Name somethings you'd want automated around the house

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America

1. I want a robotic/automated system that picks up the dashes, washes them and dries them.

2. Another thing I'd want is a robotic chef that could make food and bring it over too me.

3. Pick up trash and throw it into the trash can.

As far as I am concern it really isn't automated and helpful until it can do this. Of course, being able to control the lights is nice but not as much as these three would be.

1. I want a robotic/automated system that picks up the dashes, washes them and dries them.

2. Another thing I'd want is a robotic chef that could make food and bring it over too me.

As far as I am concern it really isn't automated and helpful until it can do this. Of course, being able to control the lights is nice but not as much as these three would be.

A robot that could cook and clean, TRACK MEDS, and call 9-11 if needed, would give YEARS of additional independent living to older Americans.

NOt me personally, yet, but I've seen this with relatives. Even if a "younger" relative is prepared to take care of them, very few households can provide 24 hour 7 days a week coverage.

This would/will result if hundreds of billions in savings for individuals and the government when it comes.

It would be easier to name the things I don't want automated and I really can't think of anything, except maybe wiping my ass. If it gets to the point that I need a robot to clean my butt then I just want it all to end.

Did you see on 60 minutes they flew 100 autonomous drones? They all thought for themselves each Independently. It was a big deal. We are very close to AI.

I want a maid/whore. Very easily done. $10k would you pay for a robot slave?

IRONICALLY,
dishes are on my list also, because of my constant cooking, even though dishwashers claim you can place dirty dishes in them in the first place.
If I could place them in the washer instead of the sink first that alone would make life easier
freeing up more time for important things.
I've never seen a dishwasher actually wash straight to the dishwasher dirty dishes.
Basically I have to always hand wash them and the dishwasher is merely my sanitizer.
Even then there is the occasional caked on crud you catch on a utensil or Aluminum
pot, so imagine if you didn't preclean.

A robot that could cook and clean, TRACK MEDS, and call 9-11 if needed, would give YEARS of additional independent living to older Americans.

NOt me personally, yet, but I've seen this with relatives. Even if a "younger" relative is prepared to take care of them, very few households can provide 24 hour 7 days a week coverage.

This would/will result if hundreds of billions in savings for individuals and the government when it comes.

Have you ever tried to teach your less then tech savy parents how to operate their computer ?
"what's a browser?"
Surely they will refuse to read the robot manuel and not be able to operate it to take care of them. Would be a good idea along with the self driving cars programed to take them to every appointment, but wait, have fun getting them to program the location in when they can't even program the GPS.
*L*

Have you ever tried to teach your less then tech savy parents how to operate their computer ?
"what's a browser?"
Surely they will refuse to read the robot manuel and not be able to operate it to take care of them. Would be a good idea along with the self driving cars programed to take them to every appointment, but wait, have fun getting them to program the location in when they can't even program the GPS.
*L*

Have you seen a grandmother who finds out that she can get pictures of her grandchildren over a smart phone?

Older dogs can learn new tricks.

AND software can be simpler and more intuitive.

My #1 would be laundry. I hate folding clothes. My #2 would be dusting (I'm fanatical about dust). My #3 would be vacuuming (which is already available).

Definitely a gardening robot for weeding, edging , clean up...all the tedious stuff.
A laundry robot
And bathroom cleaning robot. I especially dislike cleaning bath tubs.
There are some pretty amazing robots headed our way...not sure if thats good, bad or a mix of both.
Can't help thinking about the movie I Robot. Lol

Definitely a gardening robot for weeding, edging , clean up...all the tedious stuff.
A laundry robot
And bathroom cleaning robot. I especially dislike cleaning bath tubs.
There are some pretty amazing robots headed our way...not sure if thats good, bad or a mix of both.
Can't help thinking about the movie I Robot. Lol
It's good. Really good. It will make our lives easier and free us up for the more important stuff.

You know we went to far when we use our robots to drink our protein shakes and do our workouts for us. :)

In that case, you know how many Robots in robes will be out scooping dog poo at 6 in the morning? :)

A 100% realistic android or cyborg housemate to take care of the cooking, assorted house chores, also programmed for intimacy and conversation, minus the nagging.

Forum List

Back