Obama, The Insensitive One

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
After news broke out of the shooting at the Fort Hood Army post in Texas, the nation watched in horror as the toll of dead and injured climbed. The White House was notified immediately and by late afternoon, word went out that the president would speak about the incident prior to a previously scheduled appearance. At about 5 p.m., cable stations went to the president. The situation called for not only his trademark eloquence, but also grace and perspective.

But instead of a somber chief executive offering reassuring words and expressions of sympathy and compassion, viewers saw a wildly disconnected and inappropriately light president making introductory remarks. At the event, a Tribal Nations Conference hosted by the Department of Interior's Bureau of Indian affairs, the president thanked various staffers and offered a "shout-out" to "Dr. Joe Medicine Crow -- that Congressional Medal of Honor winner." Three minutes in, the president spoke about the shooting, in measured and appropriate terms. Who is advising him?

Obama's Frightening Insensitivity Following Shooting | NBC Chicago

Eloquence, grace, perspective? Try sham, empty suit, buffoon.

I saw that when he came on tv...expected him to go right into talking about the shootings, but no...he had to blubber about crap that nobody cared about. My jaw literally dropped! He doesn't care about this...it's not his family, or his friends. We already know he doesn't care about the military. He's just doing what he has to do when he responds to these things. Can't wait till he's out of office...if our country lasts that long!

I thought Liberals were over-sensitive........ let's all talk about our feelings now.

If ever there was a Cum-bay-ya moment, yesterday's presser was it and Barryboy blew it!

I was floored that he didn't approach the mike with a somber tone befitting a funeral, but he didn't. He seemed almost jovial (at first), and definitely very disconnected from the reality on the ground at Ft. Hood.

I suppose the libbies who like to joke about Bush's reaction to 9/11 when he was reading the book to school children now have exactly NO room to talk. Eh? :eusa_eh:

Barry's an insensitive ass, that's a fact jack. Only 3 more years of his worthless stupid self and then we can say Sayonara, So Long Sucker! to him.

Thank God!

Last edited:
After news broke out of the shooting at the Fort Hood Army post in Texas, the nation watched in horror as the toll of dead and injured climbed. The White House was notified immediately and by late afternoon, word went out that the president would speak about the incident prior to a previously scheduled appearance. At about 5 p.m., cable stations went to the president. The situation called for not only his trademark eloquence, but also grace and perspective.

But instead of a somber chief executive offering reassuring words and expressions of sympathy and compassion, viewers saw a wildly disconnected and inappropriately light president making introductory remarks. At the event, a Tribal Nations Conference hosted by the Department of Interior's Bureau of Indian affairs, the president thanked various staffers and offered a "shout-out" to "Dr. Joe Medicine Crow -- that Congressional Medal of Honor winner." Three minutes in, the president spoke about the shooting, in measured and appropriate terms. Who is advising him?

From the article you linked....it says it all:

All the president's men (and women) fell down on the job Thursday.

There's no two ways about it, they fell down....HARD.

maybe a compassionate conservative should give Obama some pointers on sensitvity....but who?

wow-dirty-dick.jpg

Maybe Dick Cheney could ?

try "blase'"

It seems to me that when the president comes out to address the public on such a tragic event, that it should take priority. The fact that he addresses the Native American conference FIRST and then proceeds to talk about the Ft Hood tragedy as if an after thought just boggles the mind!! I doubt that this will make it to the board as it's a criticism of our illustrous leader. Just something that I observed being that I was waiting anxiously for his comments regarding this tragedy and had to sit and wait until he was good and ready to address it.

threads merged- del

Dr. Joe Medicine Crow did not win the Congressional Medal of Honor. He was awarded the Medal of Freedom, last August, by Mr. Obama himself. You'd think he'd know the difference. I mean, he was there when it happened.

It seems to me that when the president comes out to address the public on such a tragic event, that it should take priority. The fact that he addresses the Native American conference FIRST and then proceeds to talk about the Ft Hood tragedy as if an after thought just boggles the mind!! I doubt that this will make it to the board as it's a criticism of our illustrous leader. Just something that I observed being that I was waiting anxiously for his comments regarding this tragedy and had to sit and wait until he was good and ready to address it.
Yeah, I'm sure you thought that up all by yourself. :lol:

Listen puppet, I'm not one of those that have to be told when to sit and when to stand as many of those who voted for this useless man. I have my own mind and use it. Something that I believe you have a hard time with. I have not heard anything about this on the media - in neither the conservative nor the liberal - much to my dismay.

'But instead of a somber chief executive offering reassuring words and expressions of sympathy and compassion, viewers saw a wildly disconnected and inappropriately light president making introductory remarks. At the event, a Tribal Nations Conference hosted by the Department of Interior's Bureau of Indian affairs, the president thanked various staffers and offered a "shout-out" to "Dr. Joe Medicine Crow -- that Congressional Medal of Honor winner." Three minutes in, the president spoke about the shooting, in measured and appropriate terms. Who is advising him?'

Thank you! I'm so glad that someone else picked up on this. I was hoping that the TV media would have addressed it. Glad to hear that NBC Chicago addressed it. I for one have not heard any of this on TV nor on any media in So. Ca. Maybe and hopefully I just missed it. When one surrounds oneself with a bunch of marxist radicals, there is NO sensitivity.

Listen puppet, I'm not one of those that have to be told when to sit and when to stand as many of those who voted for this useless man. I have my own mind and use it. Something that I believe you have a hard time with. I have not heard anything about this on the media - in neither the conservative nor the liberal - much to my dismay.
uh huh...you were waiting anxiously for words from a useless man.

Tool.

'uh huh...you were waiting anxiously for words from a useless man.'
Tool.

Hope - a never ending expectation.

Forum List

Back