Blame Bibi: Natalie Portman explains her decision for declining award in Israel

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Good for Ms Portman.

Natalie Portman explains her decision for declining award in Israel

“I chose not to attend because I did not want to appear as endorsing Benjamin Netanyahu,” she said

Oscar-winning actress and director Natalie Portman, who was awarded the 2018 Genesis Prize, has declined to participate in the ceremony in her honor, which was set to take place in June in Jerusalem. Her representatives say she has been distressed over "recent events" in Israel.

Observers have speculated that Portman is referring to the killing of Palestinian protestors on the Gaza border in ongoing protests over the past month. Human Rights Watch called the killings "unlawful," with nearly 40 Palestinians slain, including a Palestinian journalist said to be wearing a distinct press vest.

Amid the backlash from Israeli politicians, Portman, who is Israeli-American, elaborated. "My decision not to attend the Genesis Prize ceremony has been mischaracterized by others," she wrote on her Instagram. "Let me speak for myself. I chose not to attend because I did not want to appear as endorsing Benjamin Netanyahu, who was to be giving a speech at the ceremony."

<more>

That's Natalie's right, of course, but a peace movement isn't going to change Hamas' desire to kill every Jew in Israel and make what Hitler did look like amateur hour.

Millions of Jews were murdered during the Holocaust. Israel was set up to give Jews a refuge from those that wish them harm. Of course, the Jew-hating Arabs were unwilling to "tolerate" the Jews and have been seeking to kill them every since Israel was established. Naturally, the Godless, soulless western liberals align with the Jew-hating Arabs.

Natalie knows what's good for her Hollyweird career and supporting Israel would NOT go over well with the Israel-hating, Hollyweird liberals nor the legions of western libtards. So, Natalie sold out her countrymen in favor of her wallet as well as to be admired by wackos like the OP of this thread.

Who knows...

hey

I kind of

tend to like Bibi more

than that idiot ...natalie portman

but then

what does one knows....

like one always say lol

Forum List

Back