Narcan approved for over the counter sale. What happened to don't do drugs?

Boiled down to it: your argument is "let them die?"

Never said that at all. You decided that's what i said because either 1 you missed the point entirely or 2 you didn't like my point so you decided to change it's point to avoid discussion and could take on a stonewall stance.

If I intended to say screw em, then that's exactly what I'd have said. I pointed out more survivors will not mean less drug users.

100% of deaths won't use drugs again. So say 10 in 50 overdoses die. And 1 in 10 survivors quit drugs. If they all live because of narcan otc that number of people who quit drugs goes down because you raised the number of people who survive up. So you'll have more people running around doing drugs that otherwise would be dead but only a small portion will quit.

But at the end of the day, screw em. If our society didn't tolerate, accept and in this case encourage dopeheads, criminals and crazy people and allow them to freely walk about our society the 95% of population would have much better lives.

You don't want to end drug problems, you want to find ways for our country to live with drug problems. And that's what this is, a way to live with and accept drug problems.

You don't want to end drug problems, you want to find ways for our country to live with drug problems. And that's what this is, a way to live with and accept drug problems.
Thats a lot to unpack from simply wanting to have that in your first aid kit...

Well...thats definitely a view. Not seeing how you can treat them if they are already dead. One time can be enough, and many of these events now are happening to kids who don't realize the headache pill they just took has fentanyl in it.

"headache pill"

Never heard Ecstasy called that before.

"headache pill"

Never heard Ecstasy called that before.
Not talking about Ecstasy. Its baked into a whole slew of counterfeit pills now.
Criminal drug networks are mass-producing fake pills, falsely marketing them as legitimate prescription pills, and killing unsuspecting Texans, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration. Some counterfeit pills are made to look like prescription opioids like oxycodone (Oxycontin, Percocet), hydrocodone (Vicodin) and alprazolam (Xanax), or stimulants like amphetamines (Adderall). Fake prescription pills that are widely accessible can contain deadly doses of fentanyl. They are often sold on social media and e-commerce platforms — making them available to anyone with a smartphone, including teens and young adults. Texans should only take legitimate pharmaceutical medications prescribed by medical professionals and dispensed by pharmacists in the U.S.

No, this is a good thing. Many people do drugs for whatever reasons, and this way those who OD can be saved, and some will finally stop taking drugs too.

Furthermore, with fentanyl so common, accidental contact is a real possibility for even normal folks. Now they have a chance to not die.

NARCAN should have been made OTC long ago.
Let me add some more info. Noloxone (NARCAN) can be administered to anyone suffering from an accidental opioid overdose. That includes both children and adults.

That's not exactly a Christian viewpoint, at least in the church I attend.

I don't think many of us believe that you attend any sort of Christian church.

And basically, my spiritual viewpoint is between God and me.

Nice try but :anj_stfu: about my religion.

Last edited:
Thats a lot to unpack from simply wanting to have that in your first aid kit...

And still you keep avoiding my intents and points. Reply after reply after reply you keep shifting away from what I say with some short closed ended comment that has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

I'll consider our exchanges at an end since you seem unwilling to engage in the conversation and be able to reply directly to what I say.

Good day.

Forum List

Back