Natalie Portman Pulls Out of Genesis Prize Ceremony in Israel

Genesis Prize cancels 'Jewish Nobel' award ceremony after agent for Jerusalem-born actress says she 'does not feel comfortable participating in any public events in Israel'

Natalie Portman refuses to visit Israel to accept prize, citing ‘recent events’

OK, I don't feel comfortable to see her in Israel at all.

People like her have no perspective in Jewishness. They eventually assimilate, and Israel will stay as a Jewish state. Israel doesn't need these people.
The Real PERSPECTIVE IS THAT THEY ARE NOT JEWS AT ALL BUT SYNTHETIC ZIONIST TRASH......Good on the Lady for TELLING IT HOW IT IS,LIKE MOST DECENT JEWS SHE IS NOT A ZIONIST TERRORIST.....FCUC ZIONIST ISRAEL,JUST WHO DO THESE SYNTHETICS THINK THEY ARE...I WILL TELL YOU THIEVES AND BAD DEEDS

RE: Natalie Portman Pulls Out of Genesis Prize Ceremony in Israel
※→ et al,

(COMMENT)

I certainly don't see what the Big Deal is. I may be wrong, but the entire idea of the "Genesis Prize" is to recognize the actress in her professional accomplishments and achievements.

Whatever she believes politically or religiously, does not change her accumulated lifetime of accomplishments and achievements.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
Because Jew atheists are still considered...Jews!
By whom? Jew atheists? Fair enough, I'll always accept self definitions, other people's definitions...not so much.
By good German Catholics who murdered 6,000,000 of us.

BS, those were Protestants, and many Roman Catholics got killed as well, JW, disabled, homosexuals. Also its a fallacy that 6 million Jews got killed.

Tell us please, how many got killed and where’s your proof? Another Holocaust denier

※→ et al,

(COMMENT)

I certainly don't see what the Big Deal is. I may be wrong, but the entire idea of the "Genesis Prize" is to recognize the actress in her professional accomplishments and achievements.

Whatever she believes politically or religiously, does not change her accumulated lifetime of accomplishments and achievements.

Most Respectfully,
R

Um... yeah, I still haven't forgiven her for the awful Star Wars Prequels...

She's had a better career than the other stars of those films, I'll give her that.

Genesis Prize cancels 'Jewish Nobel' award ceremony after agent for Jerusalem-born actress says she 'does not feel comfortable participating in any public events in Israel'

People like her have no perspective in Jewishness. They eventually assimilate, and Israel will stay as a Jewish state. Israel doesn't need these people.
This is true. There are millions of Bolsheviks looking for a place to lie and loiter

※→ et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
I suppose she's the only Israeli celebrity that boycotts Israel. And she does it exactly in time when Israel celebrates her 70 anniversary - the biggest prize to BDS.

Somehow when she accepted the prize in December she didn't notice that Netanyahu is always the main speaker at the Genesis Prize ceremony.

While her attempt at damage control might mollify her liberal Zionist friends who were fearful at how BDS was now openly welcoming her as one of them, Portman's antipathy towards Netanyahu is misplaced. Because, while he definitely has faults and has made some major mistakes, Netanyahu has been one of Israel's best prime ministers by any measure.

Bibi has managed to balance his short term political interests in remaining in power with a long-term strategy for Israel that has been astonishingly successful. His economic policies are in no small part responsible for Israel's status as the "Start-Up Nation." He has pivoted Israel from political dependence on the US to creating and strengthening Israel's ties with Russia, China, many African countries and especially India, which has turned from an enemy into a friend.

From a peace perspective, his emphasis of strategy over tactics has completely changed the politics of the Middle East, as Israel is now a de facto ally of Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states, in addition to never-better security and economic cooperation with Jordan and Egypt. This is not just amazing; it is miraculous. That's the stuff that, in a sane world, would win a Nobel Peace Prize.

As far as I can tell, Portman has only specifically condemned Netanyahu once, calling him a "racist" when he said "Arab voters are heading to the polling stations in droves. Left-wing NGOs are bringing them in buses.”

But that quote was taken out of context and misunderstood, and Bibi clarified his statements quickly. His record in serving Arab communities in Israel is almost certainly better than any other prime minister, both before and after the comments (which apologized for, twice.) Also under his tenure Israel has shown itself to be more liberal in its stance towards Muslims than most European countries are. The number of Arabs working in Israel's civil service and volunteering for the army has increased dramatically under Netanyahu.

Portman seems to have missed all of this.

(full article online)

Natalie Portman is wrong about Bibi, too. She should apologize for her ignorance. ~ Elder Of Ziyon - Israel News

Oh gee, a Hollywood leftie actress that happens to also be anti Israel. How unusual!

Oh gee, a Hollywood leftie actress that happens to also be anti Israel. How unusual!
Lefty or Righty, she is basically ignorant of the facts.

Diplomacy and education would work out much better than some of the bashing the media, etc has been seen to do.

How to win people without scaring them to death.

It's not about Hollywood. Substantial part of Jewish Americans become more and more hostile toward Israel with their idol Bernie Sanders.

Lefty or Righty, she is basically ignorant of the facts.

Diplomacy and education would work out much better than some of the bashing the media, etc has been seen to do.

How to win people without scaring them to death.
Portman is not a victim of her own ignorance. She acts according to her political and ideological views.

It's not about Hollywood. Substantial part of Jewish Americans become more and more hostile toward Israel with their idol Bernie Sanders.

What You're doing here is unknowingly attributing symptoms of a phenomena that started 200 years ago to BDS or some (relatively) insignificant US politician - this is wrong and misleading.

Yes Portman used to do calls for Obama,
original.jpg

but at the root -it has nothing to do directly with politics.

For perspective: Average American family has 2.2 children, average American Jewish family only 1.9. However if looking closer - Orthodox Jews have 4.1 kids in average, while Reformists have only 1.7.

In less than 50 years 1 in 3 Israelis is an Orthodox.
Q.What are Your conclusions?

Portman is Jewish and she was born in Israel.

she just realizes, like any decent person should, that if your country is based on stealing land and oppressing the people who live there, you really can't call yourself moral.

There's an assumption that Israel is all about the right wing politics its government inflicts, but the reality is there are left wing Israelis who think their govt are a bunch of pricks.

What You're doing here is unknowingly attributing symptoms of a phenomena that started 200 years ago to BDS or some (relatively) insignificant US politician - this is wrong and misleading.
What started 200 years ago? And how it is connected to Israel?
Yes Portman used to do calls for Obama,
original.jpg

but at the root -it has nothing to do directly with politics.
Of course it was about politic. Portman supported Obama's campaign.
For perspective: Average American family has 2.2 children, average American Jewish family only 1.9. However if looking closer - Orthodox Jews have 4.1 kids in average, while Reformists have only 1.7.
And? I think that the Orthodox community in the US is mostly increasing thanks to ultra-Orthodox Jews, that never supported Israel, to say the least.
In less than 50 years 1 in 3 Israelis is an Orthodox.
I suppose the forecast is related to ultra-Orthodox community in Israel. And? You think this forecast makes me happy? Nope.
Q.What are Your conclusions?
There is already a big rip between Israeli and American Jews. And it looks like this rip will increase. Unfortunately.

I'm guessing Natalie didn't boycott Bozo Obama when he meddled in Israel's election.

It has nothing to do with Obama or whoever.
People are either logical or illogical.

A Jew will either support Israel (Schumer ), or they will not (Sanders) depending on how their minds see the world.

"Ultra" Orthodox (Haredi?) are a small minority and they do not speak for the rest of the Jewish population, in America or in Israel. They make a lot of noise, but that is as far as it goes.

On one side, we have Scarlet Johansson who supports Israel, on the other we have Natalie Portman who from what we know ( and I do not know anything really ) at the moment does not.

As I put it before, it is a matter of educating them and not attacking them. When people are attacked they hold on faster to what they believe in.

We do not know who spoke to her, what sources Natalie looked at in order to only say that she was not happy with what was happening in Gaza at the time.

We do know what was happening because we looked at all of the sources and information.

Now, how to make her and many other Jews look at all of the sources before they come to the conclusions they do.

As far as the Haredi groups, they will never change their minds because they believe the Messiah must come first as it is written in order for Israel to have the right to be free again.

So, who is going to step up and use diplomacy and not the club ?

I'm guessing Natalie didn't boycott Bozo Obama when he meddled in Israel's election.
Nor did she have anything to say when Obama stabbed Israel in the back at the UN in the last few days of his disastrous presidency.

Israel's Massacres of Gaza Protesters Force Liberal Zionists to Face Oppressive Reality

Forum List

Back