Nashville PD Lowers Physical Requirements So More Women Can Join

And here I thought there was no difference between men and women.

This is the new test for fitness.

I know a 95 year old who could pass.

The Army had to lower their standards so that women could get jumpwings.

You're supposed to be able to do a set number of pull-ups. I think it was 10.

No woman could get to 10, so they waved that requirement.

The reason for the 10 pull-ups was because you have to be able to pull your risers to make turns in the air.
I guess the requirement was bogus or they just like screwing with men. One of the two.

With shoplifing and 'smash and grab' being eliminated as serious crimes, police no longer have to pursue suspects. They can yell at the perps. Older women could be good for that.

Lets hope there is not another World War.

That's all.

Lets hope there is not another World War.

That's all.
If there is another world war, women will be part of the war effort just like WWI and WWII. Their contributions of support will be much more important than actual fighting.

I'm 40s and fat, and I could do those.

My wife (also 40s, though in superb shape for any age) could "climb" the fence and the wall without touching anything but the top as long as she has 10' to get a running start-I have SEEN her vault a 4' fence many times.

I'm 40s and fat, and I could do those.

My wife (also 40s, though in superb shape for any age) could "climb" the fence and the wall without touching anything but the top as long as she has 10' to get a running start-I have SEEN her vault a 4' fence many times.
I’m in my seventies and fat and I could easily pass that test.

Being a police officer simply is not a very physically challenging job. It's a very sedentary occupation.
most of the time yes.

but then i've witnessed first hand women cops , some right out of HS , thrown into bad situations

most of the cops i recall in my youth were physically intimidating , ex military , very much authority figures

that alone had merit .....

~S~

ted were co[ps.
most of the time yes.

but then i've witnessed first hand women cops , some right out of HS , thrown into bad situations

most of the cops i recall in my youth were physically intimidating , ex military , very much authority figures

that alone had merit .....

~S~
Most of the cops I recall from my youth were family and close friends. Both of my parents were cops, my brother was an MP, my sister in law was a cop, the mother of my twin daughters was a cop, I used to hang out at the local cop bar.

I was never intimidated by any of them.

They are family and loved ones.

Forum List

Back