National unemployment hits 10.2%

In the unemployment chart first posted by CMike, and then KittenKoder, how come Bush gets credit for the last two Clinton years?

Bill Clinton is usually regarded the First African American President in U. S. History!

Are we on to something, here?

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(20% Afrikaner, 80% Not Too Up On Things: It's getting so hard to tell the Presidents apart--who are not on the money! At least now, none of it goes to starving children in Kenya(?)! Mostly, anyone could probably guess that(?)!)

Last edited:
Let's see...

When did the Dems take control of Both Houses of Congress?

10 months before the economy fell into recession.

I have asked people who make this point to show legislation passed by Congress and signed by President Bush in those 10 months which caused to the recession, but so far, no one has.

If anyone wishes to demonstrate which pieces of legislation passed by the Democrat Congress and signed by President Bush in those 10 months causing the most serious financial crisis and economic recession since the 1930s, I would be interested in seeing it.

Last edited:
How old are you?

Your question reveals your unutterable incapability in discussing grown up issues. Move on.

It's the highest unemployment rate since 1983, in other words the highest unemployment rate since 2 years into Reagan's first term.

Heh, i knew it wouldn't take long for some moonbat clown to say this. I hate to tell you, but yes, it is Obama's fault. He told us that horrid budget and stimulus would stop this and he was wrong, way wrong. I remember back in the early 80s Reagan telling us it would take a while to get this correct. The 1984 campaign slogan was "Stay the course" because things were just turning the corner....

That led to the economic expansion that brought us up to the recent huge drop off, which was caused by the excesses of the government and public in credit for the last 15 years or so. The thing is, HE TOOK THE RIGHT STEPS WHICH TOOK TIME TO TAKE EFFECT, AND HE SAID THAT UPFRONT. Refreshingly honest and effective, neither apply to the empty suit in the White House......

So, what really happen with the stimulus? Remember, with the stimulus jobless rate shouldn't rise above 8% and stimulus will create 3.5 million jobs. What do we have is, couple of million jobs lost, money gone and endless WH assurances that "stimulus is working".

toon_stimulus_working.jpg

Beside $787 billion stimulus that hasn't been spent yet, Obama signed another stimulus bill of $24 billion aimed to extend benefits to first time home buyers and long term unemployed. We know where that money is going, don't we?

Obama to Sign $24B Economic Stimulus Bill

Mo' money for brother on welfare.

obamablltw6.gif

Tell us again what the unemployment rate was when Obama came into office? And what what was the deficit?

Not to mention what Obama SAID the rate would be at it's worst... and how higher taxes will actually help job creation...

And if they want a little primer on what actually creates jobs... I am sure that a few of us can actually explain that to them

Oh yes....creating jobs

Can you show me all those "trickle down" jobs that came out of the Bush tax cuts?

Too bad he wasn't smart enough to use the "saved" jobs bullshit eh ? ..... :eek:

Remember this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2MjQ17kDng]YouTube - Obama vs Obama on the Stimulus[/ame]

And the far right wing here cannot refute that the economy in the first ten months under Obama is doing better, in a much worse recession, than it did under Reagan in his third full year.

Yep, you guys are irrelevant to the political process.

And the far right wing here cannot refute that the economy in the first ten months under Obama is doing better, in a much worse recession, than it did under Reagan in his third full year.

Post #124 is your friend .....

How old are you?

Your question reveals your unutterable incapability in discussing grown up issues. Move on.

Just wondering what your scope of personal experience with living and working has been. Your comments indicate that it's too not much.

I suppose, if you're young and hold these beliefs, there's not much point in discussing them with you as you already know it all.

If you're old and hold these beliefs, there's not much point in discussing them with you as you have closed your mind.

Your decision to not discuss it with me shows only that you don't want to discuss it.

I am not going to try to make some kind of excuse because I can't and won't.
And I'm not going to try to paint a "not SO bad" picture of the unemployment numbers, because they are terrifying. Thank god I have a job.
But reading the posts here I really think a lot of you are just plain nutty.
To think that the president of The United States would be ACTIVELY trying to bring down this country is absolutely ludicrous.
You have to see that..right?
I mean the previous administration was PROVEN to have done things that have turned out to be great detriment to our country in many aspects. But I don't for a minute think these tragic missteps were done to purposefully harm the country.
C'mon...we are all Americans.

That's because you're an adult who sees things as they are, instead of the childish black-and-white worldview of the right.

Let's see...

When did the Dems take control of Both Houses of Congress?

10 months before the economy fell into recession.

I have asked people who make this point to show legislation passed by Congress and signed by President Bush in those 10 months which caused to the recession, but so far, no one has.

If anyone wishes to demonstrate which pieces of legislation passed by the Democrat Congress and signed by President Bush in those 10 months causing the most serious financial crisis and economic recession since the 1930s, I would be interested in seeing it.

This debacle actually started (probably) during the Nixon Administration with the Guns and Butter policies ruining the economy in conjunction with the rising oil prices and the advent of OPEC. By 1980, interest rates were about 13% for a home mortgage and were regulated to the extent that it was fast becoming imposible for most folks to buy a home.

The banking industry was being pressured by the politicians of both parties to make loans, but could not due to the regulation of doing so. In 1980, the lending industry was deregulated so loans could be made with less constrained rules and greater creativity and higher rates for riskier burrowers. What was previously known as a "Bridge Loan" gained various faces and in the 90's turned into the Sub Prime loan.

From 1980 forward, there have been changes in the control of Congress and the White House. There's plenty of blame to go around. The S&L Crisis of the 1980's was a wake up call that was slept through.

This is almost the definition of the "Slippery Slope".

The Dems under Reagan and the Reps under Clinton and the Reps under Bush and the Dems under Bush all managed to ignor this right up until it blew up. The Dems under Bush, though, had to be able to see it coming. If you Google "Subprime Problems", there is article after article from early 2007 that something bad is happening and these articles are not in some hidden trade journal, but in sources like Business Week and the NY Times.

So what does this show us? For me, it shows that politicians are both clueless and blameless when it comes to the economy unless they actively interfere with it.

The Dems under Bush didn't do much to interfere. The Dems under Obama? Different story. Has there been a revision of the regulations that allowed Sub Prime? Seems like that would have been called for by circumstance. Was it called for by the Congress?

Sins of omission are still sins.

Please, give us a demonstration of where the President has shown that he 'loves' this country and wants to 'serve' this country.
Tell us where he has been 'decisive' as a leader.
Tell us where he has been 'decisive' as Commander an Chief; we have guys in the middle east, catching bullets while this guy claims to be thinking, what' the matter, didn't George Soros visit him again and tell him what to do?
Please explain to us how running up the national debt on luxury giv-aways (health care for all, cap n trade, a green tax imposed by the UN will be signed by him in Copenhagen) will help this country.
I don't want idealistic statements, I want results. Show where something actually happened, like transparency...not, no lobbyists...not, bringing people together...not (he has gone out of his way to marginalize and attack several groups), bringing change and accountability to DC...not.

The only results this administration is offering is: changing us from citizens to subjects [of the USA (via the health care reform bills), via the UN (by signing a treaty in Copenhagen that will superceed our Constitution), and robbing the population and the country to buy a position in the 'global gov' his buddy George has been working towards, since WWII.
Do you support his policies?

Whenever I see a con bring up Soros, I know immediately not to take his/her post seriously. The fact that you just posted a bunch of Michele Bachmann paranoia pretty much supports that.

:lol:

Please, give us a demonstration of where the President has shown that he 'loves' this country and wants to 'serve' this country.
Tell us where he has been 'decisive' as a leader.
Tell us where he has been 'decisive' as Commander an Chief; we have guys in the middle east, catching bullets while this guy claims to be thinking, what' the matter, didn't George Soros visit him again and tell him what to do?
Please explain to us how running up the national debt on luxury giv-aways (health care for all, cap n trade, a green tax imposed by the UN will be signed by him in Copenhagen) will help this country.
I don't want idealistic statements, I want results. Show where something actually happened, like transparency...not, no lobbyists...not, bringing people together...not (he has gone out of his way to marginalize and attack several groups), bringing change and accountability to DC...not.

The only results this administration is offering is: changing us from citizens to subjects [of the USA (via the health care reform bills), via the UN (by signing a treaty in Copenhagen that will superceed our Constitution), and robbing the population and the country to buy a position in the 'global gov' his buddy George has been working towards, since WWII.
Do you support his policies?

Whenever I see a con bring up Soros, I know immediately not to take his/her post seriously. The fact that you just posted a bunch of Michele Bachmann paranoia pretty much supports that.

:lol:

It's the same effect as posts with "but Bush" in it.

Far right wing as in Conservative, as in less government, as in liberty for all, as in free speech, as in low taxes and control over corporations, you mean that far right?

Obama is doing better, having created more debt in ten months than Reagan created in 8 years. Obama is doing better, hell the UAW now owns GM along with the government. The economy is better now? Even though since Clinton took office we lost over 50,000 factories to china and Obama literally said, "those jobs are gone forever". What a prick.

Food prices are sky high, debt is piling up, unemployment is rising, governnment spending is racking up generational debt, Obama want to give money to africa to pay for our global warming damage. Obama states we are going to suffer, things are going to be hard, for a long time.

And this is better than Reagan.

Obama was a Senator for four years, Democrats have had a majority in congress almost four years now, prior to being a majority democrats had enough votes and power to filibuster anything they liked the entire last term of Bush.

So what reponsibility does Congress have for our financial mess, total responsibility, total guilt, and Obama is a part of that Congress for four years, and now Obama has 5 years in office at the top level of government.

Obama did not inherit nothing.

Obama is a Lawyer, dont that say enough, Lawyer scum.

Forum List

Back