings.

He may not be the best Laker ever but he's pretty close and up there. Magic is the best Laker of all time. Who do you say?

He is the franchise player on a bad team, big deal. Magic, Jabbar, West, Chamberlin, Baylor, all I'd take over Kobe.

5 rings.

Kobe could have had 8 rings if he had been a team player. In my book he is the best difficult shot maker in NBA history. He gets props for scoring 81 on the Raptors because I know that is no easy feat for a shooting guard no matter who you are playing. I'd say Magic, Jabbar, Chamberlain, and West are the greatest Lakers ever before Kobe. To me Magic in particular personifies the Lakers.

Congrats to the spurs. We can now say they clearly were the best team this year. We can also clearly say lebron isn't in the same category as Jordan or Bryant.

Edit: and wade has fallen off big time.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back