Narcan approved for over the counter sale. What happened to don't do drugs?

Maybe more.

When Biden and Beto send men with guns to take yours, keep the guns that you take from their corpses.
I have heard many local law enforcement say they would not support any gun taking measures since they only would adhere to the Second Amendment, even if they repeal the amendment, none of them would give a damn.

The Feds would have to do it all, which I'm sure they would.

if there is no reason not to OD do as much as you want.
Well the potentially dying part is problematic. As a bystander or a friend I would provide first aid if I could. They can get treatment if they survive.

This thread is...extremely weird. The State of Texas supports people having the item in their first aid packs, and Texas is not known for being, well not rightwing. For the record, we can already get them through Walgreens. This just makes it easier.
If I had my way I would house all of them in a hotel. They can't leave it until they are clean and sober. They are fed, medically cared for, and provided whatever drugs they need. They don't get to vote, or have children. They are literally treated like children. If they die, so be it. But that way they aren't committing crimes, and they cost to house them in that way is far, far less than what we are doing now.
Thats cool. You have to get them there first, and part of that is, if you see someone having an emergency, you call 911. If you have tools that can aid until responders arrive (AEDs, Narcan, trauma kit, emergency breakfast taco) you use them.
I have heard many local law enforcement say they would not support any gun taking measures since they only would adhere to the Second Amendment, even if they repeal the amendment, none of them would give a damn.

The Feds would have to do it all, which I'm sure they would.
Er...wrong thread?

We should be discouraging drug use, not normalizing it.

Bill-and-Roger-Clinton-AP-640x480.png
Screen Shot 2023-09-05 at 3.11.27 PM.png

I've seen it. I have seen junkies who are taken by the hand and given every possible thing useful in life, all the comforts a human being needs and all the practical and spiritual support a human can possibly use -- and they blew it. Pissed it all away and went back to their slow suicide.

I have nothing left to give to a junkie and I wholly support their path of self destruction so they can get off the planet as quickly as possible and make room for a real and worthy person.

you realize a lot of OD deaths aren’t hardened junkies, but dumb kids experimenting and don’t know what they’re doing?

Last edited:
Narcan which is used for opioid overdoses can now be bought over the counter.

What is this? To me this pretty much says "when you do drugs and overdose just use this and you can save a dopeheads life so they can live to do more drugs later". This is essentially approving drug use and diminishes their negative effects. It makes opiod abuse a little more acceptable.

When I was a kid we had slogans like don't do drugs, DARE officers came to our schools and talked about drugs, comic books had little ads about not doing drugs, cartoons would sometimes have little messages about not doing drugs and so on. What happened to all of that?

We should be discouraging drug use, not normalizing it.
Yeah, like the morning after pill. They sinned and now the remedy is on a store shelf. It's not fair to everyone that doesn't do drugs. Is that what Resnic is howling about?

They’ll bitch and moan, like their lot always does.

They did when condoms became available and did when birth control became available.

And everyone just ignored their pearl-clutching melodrama because they’re incapable of doing anything about it.

They’re like some old dried up spinster aunt ranting about how everyone else is going to hell for not being dried up old spinsters like them

I've seen it. I have seen junkies who are taken by the hand and given every possible thing useful in life, all the comforts a human being needs and all the practical and spiritual support a human can possibly use -- and they blew it. Pissed it all away and went back to their slow suicide.

I have nothing left to give to a junkie and I wholly support their path of self destruction so they can get off the planet as quickly as possible and make room for a real and worthy person.

As Jesus would say. 😄

you realize a lot of OD deaths aren’t hardened junkies, but dumb kids experimenting and don’t know what they’re doing?
Not just dumb kids experimenting but children who are born addicted. My uncle runs a neo natal department that serves a poor white community and they were finding nearly a quarter of the babies were being born with opiods and narcotics in their system.

The drug war has soundly lost. Drugs are a fixture of our society and will be even if we build a wall, legislate, etc. Educating against the dangers of drugs is fine. Heck Ive never tried an illegal drug in my 94 years. But admitting defeat is reality and patriotic. Drugs are going to rise and level off at some point. But they are here to stay.

Not just dumb kids experimenting but children who are born addicted. My uncle runs a neo natal department that serves a poor white community and they were finding nearly a quarter of the babies were being born with opiods and narcotics in their system.
It's happening in every state. Best you can do is prevent your own kids from experimenting. But there's plenty of parents who won't do that. That's simply how it will be.

Sure thing, grandpa,

Sure thing.

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Forum List

Back