Natalie Portman Pulls Out of Genesis Prize Ceremony in Israel

By good German Catholics who murdered 6,000,000 of us.

Let's not let the protestants off the hook.

So um, you guys respond to an attempted genocide by Christians by stealing the lands of Muslims, and then wonder why they are pissed at you.

Dumbass, there were no Protestants during the Crusades! Go back to school!

Politics is but one narrow perspective, if we look broader into Jewish communities in the West things become clearer. Because although this case was attempted to be used for politics is kust a symptom of a longer process. Momentary comments on the situation aka "politic discourse" are merely that - momentary and pretty shallow.
What started 200 years ago? And how it is connected to Israel?
Reform movement.

Of course it was about politic. Portman supported Obama's campaign.

Historically, as far as I understand, the issue of Jewish communal support abroad is not a function of the politics in each country. Its an inner communal issue.
Kurds support Kurdistan no matter who's the president of the US, some young might not care at all who rules Kurdish provinces or disagree with them- again it's an inner process.

Support for each countries' inner politics is a function of the community, how their basic philosophy expresses with time through the changing available options.
Each new rule is limited to one man's life. Community basic philosophy develops much slower, and has more influence (in and out).

And? I think that the Orthodox community in the US is mostly increasing thanks to ultra-Orthodox Jews, that never supported Israel, to say the least.

Ok, it's a simple process to imagine:

US traditional Jewish community gets younger and stronger in numbers, it's the most likely community to keep a strong Jewish identity for the next 200 years. Though remember I was talking about less than 50 year.

Israeli Jewish community is having in itself interesting trends compared to its' neighbors.
And at the same time getting more traditional too.

This is just 70 years after the state was built. That's a fast trend.
Israel in whole, anywhere, is on a good path to an understanding. Based on our roots rather than on politics.

I suppose the forecast is related to ultra-Orthodox community in Israel. And? You think this forecast makes me happy? Nope.

Do You know who was Rabbi Uziel ? The Moyal family? Rabbi Israel ben Eliezer?
Looks to me those extreme terms will be gone. Look at the young religious community, our future "ultra orthodox", many, many of them are people who came from the Teshuva "movement"...
I think the result will be in a more welcoming society rather than strict and closed like people in the west might imagine. It's definitely not Hellenism, but ingathering and agreement from all "extremes" on the map. Including those who pretend to be marxists, who'll find what appeals them in Judaism, and the "world travelers", who'll find the most beautiful poetry and nature of their homeland...

Think about how many traditional people work in hi-tech?
Think Young. ;)

There is already a big rip between Israeli and American Jews. And it looks like this rip will increase. Unfortunately.

I see a different process.

Last edited:
Genesis Prize cancels 'Jewish Nobel' award ceremony after agent for Jerusalem-born actress says she 'does not feel comfortable participating in any public events in Israel'

Natalie Portman refuses to visit Israel to accept prize, citing ‘recent events’

OK, I don't feel comfortable to see her in Israel at all.

People like her have no perspective in Jewishness. They eventually assimilate, and Israel will stay as a Jewish state. Israel doesn't need these people.

a true patriotic american who doesnt turn a blind eye to the atrocities of Israel.:clap2: I was a big fan of here before,now i a HUGE fan of her not as just a good actress but as person as well.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Because Jew atheists are still considered...Jews!
By whom? Jew atheists? Fair enough, I'll always accept self definitions, other people's definitions...not so much.

BS, those were Protestants, and many Roman Catholics got killed as well, JW, disabled, homosexuals. Also its a fallacy that 6 million Jews got killed.

yeah millions have been brainwashed on that,you have exposed that very well in the past.:2up:

Because Jew atheists are still considered...Jews!
By whom? Jew atheists? Fair enough, I'll always accept self definitions, other people's definitions...not so much.

BS, those were Protestants, and many Roman Catholics got killed as well, JW, disabled, homosexuals. Also its a fallacy that 6 million Jews got killed.

yeah millions have been brainwashed on that,you have exposed that very well in the past.:2up:
Yeah, because Hitler wrote about killing Christians in
Mein Kampf...morons.

There is already a big rip between Israeli and American Jews. And it looks like this rip will increase. Unfortunately.
I see a different process.
Event meant to build bridges between Israel and Diaspora goes up in flames

Yes another set of symptoms of what I was talking about.
With one mistake on my part - I didn't realize that 'traditional' meant conservative in the current lexicon. My understanding of the word was closer to 'Torah observant', without a certain denomination.

If we look into denominations then again the orthodox - no ultra or extra or super... has the future.
Even the parallel to the American Conservative denomination, the "masorti" in Israel is deeply orthodox in the way they value Rabbinate and Torah. In the diaspora the "conservative" is a position on Jewish law, and especially the Rabbinate.

That's why I'm saying the future is back to roots rather than these modern denominations.
The experiment is coming to its' conclusion, Rachel's children are coming home.

From the article:

"A panel discussion hosted by JTS and the Schechter Institute on the religious divide between American Jewry and Israel becomes a microcosm of the widening rift"

- This has nothing to do with such panels. Frankly those are a parody.
Real meetings happen between Rabbis of the generation.
Like between the Lubavitche Rebbe, Ashknaz Chieff Rabbi and Rishon l'Zion of Israel.
As long as such Rabbis talk and marry their children we're on a good path.

"The two Conservative rabbis on the panel — both American born — cited Israel’s compliance with the Chief Rabbinate as the main issue behind the Israel-Diaspora divide. However, Orthodox Israeli Rabbi Lau, whose cousin is Rabbi David Lau and uncle is Rabbi Yisrael Meir Lau — the current and former Ashkenazi chief rabbi of Israel — claimed intermarriage and assimilation in the US as culpable for the disconnect. And MK Azaria pushed for a new method to stop the madness."

- I agree with Rabbi Lau.
Going against the Rabbinate while claiming to unify - looks like a self defeating tactic if one cares about the basic traditions of Israel. I'm not talking on a personal level, but about heritage.
No one is going to rewrite the Torah to favor some passing fashion, neither the Passover Haggadah. History shows no one managed to do this without creating a whole new religion.
Jews stay Jews.

"Israeli Judaism needs branding"

- Again this is another symptom, that US "conservative' is becoming irrelevant.
Modern denominations need new brands to keep a flow.
Israel is not a "new brand" in Judaism.

And the majority of young observant Jews are deeply Zionist, in the true traditional meaning of the word - either the folks of the Teshiva "movement" or the average Orthodox family exactly like in Israel. That they make less noise is because they're more in the center, being critical of the govt while truly traditional and Zionist in that manner.

“What is [Jewish identity]? How do we put together a vision of Judaism from so many places?” she asked rhetorically.

- Torah and Israel. :highfive:

“The truth is, we really don’t know. We need time to mold our self-identity.
The bad news is that it’s going to take a lot of time. We do see that Israel is about to define its Judaism. It began by eliminating the rift between secular and religious,” Azaria noted optimistically.

“The next steps, as far as I’m concerned, are in [solving] mikveh issues, Shabbat, marriage, divorce, conversion and burial,” she said.

- Yes, more self defeating tactics and identity crisis based on tradition rather than politics.
Pair that with the demographic trends and You'll see the whole picture.

"But to tackle these issues, said Azaria, a framework must be established for politicians to apply when negotiating a political compromise around these religious divides.

“What we need to do is manufacture the method — without the method, we will have a faulty compromise,” Azaria said."

- Politicans have no job in reaching that common ground, especially with such lexicon.
Out of their reach, and them claiming they can conclude on any of those issues adds to the impression of parody. A parody of how Jews traditionally managed their inner issues.

Last edited:
Teshuva Movement

Why are so many Jews today turning their backs on Orthodox Judaism?

The Aish Rabbi Replies:
You are making an assertion that I don't believe is borne out by the statistics.

Far more Jews are dropping out of other affiliations (fueled by 60 percent intermarriage), while the net gain to Orthodoxy (based on higher birth rates, and "returnees" to Orthodoxy) far exceeds any loss...

"The number of Orthodox Jews is increasing in pockets all over the country. There are more than 1,800 Orthodox synagogues in North America, and about half a million Orthodox Jews in the United States - double the number fifteen years ago.

"Modern Orthodox Jews are lawyers, doctors, bankers, advertising executives, professors, computer experts, artists, writers, and teachers. They are also clerks and secretaries. Many of them are "baalei teshuva," people who grew up with little religious training."

This Jewish return was also predicted prophetically, some 3000 years ago:

"Behold, days are coming, says the Lord God, when I will send a famine upon the land. Not a famine for bread nor a thirst for water, but for hearing the word of God. And they shall wander from sea to sea and from the north to the east to seek the word of the Lord..." (Amos 8:11-13)

So the ball is rolling and as the prophet indicates, there is plenty more to come.

http://www.aish.com/atr/Teshuva_Movement.html

Teshuva Movement

The Aish Rabbi Replies:
You are making an assertion that I don't believe is borne out by the statistics.

Far more Jews are dropping out of other affiliations (fueled by 60 percent intermarriage), while the net gain to Orthodoxy (based on higher birth rates, and "returnees" to Orthodoxy) far exceeds any loss...

"The number of Orthodox Jews is increasing in pockets all over the country. There are more than 1,800 Orthodox synagogues in North America, and about half a million Orthodox Jews in the United States - double the number fifteen years ago.

"Modern Orthodox Jews are lawyers, doctors, bankers, advertising executives, professors, computer experts, artists, writers, and teachers. They are also clerks and secretaries. Many of them are "baalei teshuva," people who grew up with little religious training."

"Behold, days are coming, says the Lord God, when I will send a famine upon the land. Not a famine for bread nor a thirst for water, but for hearing the word of God. And they shall wander from sea to sea and from the north to the east to seek the word of the Lord..." (Amos 8:11-13)

So the ball is rolling and as the prophet indicates, there is plenty more to come.

http://www.aish.com/atr/Teshuva_Movement.html
Why Many American Jews Are Becoming Indifferent or Even Hostile to Israel

Teshuva Movement

The Aish Rabbi Replies:

Teshuva Movement: Demographics & Survival Response on Ask the Rabbi

And yet all the polls show US support for Israel remains constant, so perhaps the headline should have said, Why are a few American Jews on the extreme left becoming indifferent or even hostile to Israel. The answer is, of course, they are so few that no one cares.

Teshuva Movement

The Aish Rabbi Replies:

None of that ^^^ contradicts any of what I've presented.
I don't think that for most observant Jews, shouting into megaphones is the only/main expression of their Jewish identity.

But I'm sure a megaphone makes a group of passionate political activists much more self assured in their bs. That they make bigger headlines - doesn't mean they actually have any accomplishments or authority. Those who do, keep their lives away from the headlines, as much as the average observant Jew anywhere.

Political agendas are nothing compared to a nation with 3.5 thousand years of heritage.

Dramatic Orthodox Growth Is Transforming the American Jewish Community

The overall American Jewish population size is stable and growing, but its character is shifting dramatically. The Orthodox population (Haredi, centrist, and modern) is exploding. The non-Orthodox are in sharp decline.

We can chart the rapid growth of the Orthodox by looking at their numbers in the Pew Research Center data over three generations, each encompassing 18 years of age. From old to young, we have the putative grandparents’ generation (age 56-73), the parents (28-45) and the children (0-17).

Counting up all Orthodox Jews, we find 79,000 “grandparents,” nearly 200,000 “parents,” and over 340,000 children. In other words, over two generations, the Orthodox pretty much quadrupled in size.

What about the non-Orthodox — the Conservative, Reform, Reconstructionist, Renewal and non-denominational Jews? For them, we find the reverse of the Orthodox pattern. The oldest generation comes to 1.48 million. For the middle generation, 1.1 million. And for Jewish children in non-Orthodox homes (including the partially Jewish and Jewish with no religion), we find just 920,000.

Read more: Most American Jews Will Be Orthodox Soon

2411920676_91234bb2e7.jpg

Last edited:
Teshuva Movement

The Aish Rabbi Replies:

And yet all the polls show US support for Israel remains constant, so perhaps the headline should have said, Why are a few American Jews on the extreme left becoming indifferent or even hostile to Israel. The answer is, of course, they are so few that no one cares.

grasping at straws as always you apologists. The young here in america unlike the apologists here at this site that refuse to look at their atrocities,there are thousands of them around the country here in the states demonstrating against warmonger Israel.:itsok::itsok::iyfyus.jpg:

since unlike you,the young are objective and non biased which is why there is a mass awakening.

My wife has dozens of Unaffiliated and Reform relatives in NYC and they’re all solidly behind Israel.
When Israel bombs Gaza, they’re very happy; they just don’t scream it to reporters.

Teshuva Movement

The Aish Rabbi Replies:

grasping at straws as always you apologists. The young here in america unlike the apologists here at this site that refuse to look at their atrocities,there are thousands of them around the country here in the states demonstrating against warmonger Israel.:itsok::itsok::iyfyus.jpg:

since unlike you,the young are objective and non biased which is why there is a mass awakening.
If they are so numerous as you would like to believe, why haven't they had any effect on the poll numbers?

well lets see, is jew a culture or someone who practices Judaism?
Whatever is convenient for the moment seems to be the default setting.
Being a Jew is defined by birth.
Being Jew-ish is defined by behavior.
Three generations of not being Jew-ish usually results in a Christian.
So much for being an atheist or agnostic.

lol so they become reformed Jews instead of Orthodox. And you think that is bad. lol

The vast majority of Jews became Christians a long long time ago, beginning with the rabbi Jesus reformist ministry in Galilee, and long before Constantine. They're the vast majority of Zionist Jews, have been for going on two millienia. Just because this doesn't sit well with the racists isn't a cause for alarm and the destructive self-segregation typical of those unreformed Jews and their weird neurotic obsessions with their genealogies, many of which were faked a long time ago as well. They're more Jewish as a result than the average Chasidic is.

Jewish tribal genes are spread all over the place around the world. That's because most moved on, knowing being 'The Chosen' had nothing to do with genealogy, race, or priesthoods, it had to do with grace and working to fulfill the Covenants, old and new.

Last edited:
When our society becomes 1/3 orthodox. our brothers and sisters abroad will have less confusion.

Depends on which sects those Orthodox promote. Some of them are pro-Islam.
All Orthodox Jews are pro-Judaism. Just remember it.

lol so what? Many of them are not Zionists, and many of them are racist bigots, and many of them are pro-Islam and anti-Jewish Christian, and play zero role in the defense of Israel or anything else. Just remember that you can't lie and deflect from that. Even Arutz Sheva doesn't try and hide it. They're tiny little slivers of irrelevant cults.

Forum List

Back