Natalie Portman Pulls Out of Genesis Prize Ceremony in Israel

well lets see, is jew a culture or someone who practices Judaism?
Whatever is convenient for the moment seems to be the default setting.
Being a Jew is defined by birth.
Being Jew-ish is defined by behavior.
Three generations of not being Jew-ish usually results in a Christian.
So much for being an atheist or agnostic.

That is why there are so many atheist jews.
The German Enlightment and Moses Mendelsohn.
And yet...The Holocaust.
Because Jew atheists are still considered...Jews!

Not according to David Silverman, who use to be head of the atheist assoc. I refuse to make WWII about you know what, and I also think that atheist are not jews. Jew is not a culture but is someone who practices Judaism.

I'll accept someone calling themselves a Catholic atheist, even though I'll snigger at the thought.

well lets see, is jew a culture or someone who practices Judaism?
Whatever is convenient for the moment seems to be the default setting.
Being a Jew is defined by birth.
Being Jew-ish is defined by behavior.
Three generations of not being Jew-ish usually results in a Christian.
So much for being an atheist or agnostic.

That is why there are so many atheist jews.
The German Enlightment and Moses Mendelsohn.
And yet...The Holocaust.

Not according to David Silverman, who use to be head of the atheist assoc. I refuse to make WWII about you know what, and I also think that atheist are not jews. Jew is not a culture but is someone who practices Judaism.
Because I care what an atheist says...

By whom? Jew atheists? Fair enough, I'll always accept self definitions, other people's definitions...not so much.
By good German Catholics who murdered 6,000,000 of us.

BS, those were Protestants, and many Roman Catholics got killed as well, JW, disabled, homosexuals. Also its a fallacy that 6 million Jews got killed.
Uh huh.

Genesis Prize cancels 'Jewish Nobel' award ceremony after agent for Jerusalem-born actress says she 'does not feel comfortable participating in any public events in Israel'

Natalie Portman refuses to visit Israel to accept prize, citing ‘recent events’

OK, I don't feel comfortable to see her in Israel at all.

People like her have no perspective in Jewishness. They eventually assimilate, and Israel will stay as a Jewish state. Israel doesn't need these people.

Portman is Jewish and she was born in Israel.

she just realizes, like any decent person should, that if your country is based on stealing land and oppressing the people who live there, you really can't call yourself moral.

In general, American Jews are Democrats. Israeli Jews are Sabras and patriots surrounded by enemies.

Depends what you mean by "patriots." Many Israelis, including a large portion of my family there, are Leftist.

Genesis Prize cancels 'Jewish Nobel' award ceremony after agent for Jerusalem-born actress says she 'does not feel comfortable participating in any public events in Israel'

Natalie Portman refuses to visit Israel to accept prize, citing ‘recent events’

OK, I don't feel comfortable to see her in Israel at all.

People like her have no perspective in Jewishness. They eventually assimilate, and Israel will stay as a Jewish state. Israel doesn't need these people.

Portman is Jewish and she was born in Israel.

she just realizes, like any decent person should, that if your country is based on stealing land and oppressing the people who live there, you really can't call yourself moral.

In general, American Jews are Democrats. Israeli Jews are Sabras and patriots surrounded by enemies.

Depends what you mean by "patriots." Many Israelis, including a large portion of my family there, are Leftist.
Most of my and my wife’s relatives are completely assimilated.
They are also mostly intermarried.

By whom? Jew atheists? Fair enough, I'll always accept self definitions, other people's definitions...not so much.

BS, those were Protestants, and many Roman Catholics got killed as well, JW, disabled, homosexuals. Also its a fallacy that 6 million Jews got killed.

By the best estimates, 5,700,000 Jews were killed, though other estimates put it as high as 5,900,000. Is that what you mean that 6 million Jews weren't killed? If you count all the undocumented cases in the Soviet Union, the number could well exceed over 6 million.

By the best estimates, 5,700,000 Jews were killed, though other estimates put it as high as 5,900,000. Is that what you mean that 6 million Jews weren't killed? If you count all the undocumented cases in the Soviet Union, the number could well exceed over 6 million.
The six million number was calculated by the still Jew hating State Department.
Yes, my wife’s cousin works there and most of his co-workers hate Israel.

The only reason why the people surrounding them are "enemies" is because they moved into their part of the world an stole their stuff.

HElllllllooooo.... Kind of like if you went into a biker bar and picked a fight with the weakest biker there, and then got all surprised when his buddies all starting attacking you.

She is not kosher, works on Shabbos and Homy Days and married a non-Jew.
She had no emotional connection to God.
She was born in Israel and that’s where her connection with her God ends.

Guy, it strikes me that if you claim to be God's very favorite monkeys, and He let's half of you get exterminated, maybe your "connection" isn't as tight as you think it is.

Before the Jewish invasion, 20-25% of the Palestinians were Christian. They saw the writing on the wall, had money, and most got the hell out of there before the shit hit the fan.

The only reason why the people surrounding them are "enemies" is because they moved into their part of the world an stole their stuff.

HElllllllooooo.... Kind of like if you went into a biker bar and picked a fight with the weakest biker there, and then got all surprised when his buddies all starting attacking you.

Never pick the weakest one.

Forum List

Back