Nanny State Update: De Blasio’s Issues Guidance On What Should Go In Your Toilet

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
There is nothing the Left do not want to control.
A6571CED-FEBB-405E-BE45-B7E1D53503EE.jpeg

De Blasio’s Office Issues Guidance On What Should Go In Your Toilet

That's because people keep using the toilet as a garbage can. They flush what should not be flushed.

Stupid people.

/---/ Having lived in NY for 45 years I can tell you they have a serious situation. The sewers date back to the early 1900s. It is so bad they outlaw garbage disposals because the system can't handle the volume. In fact, they still have wooden water pipes under the streets that date back to the late 1800s. BTW a fatberg is a congealed lump in a sewer system formed by the combination of non-biodegradable solid matter such as wet wipes with grease or cooking fat. They have become an increasing problem in recent years, with the combination of aging Victorian drains and the rise of disposable cloths.

The city provides the plumbing infrastructure, the sewer lines, the water and waste water treatment plant and then you are all aghast that they would want to control what goes into it in order to avoid expensive repairs or worse?

Is there nothing you snowflakes will not whine about? Holy fuck!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The city provides the plumbing infrastructure, the sewer lines, the water and waste water treatment plant and then you are all aghast that they would want to control what goes into it in order to avoid expensive repairs or worse?

The people own the infrastructure, Mr Libertarian Wannabe

The people own the infrastructure, Mr Libertarian Wannabe

No, the city does and the people pay a fee to have access to it. This is not a matter of big government. Libertarians are not against roads and water pipes and the like you fucking moron.

/---/ Having lived in NY for 45 years I can tell you they have a serious situation. The sewers date back to the early 1900s. It is so bad they outlaw garbage disposals because the system can't handle the volume. In fact, they still have wooden water pipes under the streets that date back to the late 1800s. BTW a fatberg is a congealed lump in a sewer system formed by the combination of non-biodegradable solid matter such as wet wipes with grease or cooking fat. They have become an increasing problem in recent years, with the combination of aging Victorian drains and the rise of disposable cloths.

This is actually a valid issue. The main cause, as you said are those sturdy wipes people started using. They also have a habit of clinging to the bar screens in plants, and the ones that get through have a propensity to wrap around rotating assemblies, like pump shafts and impellers.

The problem with using garbage disposals is one of sheer load to the facilities. Using them would increase the amount of sludge that needs to be digested, which would require expansion of digester capacity, which is difficult because most of the plants are severely land limited.

The powers that be would actually love to allow garbage disposal, as it would increase digester gas production, and digester gas in considered s semi-renewable resource (it's carbon, but short cycle carbon). This would allow the plants to either run a lot more themselves without added energy inputs, or if run effectively enough, provide at times additional power to the grid.

Most of the sewer infrastructure isn't as old as the water pipes, as taking sections of sewer out for upgrade is easier than taking out sections of water pipe.

The sewers are usually shallower and easier to reach as well.

Maintenance of sewer lines is a serious business. Probably good advice.

You don't want that shit backing up.

That's because people keep using the toilet as a garbage can. They flush what should not be flushed.

Stupid people.

I think most Democrats have tried flushing the Constitution down the toilet.

Like the Repubs do not shit on it daily...they are no more innocent than the Dems.

Give me an example of republicans shitting on the Constitution.

And yet, the city government can’t even effectively provide for sewage disposal.

Isn’t government grand?

Its a valid point. People flush all kinds of crap down toilets and they dump all kinds of crap down drains.

I've see pictures of that fat thingy. They are huge and have to be manually removed.

De Blasio is an idiot but on this he's right.

And yet, the city government can’t even effectively provide for sewage disposal.

Isn’t government grand?

Government caused the Fat-Bergs? Let that shit back up and you'll see how important sewage line maintenance is, or rather smell it.....

Its a valid point. People flush all kinds of crap down toilets and they dump all kinds of crap down drains.

I've see pictures of that fat thingy. They are huge and have to be manually removed.

De Blasio is an idiot but on this he's right.

The only thing is he went a bit with hyperbole, "Everything else" doesn't cause "fatbergs". One has to remember that your sinks and tubs go to the same place.

It's a combination of the wipes and fats/oils/greases.

But I guess tweets are limited.

Isn’t government grand?

Government caused the Fat-Bergs? Let that shit back up and you'll see how important sewage line maintenance is, or rather smell it.....
Did I say that?

It is well known that NYC’s sewer system is archaic and in desperate need of updating. The city assholes have known this for decades, but have done little.

Forum List

Back