Natalie Portman Pulls Out of Genesis Prize Ceremony in Israel

admonit

VIP Member
Nov 23, 2017
Genesis Prize cancels 'Jewish Nobel' award ceremony after agent for Jerusalem-born actress says she 'does not feel comfortable participating in any public events in Israel'

Natalie Portman refuses to visit Israel to accept prize, citing ‘recent events’

OK, I don't feel comfortable to see her in Israel at all.

People like her have no perspective in Jewishness. They eventually assimilate, and Israel will stay as a Jewish state. Israel doesn't need these people.

Genesis Prize cancels 'Jewish Nobel' award ceremony after agent for Jerusalem-born actress says she 'does not feel comfortable participating in any public events in Israel'

People like her have no perspective in Jewishness. They eventually assimilate, and Israel will stay as a Jewish state. Israel doesn't need these people.

Portman is Jewish and she was born in Israel.

she just realizes, like any decent person should, that if your country is based on stealing land and oppressing the people who live there, you really can't call yourself moral.

I wouldn't pull out of Natalie.

maxresdefault.jpg

she just realizes, like any decent person should, that if your country is based on stealing land and oppressing the people who live there, you really can't call yourself moral.

In general, American Jews are Democrats. Israeli Jews are Sabras and patriots surrounded by enemies.

Last edited:
It might also have more to do with economics than anything else.

Hollywood's movies are seen worldwide. Every nation on earth views them.

Currently, Israel is a pariah, and the worldwide view, is that Israel is a pariah. It is the Hollywood PC perspective, that Israel is in the wrong, politically. If you want to have a career, it doesn't matter if you are liberal, conservative, etc., you just tow that line so your movies will be popular, and so you can get jobs. . . .

Or, it might be less calculated, she might care. . .

When our society becomes 1/3 orthodox. our brothers and sisters abroad will have less confusion. American Jews as well. We already made half the way a decade ago.

Jerusalem and Safed will come to Tel-Aviv, not the other way around.

Well then, I guess that means ALL Americans can't call themselves moral either.

She is a Jew, she is not Jew-ish.

Not all jews are jewish. She might be a liberal Jew. They have those. Many jews are not pro Israel. Brings us to what is a jew? She is an Israelite.

Not all jews are jewish. She might be a liberal Jew. They have those. Many jews are not pro Israel. Brings us to what is a jew? She is an Israelite.
She is not kosher, works on Shabbos and Homy Days and married a non-Jew.
She had no emotional connection to God.
She was born in Israel and that’s where her connection with her God ends.

Oh my gosh, how horrible of her to marry a non jew. She is an Israelite, and well lets see, is jew a culture or someone who practices Judaism? No one knows, even Jews aren't sure.

Oh my gosh, how horrible of her to marry a non jew. She is an Israelite, and well lets see, is jew a culture or someone who practices Judaism? No one knows, even Jews aren't sure.
Considering your rabid hatred of all Jews, your opinion here is...zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

well lets see, is jew a culture or someone who practices Judaism?
Whatever is convenient for the moment seems to be the default setting.
Being a Jew is defined by birth.
Being Jew-ish is defined by behavior.
Three generations of not being Jew-ish usually results in a Christian.
So much for being an atheist or agnostic.

well lets see, is jew a culture or someone who practices Judaism?
Whatever is convenient for the moment seems to be the default setting.
Being a Jew is defined by birth.
Being Jew-ish is defined by behavior.
Three generations of not being Jew-ish usually results in a Christian.
So much for being an atheist or agnostic.

That is why there are so many atheist jews.
The German Enlightment and Moses Mendelsohn.
And yet...The Holocaust.
Because Jew atheists are still considered...Jews!

Forum List

Back