NBA playoffs thread

MJ didn't have all those guys all 6 years. If the Bulls lost someone they just picked up another role player to fill that void.

Is Horace Grant or Kukoc in the HOF? If not then you can't say it isn't fair that he had them on his team. Did you expect him to not have decent players and still win? And I know he didn't have Rodman all 6 years.

Harden left to go to Houston, probably for the money. What loser does he play with now? Dwight Howard. That guy is poison to a team.

P.S. I forgot this but one of the years either 2009 or 2010 Kobe and Shaq beat Dwight and his Orlando team in the NBA finals. I didn't remember that Dwight went to the finals ever. I doubt he'll ever go again, the fucking loser. LOL. Ever since he through Van Gundy under the bus I have hated him. And we (the Pistons) now have him as our coach so I should be thanking Dwight.

Yeah MJ did have those guys all 6 years. it was always he and Pippen with another very good player. Lebron never had a side kick until he went to the Heat. Bosh is not going to be a HOFer. He never was going to be. Harden went to Houston before Howard did.

He did not have Rodman all 6 years. Who else has 6 rings all with Jordan?

Listen, they all need to have good supporting players. Shaq needed Wade. Kobe needed Shaq. He actually impressed me a lot by winning 2 without Shaq. But I can not believe he and Shaq didn't win more. That takes Kobe down a peg or two in my book. Too selfish and fighting with Shaq rather than just winning. Little bitch. B-.

Sure Jordan had Pippen, but look at when Pippen went to Portland and he had all that firepower, he didn't win shit. He even had my man Sheed Wallace. And he lost to THE LAKERS? Fuck Pippen. I mean he good and all but that's all Jordan really had except the one year he had Rodman too. Other than that Jordan had role players. Did he need Pippen? Sure, but don't act like he had the most dominating Center in the league like Kobe did, and Kobe had a hard time "playing" with other people. Fuck Kobe now that I think about it. LOL. He good too, but it's Jordan 1 and Lebron 2.

I put Kobe below Magic and Larry Bird now that you got me thinking about it. B+ or A- where Lebron is an A and Jordan is a A+.

What if Kobe comes back next year and wins another championship? That's what it'll take to change my opinion.

MJ had Pip with him every season he won a ring. Pip is one of the 50 greatest players of all time. Pip also took the Bulls to within a bad call of the ECF's the year Mj left to play baseball. That Portland team should have won but they fell apart in the 4th quarter. That wasn't Pips fault and he was not in his prime.

I look at it like this. Swap Lebron with Kobe and who do you think would have more rings at this point in his career? No way would Kobe have taken that Cavs team to the Finals. Lebron with Shaq probably would have won 7-8 rings. He also gets some cool points for being the first superstar to come into the league from high school, expected to win a ring and actually delivered as the #1 option. Thats a ton of pressure no one has faced before but Lebron. The only way Kobe is winning another ring is if he takes out a contract on Lebron.

I agree. I dont think Kobe is on Magic or Birds level. Both were much better leaders.

Last edited:
If the Spurs can win tonight....it may be over for the Big Three in South Beach.

Well they won and what an total team effort. They have always been a great team and mostly played team ball but these last two games have been absolute clinics on how to play basketball. I hope more teams in the NBA are watching this.

People try to say other guys were better than MJ but we all know that MJ would have schooled every other player in every other era, including Lebron.
I'd like to see Jordan school the Big Dipper without getting "Wilson" tattooed across his forehead.

Last night's performance is all you need to know and all I need to say. But of course I will go on.

Last night was great. Tim Duncan is going to cement his legacy. What a stud. I love that Leonard kid. Last year I thought he almost had it and normally when a young star has a great playoff like that they never turn out to be the beast you'd hope they would be but he's going to do it. OMG what if James and company come back. Holy shit will I be eating my words. Spurs please stay focused. This is how you beat up an over rated bully. You go on office. You fight them so they can't attack you. Lebron still the best individual player in the NBA physically but he's no MJ, Kobe, Bird, Magic. Don't think he ever will be either now. Like I said, if he comes back and wins I'll eat my words.

After this performance, I put Lebron on the same level as Kobe. He can win when he's got all the pieces or in a weak year. But he isn't able to lead his team single handedly to an NBA championship.

All you have to do is compare Jordan's game when he had the flu to Lebron when he got the cramps. That's the difference right there. :lol:

The Heat didn't play team basketball. It was give it to James and he'll try to score, vs. the Spurs. Or give it to Ray Allen and see if he can score, against the SPURS. Or give it to any one player on the Heat and see if they can score against an entire team. They didn't play team basketball.

It's very hard to win back to back. Almost impossible/improbable to win 3 years in a row. Jordan did it. :eusa_hand:

Well they won and what an total team effort. They have always been a great team and mostly played team ball but these last two games have been absolute clinics on how to play basketball. I hope more teams in the NBA are watching this.

Remember the 2004 Pistons? That was a pretty good TEAM effort too. I like it the years the better TEAM beats the better athlete. Ball hogs. I wonder if the Heat will break up. Wade's broken. FINALLY! James is going to LA to help Kobe win one more.

This is the greatest player of all time...

I never saw Wilt play so I cant really argue but I will say that I dont think a person that cant create his own shot should be in the discussion. The GOAT has to be a person that can handle the rock anywhere on the court.

That would be Magic Johnson. He could even play center. And he had a better heart than Lebron. More of a competitor. If Magic or Bird ever had a performance like Lebron did...well they just wouldn't so it doesn't matter what they'd do.

I can't help it. I can't root for Lebron. It's nothing personal. Just as a celebrity I/We either root for you or against you. I don't wish your personal life bad but NBA wise I want you to lose. Maybe it's because when he lost that one year he said he'll still be rich and famous and the losers who are hating on him will still be losers.

We aren't all losers Lebron. A lot of people root against you. So what. Take it as a compliment. You know we know you're the baddest athlete on the court today but like Kobe when it's all said and done I hope you realize we will compare you to Jordan and you will never be the greatest. :lol:

Again, UNLESS you come back and win it all this year. Or win 4 more before it's all said and done. Still I don't know if I'll be able to get this or the Dirk Nowitski year out of my memory. I never remember Jordan losing in the finals. Did he ever?

Yeah MJ did have those guys all 6 years. it was always he and Pippen with another very good player. Lebron never had a side kick until he went to the Heat. Bosh is not going to be a HOFer. He never was going to be. Harden went to Houston before Howard did.

Listen, they all need to have good supporting players. Shaq needed Wade. Kobe needed Shaq. He actually impressed me a lot by winning 2 without Shaq. But I can not believe he and Shaq didn't win more. That takes Kobe down a peg or two in my book. Too selfish and fighting with Shaq rather than just winning. Little bitch. B-.

Sure Jordan had Pippen, but look at when Pippen went to Portland and he had all that firepower, he didn't win shit. He even had my man Sheed Wallace. And he lost to THE LAKERS? Fuck Pippen. I mean he good and all but that's all Jordan really had except the one year he had Rodman too. Other than that Jordan had role players. Did he need Pippen? Sure, but don't act like he had the most dominating Center in the league like Kobe did, and Kobe had a hard time "playing" with other people. Fuck Kobe now that I think about it. LOL. He good too, but it's Jordan 1 and Lebron 2.

I put Kobe below Magic and Larry Bird now that you got me thinking about it. B+ or A- where Lebron is an A and Jordan is a A+.

What if Kobe comes back next year and wins another championship? That's what it'll take to change my opinion.

MJ had Pip with him every season he won a ring. Pip is one of the 50 greatest players of all time. Pip also took the Bulls to within a bad call of the ECF's the year Mj left to play baseball. That Portland team should have won but they fell apart in the 4th quarter. That wasn't Pips fault and he was not in his prime.

I look at it like this. Swap Lebron with Kobe and who do you think would have more rings at this point in his career? No way would Kobe have taken that Cavs team to the Finals. Lebron with Shaq probably would have won 7-8 rings. He also gets some cool points for being the first superstar to come into the league from high school, expected to win a ring and actually delivered as the #1 option. Thats a ton of pressure no one has faced before but Lebron. The only way Kobe is winning another ring is if he takes out a contract on Lebron.

I agree. I dont think Kobe is on Magic or Birds level. Both were much better leaders.

I think Pippen is over rated. But I'll tell you what. He's better than Wade as a number 2.

You are right Kobe wouldn't have taken the Cavs to the finals. I'll give you that one.

Another way Kobe wins another one you forgot. If Lebron goes to LA. Totally possible now.

Remember the 2004 Pistons? That was a pretty good TEAM effort too. I like it the years the better TEAM beats the better athlete. Ball hogs. I wonder if the Heat will break up. Wade's broken. FINALLY! James is going to LA to help Kobe win one more.

I doubt Lebron is going to go play under Kobe. :lol:

2004 Pistons were good but this is upper level never before seen execution. The Spurs right now could take any team in history and beat them the way they are executing on offense right now.

2004 Pistons were good but this is upper level never before seen execution. The Spurs right now could take any team in history and beat them the way they are executing on offense right now.

Give me a break.

And it would be Kobe playing under Lebron, just like Wade had to. Kobe's old. He'll take one as a role player. A very important role player like Pippen.

And why not? He was Shaq's little brother for 3 championships when he was in his prime. Now he's old. He just wants that 6th ring. Watch, Lebron goes to LA. Where else would he go? Don't be surprised.

I think Pippen is over rated. But I'll tell you what. He's better than Wade as a number 2.

You are right Kobe wouldn't have taken the Cavs to the finals. I'll give you that one.

Another way Kobe wins another one you forgot. If Lebron goes to LA. Totally possible now.

If its at all possible for a HOFer and one of 50 greatest players of all time to be underrated its Pippen. Pip was flat out a baller. Check out the dunk at1:09

and this

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey, why don't you say Buster Douglas is the greatest heavyweight champ of all time? He dismantled Tyson when no one else could.

So while this ass kicking is great, first of all, it's not even over yet. Second of all, you are beating a dysfunctional burnt out tired Heat team. Did the Spurs ever 3peat? No. Why? It takes a lot out of you. Very rarely done. So relax on the greatest of all time teams stuff. LOL. I like them too. If they win it all I think Duncan can be put up there with some of the greatest power forwards of all time. A true Dynasty. Better than our Pistons. It seemed like our Chauncey Billups, Ben & Sheed Wallace Hamilton & Prince core lasted forever and the Duncan Spurs were here before them and still here long after they've all retired. Tim Duncan = Stud. I hated him for 2005 but that's just out of respect. :eusa_shhh:

Give me a break.

And it would be Kobe playing under Lebron, just like Wade had to. Kobe's old. He'll take one as a role player. A very important role player like Pippen.

And why not? He was Shaq's little brother for 3 championships when he was in his prime. Now he's old. He just wants that 6th ring. Watch, Lebron goes to LA. Where else would he go? Don't be surprised.

Kobe has never proven he is comfortable being option 2. Thats why PJ quit coaching the Lakers and wrote a book. What makes you think he will now?

Hey, why don't you say Buster Douglas is the greatest heavyweight champ of all time? He dismantled Tyson when no one else could.

So while this ass kicking is great, first of all, it's not even over yet. Second of all, you are beating a dysfunctional burnt out tired Heat team. Did the Spurs ever 3peat? No. Why? It takes a lot out of you. Very rarely done. So relax on the greatest of all time teams stuff. LOL. I like them too. If they win it all I think Duncan can be put up there with some of the greatest power forwards of all time. A true Dynasty. Better than our Pistons. It seemed like our Chauncey Billups, Ben & Sheed Wallace Hamilton & Prince core lasted forever and the Duncan Spurs were here before them and still here long after they've all retired. Tim Duncan = Stud. I hated him for 2005 but that's just out of respect. :eusa_shhh:

Buster only won the title once. Spurs are working on their 5th with Duncan. I know its not over. That's why I said the way they are playing now they could beat any team in history. I never said they were the greatest team of all time. The Heat are not dysfunctional. They are getting their asses stomped on the defensive end. They are always one step behind the ball and the cutter. The Spurs have not lost focus for 8 quarters now.

If its at all possible for a HOFer and one of 50 greatest players of all time to be underrated its Pippen. Pip was flat out a baller. Check out the dunk at1:09

and this

If he was so good he could have left and been the number one on any other team like Harden did for more money, no? If he didn't, what a dope. Didn't he have $ problems after he retired? Something to do with a plane he purchased?

So if he didn't leave after 1 or 2 rings to go lead his own team, then he is just a second string punk who rode Jordan all the way to 6 rings. I guess Jordan needed him too but you know who ran that team. Easy to be great when Jordan's getting double teamed.

I think we need to update the 50 greatest players of all time list in a few years and see if Pippen is still on that list. :eek:

Buster only won the title once. Spurs are working on their 5th with Duncan. I know its not over. That's why I said the way they are playing now they could beat any team in history. I never said they were the greatest team of all time. The Heat are not dysfunctional. They are getting their asses stomped on the defensive end. They are always one step behind the ball and the cutter. The Spurs have not lost focus for 8 quarters now.

I don't care just keep doing it for 4 more quarters in a row. No way the Heat bounce back from this. NO WAY. Although I wouldn't bet my car on it.

and this

If he was so good he could have left and been the number one on any other team like Harden did for more money, no? If he didn't, what a dope. Didn't he have $ problems after he retired? Something to do with a plane he purchased?

So if he didn't leave after 1 or 2 rings to go lead his own team, then he is just a second string punk who rode Jordan all the way to 6 rings. I guess Jordan needed him too but you know who ran that team. Easy to be great when Jordan's getting double teamed.

I think we need to update the 50 greatest players of all time list in a few years and see if Pippen is still on that list. :eek:

Pippen was about team. He was smart for staying where he was as he helped build it. MJ even said himself that Pip made him better. All MJ had to do was play D and score. Pip ran the team not MJ. He was the go between for MJ and the rest of the players because MJ only really ever trusted Pip.

If they updated the list Pip would still be on it. No other player besides Lebron and can do what he did.

Forum List

Back