Navy SEAL accused of killing teen ISIS fighter, using severed head during ceremony

"Teen Isis fighter"? Why didn't the U.S government prosecute democrat senator John Kerry for killing an unarmed "teen" V.C. fighter and adding insult to injury by recommending himself for a Silver Star. You almost gotta laugh that left wing hypocrites thought it was hilarious that a H'wood actress held up a facsimile of the President's bloody head in a typical left wing hate fest.

John Kerry military service controversy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
During John Kerry's candidacy in the 2004 U.S. presidential campaign, a political issue that gained widespread public attention was Kerry's Vietnam War record. In television advertisements and a book called Unfit for Command, co-authored by John O'Neill and Jerome Corsi, the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth (SBVT), a 527 group later known as the Swift Vets and POWs for Truth, questioned details of his military service record and circumstances relating to the award of his combat medals. Their campaign against Kerry's presidential bid received widespread publicity,[1] but was later discredited and gave rise to the neologism "swiftboating", to describe an unfair or untrue political attack.[2][3] Defenders of Kerry's service record, including former crewmates, stated that allegations made by SBVT were false.

"You almost gotta laugh that left wing hypocrites"

I gotta laugh at right wing hypocrites who don't understand that BEHEADING the dead enemy soldier is telling ALL OF OUR ENEMIES that America REALLY IS that EVIL COUNTRY with NO MORALS that COMMITS ATROCITIES.....just like this one!

I have no doubt that beheading your enemy is something a sick and twisted conservative would delight in. But civilized and decent people do NOT!

We can convert more civilians by BEHAVING like civilized human beings.

Beyond your capability I would imagine.

The Navy outlined its evidence including cell phone photos that show Gallagher holding up the head of the deceased fighter during a reenlistment ceremony.

That evidence is considered privileged and was not shown in court because it could be used as propaganda by enemies of US troops.

The government also said it had a video of the Iraqi fighter before he was killed.

Prosecutors also presented evidence that they say shows that Chief Gallagher tried to bribe fellow SEALs not to talk about the incident to NCIS investigators.

Gallagher's private defense attorney, Phil Stackhouse, questioned conflicts in dates and testimony in court and asked if investigators were able to determine if the ISIS fighter could have died from injuries suffered in an airstrike.

Stackhouse told NBC 7 in an exclusive interview that he's confident his client will be acquitted.

Navy SEAL accused of killing teen ISIS fighter, using severed head during ceremony

That's horrific all the way around.

During WWII japanese propaganda insisted that Americans were VICIOUS MURDERERS who would slaughter their families. Everone believed it. The result: 1. people (civilians) would rather die than be captured by the Americans. So they did.
2. Japanese soldiers, believing that American troops would just slaughter them, fought longer and harder, until the death in most cases, resulting in MORE U.S. casualties!

and that was just because of lying propaganda.

Yet now I see conservatives want to make the lying propaganda actually true!

They actually want us to become heartless murderers.

Which will be used against us by extremist muslims.

Resulting in MORE American deaths.

By beheading enemy soldiers (or committing other atrocities) they are causing the death of even MORE innocent civilians and U.S. troops.

Be American. Do NOT commit atrocities.

One of the things that separates the US military from a lot of other military is that we have discipline and follow rules

w/ all due respect Biker
.....that is exactly why we've lost in the M.E.

~S~

Committing atrocities and taking pictures of them isn't going to help much in the war effort. Matter of fact, crap like that is what makes it easier for ISIL to recruit people, because it's easier to appeal to emotion when you have pictures and stories like this.

Remember Abu Grahib? That little incident got a whole bunch of recruiting propaganda for them.

Following the rule of not defiling corpses or mistreating prisoners isn't going to put you at a military disadvantage. What wins wars is strategy and ordnance, not cutting heads off for some sick propaganda or memory you want to keep.

Interestingly enough, it was some other SEALs who turned him in, even after he tried to bribe them not to say anything.

Bitch! My friend's dad had a dogtag chain with dried Nazi ears on it.

I hope he dunked the head into a barrel of lard.

The Navy outlined its evidence including cell phone photos that show Gallagher holding up the head of the deceased fighter during a reenlistment ceremony.

Promote Gallagher to mad Dog Mattis' former position , and ISIS would be muslim fairytale in no time

~S~

You DO realize that what this SEAL did is against the Geneva Conventions, right?
Honestly I don't give a shit. We can never defeat an enemy that is willing to do anything to win when we have rules that ties our troops hands behind their backs.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Killing prisoners and mutilating their bodies does nothing to help the war effort. As a matter of fact, stuff like that can be used for recruiting propaganda, because it appeals to emotional content. If we allowed our troops to do crap like this, it would become a torture arms race. Whatever we did to theirs, they would try to do worse to ours. I guess you forgot all the fallout from Abu Grahib, didn't you?
I guess we should be accommodating and give them everything they want and they will never attack us or allies again... if you believe that shit you are naive.

One of the things that separates the US military from a lot of other military is that we have discipline and follow rules

w/ all due respect Biker

~S~

Committing atrocities and taking pictures of them isn't going to help much in the war effort. Matter of fact, crap like that is what makes it easier for ISIL to recruit people, because it's easier to appeal to emotion when you have pictures and stories like this.

Remember Abu Grahib? That little incident got a whole bunch of recruiting propaganda for them.

Following the rule of not defiling corpses or mistreating prisoners isn't going to put you at a military disadvantage. What wins wars is strategy and ordnance, not cutting heads off for some sick propaganda or memory you want to keep.

Interestingly enough, it was some other SEALs who turned him in, even after he tried to bribe them not to say anything.

That was before the Geneva Conventions. Those came around because of all the atrocities committed in WWII, as well as the subsequent wars that have happened. If your friend's dad had a dogtag chain with dried Nazi ears on it, then it happened before the Conventions were enacted. If your friends dad tried to do something like that on the battlefield today, they would be brought up on charges.

Sorry, but just because your friends dad did something in WWII, doesn't mean it was right, nor that it would be tolerated today.

w/ all due respect Biker

~S~

That was before the Geneva Conventions. Those came around because of all the atrocities committed in WWII, as well as the subsequent wars that have happened. If your friend's dad had a dogtag chain with dried Nazi ears on it, then it happened before the Conventions were enacted. If your friends dad tried to do something like that on the battlefield today, they would be brought up on charges.

Sorry, but just because your friends dad did something in WWII, doesn't mean it was right, nor that it would be tolerated today.

I say it doesn't mean it was wrong. It was war.

w/ all due respect Biker

~S~

I say it doesn't mean it was wrong. It was war.

So what if it was war? Our current fighting force (with the exception of a couple of idiots), is capable of having enough discipline to not go against the Conventions. Saying that it was war as a way to justify atrocities like corpse mutilation is weak at best.

And, like I said, it was because of atrocities like that and many others committed in WWII that brought about the Geneva Conventions.

Navy SEAL accused of killing teen ISIS fighter.

And this is bad because ...?

Because he killed someone who was already a prisoner, and then mutilated the corpse. Both are illegal under the Geneva Conventions.
First off, Geneva Convention protections do not apply to paramilitary groups like ISIS. Secondly, you don't know that, and third, this is a Navy Seal who was brave enough to venture to a USO in a foreign port, unlike yourself.

That evidence is considered privileged and was not shown in court because it could be used as propaganda by enemies of US troops.

The government also said it had a video of the Iraqi fighter before he was killed.

Prosecutors also presented evidence that they say shows that Chief Gallagher tried to bribe fellow SEALs not to talk about the incident to NCIS investigators.

Gallagher's private defense attorney, Phil Stackhouse, questioned conflicts in dates and testimony in court and asked if investigators were able to determine if the ISIS fighter could have died from injuries suffered in an airstrike.

Stackhouse told NBC 7 in an exclusive interview that he's confident his client will be acquitted.

That's horrific all the way around.
I don't know why people are surprised by this.

It's war.

We ask these guys to killers and ruthlessly fight bloody, deadly battles, but expect them to behave like school teachers with the shooting pauses.

Don't get me wrong. I am not advocating this kind of behavior. The shock and disbelief at hearing of this stuff illustrates how motherfucking clueless most people are about what war does to people.

It comes down to being the better man or nation in a bad situation.

Hard to do, because one such as myself wants to cheerlead moral turpitude

I was wrong to do so

~S~

Promote Gallagher to mad Dog Mattis' former position , and ISIS would be muslim fairytale in no time

~S~

You DO realize that what this SEAL did is against the Geneva Conventions, right?

No i do not Biker, so you'll please excuse my exuberance

What i do know is he is fighting fire w/fire

I like the fact that what he did put the 'fear of allah' (per se') into ISIS , where all our standing armies do not

I'm also all for the dollar solution in all these sh*tholistans ,cost effective, makes our point perfectly clear,and we've the 'supermen' willing to do it

If it makes me a bad man cheerleading our guys fighting bad asses w/their own tactics ,so be it

~S~

We are signers on the Geneva Conventions. That means we don't mistreat prisoners, nor do we torture or mutilate corpses, all which are banned under the Conventions. And yeah, it DOES make you a bad person to be cheering on these atrocities.

One of the things that separates the US military from a lot of other military is that we have discipline and follow rules. The UCMJ, as well as the Geneva Conventions are drilled into us every year during training standowns. If you had served, you would understand that what this SEAL did is beyond horrific, and would also be as outraged as I am.

And, I served over 20 years in the U.S. Navy.

Not overly surprised though. The truth is Navy SEALs border on insane anyway and then some of the things they are asked to do would just make normal people shit their pants, then when they go completely off the reservation people are like "how did that happen?"

~S~

Fuck the Geneva Convention. Serves but one purpose. To give our enemies advantage...

~S~

Duck the Geneva Convention. Serves but one purpose. To give our enemies advantage...

What? I'm a Colonel in the US Army, been serving since I a young man.

My job is designing ways to defeat radical Islam. It's what I do and I can tell you 100% for fact that being animals like they are would not advance that goal one bit.

One of the things that makes us unique as a country is that we show mercy even to our enemies. It's not just something that makes us unique, it's something that makes us one of the most powerful nations in the history of the world.

~S~

Duck the Geneva Convention. Serves but one purpose. To give our enemies advantage...

I'm a Colonel in the US Army, been serving since I a young man.

My job is designing ways to defeat radical Islam. It's what I do and I can tell you 100% for fact that being animals like they are would not advance that goal one bit.

One of the things that makes us unique as a country is that we show mercy even to our enemies. It's not just something that makes us unique, it's something that makes us one of the most powerful nations in the history of the world.
Many of us have, and some still are serving. Unless drafted; it was a choice. Being that this is the internet not many really care...
Fear; always has been, and always will be an effective tool for manipulation. Especially useful when trying to glean information from an enemy who only respects, and understands fear.
Uniqueness doesn’t necessarily infer usefulness. We are the powerhouse we are in spite of our mercy. Not because of it.

~S~

I'm a Colonel in the US Army, been serving since I a young man.

Many of us have, and some still are serving. Unless drafted; it was a choice. Being that this is the internet not many really care...
Fear; always has been, and always will be an effective tool for manipulation. Especially useful when trying to glean information from an enemy who only respects, and understands fear.
Uniqueness doesn’t necessarily infer usefulness. We are the powerhouse we are in spite of our mercy. Not because of it.
and it also is a disadvantage---ie = Japanese WW2

----------------------------------------- feck these foreign europeon conventions BSailor .
~S~

w/ all due respect Biker

~S~

------------------------------------ probably because he tried bribing them which MAY make them complicit BSailor .

----------------------------------------- feck these foreign europeon conventions BSailor .
~S~

-------------------------------------- Gallagher was a dummie for bragging and using his cellphone .

Forum List

Back