NASA: ‘There’s a Chance’ of Alien Life Out There, But it Hasn’t Visited Earth

As soon as It was "able"? You now what conditions make genesi "able"? Do share...
Liquid water, bearable temperatures. This isn't rocket surgery. You can look this up. Yes, what a coincidence that it happened right when it was able. And not later, and never again. :rolleyes:

Those are known facts, and you embarrass yourself to call them "whimsical". You have attempted this goofy characterization several times now, and it does not help your case or credibility.
Liquid water you say? How bout that!? I've got shit loads! So... What were the properties of this water? You know... Ph, salinity, what minerals were suspended in it...? Do tell us some of the facts you claim to have offered. You have my attention.
Bearable temperatures, you say...? Hmmm... Could we trouble you for those temperatures by any chance? You know... Since you're operating off of the "facts" and all... I'm curious. Educate me.
And you now know that it never happened again; when you previously claimed it could have, but was certainly eaten if it did. Could you direct me to those findings as well.
I'll ask why you aren't touring the circuit, while waiting for your Nobel later. But for now; answers to these so few questions will suffice. Shouldn't be too hard. Since... You know... They're facts, and all..
But what you propose is even more insane.

If we proved every solar system eventually produces life wouldn’t you just say only a god could be behind it?
I highly doubt, (even categorically deny every solar system could/would) produce life.
The chances that I'd be so incurious as to chalk up the "why", to mythology, is even less...
Nonsense. Take for example our solar system. If there was once life on mars and if there is life in Europa, that would prove life is probably in every solar system. Or would you now say this entire solar system is gods chosen solar system?

And if You look and see no life that doesn’t mean there wasn’t life before or maybe it hasn’t formed yet.

As soon as It was "able"? You now what conditions make genesi "able"? Do share...
Liquid water, bearable temperatures. This isn't rocket surgery. You can look this up. Yes, what a coincidence that it happened right when it was able. And not later, and never again. :rolleyes:

Those are known facts, and you embarrass yourself to call them "whimsical". You have attempted this goofy characterization several times now, and it does not help your case or credibility.
Liquid water you say? How bout that!? I've got shit loads! So... What were the properties of this water? You know... Ph, salinity, what minerals were suspended in it...? Do tell us some of the facts you claim to have offered. You have my attention.
Bearable temperatures, you say...? Hmmm... Could we trouble you for those temperatures by any chance? You know... Since you're operating off of the "facts" and all... I'm curious. Educate me.
And you now know that it never happened again; when you previously claimed it could have, but was certainly eaten if it did. Could you direct me to those findings as well.
I'll ask why you aren't touring the circuit, while waiting for your Nobel later. But for now; answers to these so few questions will suffice. Shouldn't be too hard. Since... You know... They're facts, and all..

If we proved every solar system eventually produces life wouldn’t you just say only a god could be behind it?
I highly doubt, (even categorically deny every solar system could/would) produce life.
The chances that I'd be so incurious as to chalk up the "why", to mythology, is even less...
And actually you are right. Most stars are binary. That means they don’t have the stability to harbor life.

Life is so rare we know of no other except us.

And things are so incredibly far that there may be no way of ever finding them. In fact stars are getting farther apart. One day we will only see a few stars

Nonsense. Take for example our solar system. If there was once life on mars and if there is life in Europa, that would prove life is probably in every solar system. Or would you now say this entire solar system is gods chosen solar system?

And if You look and see no life that doesn’t mean there wasn’t life before or maybe it hasn’t formed yet.
I don't do the "God" thing...

sealybobo said:
I think a scientist figured out how many it would take to prevent inbreeding. I thought the number would have been ten or 40 but I guess you would need over 100 people to prevent inbreeding
Over Thousands Of Years Of Travel
Sure
They'll All Be Bonkers Before Pluto

They'll Get So Inbred
They Won't Be Able To Operate The Equipment
Before They're Anywhere

There's No Life At Proxima Centauri , Alpha Centauri
So Where's Their Coffin Headed Anyway

Vastator said:
All your questions presuppose that the seeding of earth was intentionally orchestrated by a sentient species... I never posited such a notion. Personally I find such a theory unlikely...
The Theory I Saw
Is It Blew In On Comets
Still Doesn't Solve How Life Began

Chance And Selection Can't Form Live DNA
DNA Can't Have A Miss-Step Here, A Detour There

Random Chance Can't Form DNA
Anymore Than The Complete Works Of William Shakespeare
A Way Closer Comparison Than Indie's Eye-Ball

Most stars are binary. That means they don’t have the stability to harbor life.

Not so. A binary system will usually preclude the kind of close, stable orbit we associate with Earth allowing the development of higher life. But AFAWK right now, there is every good possibility for everything from primitive microbial life to sea creatures, in places ranging from deep in the Earth's crust, to the ocean floor in boiling hot vents to the coldest deep ice at the pole, to underground water and caves on Mars, to several of the moons around Jupiter and Saturn ( Europa, Titan, etc.), to now even including a possibility inside Pluto. There is every reason to think such bodies can exist around most stars, even many binaries, especially considering that evidence suggests that many single stars like Sol actually originated in binary systems.

Extraterrestrial Life May be Common around Binary Stars

Vastator said:
All your questions presuppose that the seeding of earth was intentionally orchestrated by a sentient species... I never posited such a notion. Personally I find such a theory unlikely...
The Theory I Saw
Is It Blew In On Comets
Still Doesn't Solve How Life Began

Chance And Selection Can't Form Live DNA
DNA Can't Have A Miss-Step Here, A Detour There

Random Chance Can't Form DNA
Anymore Than The Complete Works Of William Shakespeare
A Way Closer Comparison Than Indie's Eye-Ball

The answer is simple, Karp-- -- -- life is what happens when left to its own designs, it is the nature of the universe to organize itself, given half the chance, into consciousness of itself. From the moment the Earth cooled, life was inevitable. Hammered, torched, frozen and battered over and over, it refuses to go away.

toobfreak said:
The answer is simple, Karp-- -- -- life is what happens when left to its own designs, it is the nature of the universe to organize itself, given half the chance, into consciousness of itself.
What You Have There Is Called Faith
If It Gives Some People Better Sleep
Great

But What Is Consciousness ??
Let Me Guess...
Merely Chemical Reactions In An Organ
Because Someone Else Says That's All It Can Be
But Can't Explain Why/How It Works

So Your Wild Guess-Opinion
Is Just As Qualified As Their's

into consciousness of itself.
Then There's The Universal Consciousness
This Is Where We Pretend On The Quantum Level
Anything You Make-Up Is Real

Last edited:
toobfreak said:
The answer is simple, Karp-- -- -- life is what happens when left to its own designs, it is the nature of the universe to organize itself, given half the chance, into consciousness of itself.

No, actually, it is called a lifetime of having studied the physical sciences, physics, biology, etc., along with the fact that I nearly became a professional astronomer but changed my mind in high-school for electrical engineering because I didn't want to spend my life either on a mountain top or at a university for low wages. But I still both practice as well as teach astronomy on the side for pleasure.

sealybobo said:
I think a scientist figured out how many it would take to prevent inbreeding. I thought the number would have been ten or 40 but I guess you would need over 100 people to prevent inbreeding
Over Thousands Of Years Of Travel
Sure
They'll All Be Bonkers Before Pluto

They'll Get So Inbred
They Won't Be Able To Operate The Equipment
Before They're Anywhere

There's No Life At Proxima Centauri , Alpha Centauri
So Where's Their Coffin Headed Anyway
Off this rock because if we stay here we will eventually be doomed.

Most stars are binary. That means they don’t have the stability to harbor life.

Not so. A binary system will usually preclude the kind of close, stable orbit we associate with Earth allowing the development of higher life. But AFAWK right now, there is every good possibility for everything from primitive microbial life to sea creatures, in places ranging from deep in the Earth's crust, to the ocean floor in boiling hot vents to the coldest deep ice at the pole, to underground water and caves on Mars, to several of the moons around Jupiter and Saturn ( Europa, Titan, etc.), to now even including a possibility inside Pluto. There is every reason to think such bodies can exist around most stars, even many binaries, especially considering that evidence suggests that many single stars like Sol actually originated in binary systems.

Extraterrestrial Life May be Common around Binary Stars
I thought I heard what I said on how the universe works. Thanks

TOOBFREAK said:
KARPENTER said:
No, actually, it is called a lifetime of having studied the physical sciences, physics, biology, etc.,
Ah,
So You've Actually Observed This Many Times:
given half the chance, into consciousness of itself.
A Miracle Based On A Leap Of Faith
Big Fat Leap Based On Nothing
You Can't Show A Natural Chain Of Events To Consciousness
No One Can
Try The Phrase...."I Don't Know"
From the moment the Earth cooled, life was inevitable
Because You And Everyone Else Have Observed This Everywhere
Though-Out The Skies, In All Biology Labs
And Know It To Be A Proven Fact
Because Life Is The Result Of Spontaneity
It Popped Up In A Sterile Petri Dish Before Your Eyes
It Happens Everywhere, All The Time

Why Is "I Don't Know" The Hardest Thing To Say
None Of The Above Is Even Close To Proven Fact
It's All A Fact, Only Because Someone Stated It Like It Is

Today We Have Beliefs, Based On Suppositions, Masquerading As Science
i.e., Faith

Last edited:
sealybobo said:
Everyone Is Anyway
There Is No Universal Consciousness
We All Can Share After Death
Or We Would Know It In Our Conscience Now

Last edited:
Panspermia to this point is a valid theory worthy of pursuit. All the mechanisms involved in panspermia are demonstrable, and observable. From micro organisms surviving open space travel, to extra planetary material arriving here on earth. Many rocks of Martian origin for instance have been found in earth.
Here's a link. I just pick one at random to give those new to the theory the gist of what panspermia theory entails...

Panspermia Theory

These microorganisms perish in space. They cannot survive. The heartier ones ended up suspended had to return to Earth to live again. The fine tuning facts and the solar winds do them in.

Panspermia to this point is a valid theory worthy of pursuit. All the mechanisms involved in panspermia are demonstrable, and observable. From micro organisms surviving open space travel, to extra planetary material arriving here on earth. Many rocks of Martian origin for instance have been found in earth.
Here's a link. I just pick one at random to give those new to the theory the gist of what panspermia theory entails...

Panspermia Theory

These microorganisms perish in space. They cannot survive. The heartier ones ended up suspended had to return to Earth to live again. The fine tuning facts and the solar winds do them in.
Tardigrades have survived open space, and returned viable. That's open space. Which doesn't even broach the prospect of organisms shielded from hazards by being encased in ice, and rock...

Panspermia Theory

Tardigrades have survived open space, and returned viable. That's open space. Which doesn't even broach the prospect of organisms shielded from hazards by being encased in ice, and rock...

Tardigrades won't survive the solar winds in space but minutes. The dehydrated and suspended ones have to return to Earth to live again. While they get a hat tip for providing us with more research into these resilient microbes and how they could help humans, the fine tuning facts and solar winds prevent panspermia. One of the reasons why there are no aliens.

Panspermia Theory

Tardigrades won't survive the solar winds in space but minutes. The dehydrated and suspended ones have to return to Earth to live again. While they get a hat tip for providing us with more research into these resilient microbes and how they could help humans, the fine tuning facts and solar winds prevent panspermia. One of the reasons why there are no aliens.
The fine tuned universe, is itself a theory. Often a deistically oriented/theological one. Brought to the fore by people who feel compelled to conflate the scientific, with the religious. Typically from the "intelligent design" crowd. Not really a point of interest for me personally.
As for solar winds; the insides of comets, and asteroids likely offer more than ample protection from exposure given their high metallic, and ice content.

Last edited:

Panspermia Theory

The fine tuned universe, is itself a theory. Often a deistically oriented/theological one. Brought to the fore by people who feel compelled to conflate the scientific, with the religious. Typically from the "intelligent design" crowd. Not really a point of interest for me personally.
As for solar winds; the insides of comets, and asteroids likely offer more than ample protection from exposure given their high metallic, and ice content.

The fine tuning facts. Atheist science discovered it trying to describe the Big Bang Theory, but now do not want anything to do with it because it goes against evolution. What kind of science is that? Fake science.

The theory that creation science has is the Bible theory or Genesis theory. However, today's secular science has systematically eliminated God, the supernatural (Genesis only) and the Bible. They treat it as if were religion and not science. The Bible isn't a science book, but science backs up the Bible. The Bible is a history and non-fiction book. This is why I am here. The way I learned science was that it was about argument. Whoever makes the best argument wins. Usually, it ends up as creation vs. evolution or what I like to call creation science vs. atheist science.

So far, the facts that we observe favor the creation science theory. There are no aliens. Not even one microbe. This is due to no abiogenesis. We also have the fine tuning facts, solar wind, Fermi's paradox, Drake equations and more. This means no panspermia.

I'll stay right here or go live on a nice space station. This is the best place to be for us. The more I discuss science with my anti-science "friends," the more I realize that we may never become multiplanetary. We, as a race, will face the extinction event right here on Earth. Of course, we even disagree on what causes the extinction. Atheist scientists think it will be climate change while most creation scientists think it will be a gamma ray burst setting the Earth on fire as described in the final days.

Here is video describing the various scenarios:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back