Nadler Claims 18 Year-Olds Are Too Young For Guns — But Won’t Raise The Draft Age To 21

I've never had a problem with raising the purchasing age to 21 for developmental reasons, which are in real, as long as there were a "carve-out," as you put it, for military personnel under 21. They would generally have the kind of additional maturity in terms of training and discipline to handle the responsibility.
Speaking of maturity, discipline, and values....ever wonder why there were no shootings at private and parochial schools? What are public schools missing?

The judgement center of the brain is not fully developed at 18. That's why you don't want to give a local kid a gun.

The judgement center of the brain is not fully developed at 18. That's why you can get a kid to charge up a hill toward a machine gun nest.
So you support sending kids to their death because they are too stupid to know what you are doing to them.

You are scum.

Nadler Claims 18 Year-Olds Are Too Young For Guns — But Won’t Raise The Draft Age To 21​

3 Jun 2022

Democrat Chair of the House Judiciary Committee Rep Jerry Nadler was confronted over his stance on raising the age to buy guns to 21 during a gun legislation hearing.
GOP Rep. Thomas Massie asked Nadler if he supported raising the draft age to 21 — because Nadler said that 18-years-old brains don’t have fully-formed brains and therefore shouldn’t have guns.
Nadler responded by tripping over his own words and saying he doesn’t support raising the draft age because “if the country needs people, it needs people.”

Twitter users responded by mocking Nadler and the Democrats:

Commentary:
Every person you know or hear say 'We don't need firearms'. Ask them about Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, Mao, Pol Pot, Castro, Maduro and any other Dictator in History. 'What did these dictators do first before enslaving and killing people?' They DISARMED them all. The 2nd Amendment Is an ABSOLUTE Inherent Right. I want them to attempt to take mine. I am 86 yrs. old, and wise enough to know that I don't need to worry about Prison or death...I will fight and die to protect my Family and Americas LIFE!

Nadler is typical entitled. He says that if “people” have to serve then they need to serve. He’s referring to “people” everyone else than his people. I can’t believe Blacks and Hispanics support this guy. Continue serving him because that is what he expects of you people not his people.

Fat Jerry wouldn't raise the voting age either. In other words an 18 year old can vote for 2nd Amendment issues but can't benefit from the vote. Isn't that the definition of taxation without representation that got the 2nd Amendment started in the first place?

Speaking of maturity, discipline, and values....ever wonder why there were no shootings at private and parochial schools? What are public schools missing?
Indeed! But the problem is not only due to what the state schools are missing but to what they generally have too much of: the inculcation of hatred, depravity, confusion, and despair by simpletons and degenerates called teachers.

If you REALLY cared about keeping those guns, you'd do more than whine and gasp with every 2A right they revoke
You don't care. Admit it.

GunsnFaggots_2.jpg

Pardon me, but your ignorance is showing again! 6% of all school shootings from 2000 to 2018 occurred in private and parochial schools.

Given that only 10% of students attend private schools, that number is exceptionally large.

from THAT article.......

The most recent data from the National Center for Education Statistics show that around 25 percent of U.S. K‑12 schools are private, while about 10 percent of schooled children attend private schools. In other words, the data suggest that children that go to private schools are disproportionately less likely to experience a school shooting than children in public schools.

Nadler Claims 18 Year-Olds Are Too Young For Guns — But Won’t Raise The Draft Age To 21​

3 Jun 2022

Democrat Chair of the House Judiciary Committee Rep Jerry Nadler was confronted over his stance on raising the age to buy guns to 21 during a gun legislation hearing.
GOP Rep. Thomas Massie asked Nadler if he supported raising the draft age to 21 — because Nadler said that 18-years-old brains don’t have fully-formed brains and therefore shouldn’t have guns.
Nadler responded by tripping over his own words and saying he doesn’t support raising the draft age because “if the country needs people, it needs people.”

Twitter users responded by mocking Nadler and the Democrats:

Commentary:
Every person you know or hear say 'We don't need firearms'. Ask them about Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, Mao, Pol Pot, Castro, Maduro and any other Dictator in History. 'What did these dictators do first before enslaving and killing people?' They DISARMED them all. The 2nd Amendment Is an ABSOLUTE Inherent Right. I want them to attempt to take mine. I am 86 yrs. old, and wise enough to know that I don't need to worry about Prison or death...I will fight and die to protect my Family and Americas LIFE!

18 year olds operate guns in the Navy, Army and Marines. Nadler is full of crap.

The judgement center of the brain is not fully developed at 18. That's why you don't want to give a local kid a gun.

The judgement center of the brain is not fully developed at 18. That's why you can get a kid to charge up a hill toward a machine gun nest.
Brains aren't fully developed?

Democrats say 16 year olds are old enough to vote but 18 year olds aren't mature enough purchase alcohol, tobacco or firearms.

What kinda sense does that make.

If an 18 year old isn't mature enough to make their own decisions...they aren't mature enough to sign a contract or to vote.

P.S. - Military service requires a contract.

It's a physiological fact.

These days, a consensus of neuroscientists agree that brain development likely persists until at least the mid-20s – possibly until the 30s.

The fact that our brains aren’t developed until the mid 20s means that “legal adults” (those age 18+) are allowed to make adult decisions, without fully mature brains. Someone who is 18 may make riskier decisions than someone in their mid-20s in part due to lack of experience, but primarily due to an underdeveloped brain. All behaviors and experiences you endure until the age of 25 have potential to impact your developing brain.

It doesn’t matter how smart teens are or how well they scored on the SAT or ACT. Good judgment isn’t something they can excel in, at least not yet.

The rational part of a teen’s brain isn’t fully developed and won’t be until age 25 or so.

In fact, recent research has found that adult and teen brains work differently. Adults think with the prefrontal cortex, the brain’s rational part. This is the part of the brain that responds to situations with good judgment and an awareness of long-term consequences. Teens process information with the amygdala. This is the emotional part.

In teens' brains, the connections between the emotional part of the brain and the decision-making center are still developing—and not always at the same rate. That’s why when teens have overwhelming emotional input, they can’t explain later what they were thinking. They weren’t thinking as much as they were feeling..

Democrats say 16 year olds are old enough to vote but 18 year olds aren't mature enough purchase alcohol, tobacco or firearms.

What kinda sense does that make.

If an 18 year old isn't mature enough to make their own decisions...they aren't mature enough to sign a contract or to vote.

P.S. - Military service requires a contract.
Reagan pushed to raise the drinking age.

It's a physiological fact.

These days, a consensus of neuroscientists agree that brain development likely persists until at least the mid-20s – possibly until the 30s.

The fact that our brains aren’t developed until the mid 20s means that “legal adults” (those age 18+) are allowed to make adult decisions, without fully mature brains. Someone who is 18 may make riskier decisions than someone in their mid-20s in part due to lack of experience, but primarily due to an underdeveloped brain. All behaviors and experiences you endure until the age of 25 have potential to impact your developing brain.

It doesn’t matter how smart teens are or how well they scored on the SAT or ACT. Good judgment isn’t something they can excel in, at least not yet.

The rational part of a teen’s brain isn’t fully developed and won’t be until age 25 or so.

In fact, recent research has found that adult and teen brains work differently. Adults think with the prefrontal cortex, the brain’s rational part. This is the part of the brain that responds to situations with good judgment and an awareness of long-term consequences. Teens process information with the amygdala. This is the emotional part.

In teens' brains, the connections between the emotional part of the brain and the decision-making center are still developing—and not always at the same rate. That’s why when teens have overwhelming emotional input, they can’t explain later what they were thinking. They weren’t thinking as much as they were feeling..
Agree. Yet, Democrats tell us children and teens should be allowed to change their gender and 16 year olds should be allowed to vote.

Forum List

Back