NAACP admits to being snookered

what was the snookering? there was none...

the libs are so desperate to spin this so they can run around claiming only righties are racist that many of them have resorted to outright lies

What do you call showing only half a video and hyping what is shown as evidence someone is an anti-white racist when the whole thing proves she really isn't?

Looks to me like you're the one wanting to spin this.

'Cuz I don't think the thing was released to the NAACP. It was just released and the NAACP jumped before thinking.

IOW: It wasn't targeted at the NAACP. They could have kept their mouth shut about it until more was learned, and no one would have been the wiser.

The Prez's adminstration could have, too. I still think it shouldn't be forgotten where this originated.

What do you call showing only half a video and hyping what is shown as evidence someone is an anti-white racist when the whole thing proves she really isn't?

'Cuz I don't think the thing was released to the NAACP. It was just released and the NAACP jumped before thinking.

IOW: It wasn't targeted at the NAACP. They could have kept their mouth shut about it until more was learned, and no one would have been the wiser.

The Prez's adminstration could have, too. I still think it shouldn't be forgotten where this originated.

Again, prove that this blogger edited the video.

Interesting isn't it. They had a statement prepared to act immediately condemning this. Yet they havent seen the video. This despite the fact that it was given at a NAACP event. Nor did they talk with her or anyone else involved in the story to find out if it's true.

There is still a question on who abridged the clip. So it obviously wasn't Brietbart or Fox, who have stated that they haven't seen the entire clip yet. So it doesn't appear to be some vast right wing conspiracy.

Here's what happened:

1) NAACP and White House has been taking heat for the New Black Panthers story
2) NAACP leaks this edited tape
3) Brietbart and Fox, of course, cover the the story when they find the tape to figure out what it's about.
4) NAACP immediately comes out and denounces it to pretend they aren't racist.
5) Administration comes out and demands her resignation immediately so they don't look like they are giving preferential treatment based on race.
6) When the full story comes out, they start attacking Fox and Brietbart for running a video they manufactured to show the world that there is some right wing conspiracy to attack them while they are the good guys.
7) TM rants about "evil" Republicans for the rest of the day.

Alright, so everything except 7 is a theory at this point, but it wouldnt surprise me.

So they claim they went off half-cocked?? That should bolster their credibility.

no... they acted appropriately based on the information received... the onus is on the people who engaged in deception.

but if you wish to feed your disdain for the NAACP, it's not like it will take much. :thup:

Unfortunately I have to agree with Sherry. They did go off half-cocked. Past events have left them overly-sensitive to any whiff of controversy and this is what happened.

At the same time it shouldn't be forgotten who did the "snookering" in the first place.

Hey!!:eusa_eh:

:lol:

The video is 43 minutes long. Here's the full version:

Little Green Footballs - The Full Shirley Sherrod Video

Interesting isn't it. They had a statement prepared to act immediately condemning this. Yet they havent seen the video. This despite the fact that it was given at a NAACP event. Nor did they talk with her or anyone else involved in the story to find out if it's true.

There is still a question on who abridged the clip. So it obviously wasn't Brietbart or Fox, who have stated that they haven't seen the entire clip yet. So it doesn't appear to be some vast right wing conspiracy.

Here's what happened:

1) NAACP and White House has been taking heat for the New Black Panthers story
2) NAACP leaks this edited tape
3) Brietbart and Fox, of course, cover the the story when they find the tape to figure out what it's about.
4) NAACP immediately comes out and denounces it to pretend they aren't racist.
5) Administration comes out and demands her resignation immediately so they don't look like they are giving preferential treatment based on race.
6) When the full story comes out, they start attacking Fox and Brietbart for running a video they manufactured to show the world that there is some right wing conspiracy to attack them while they are the good guys.
7) TM rants about "evil" Republicans for the rest of the day.

Alright, so everything except 7 is a theory at this point, but it wouldnt surprise me.
well, on #7, doesnt she do that every day anyway?

Wonder if FAUX Noise is gonna do a correction to this story?

Probably not........they haven't yet.

So much for "fair and balanced".

Here you go this is the only story i've seen on fox news about this woman....I DARE YOU to watch the full segment below.

Beck: Why Was Shirley Sherrod Fired? - Video - FoxNews.com

Yeah, up until he started talking about Reverend Wright, Beck was hitting the nail on the head.

Breitbart is total scum and the NAACP and the USDA kneejerked.

lol, really?

Wonder if FAUX Noise is gonna do a correction to this story?

Probably not........they haven't yet.

So much for "fair and balanced".

Here you go this is the only story i've seen on fox news about this woman....I DARE YOU to watch the full segment below.

Yeah, up until he started talking about Reverend Wright, Beck was hitting the nail on the head.

Total hatchet job on the poor woman

The administration needs to do the right thing and hire her back while the Brietbart and Fox owes her an apology

The administration needs to do the right thing and hire her back while the Brietbart and Fox owes her an apology

When glennbeck is dedicating time on his program to clear the air about the scumbag Breitbart's hit piece I have a hard time thinking Fox should apologize.

Breitbart, sure (though unlikely).

Fox, no. Hell, even that whackadoodle Beck was saying that she was in the right and Breit was in the wrong.

The NAACP has released the video of Shirley Sherrod's speech, the most famous comments by a USDA official since the days of Earl Butz.

Watch.

I'll have more on this shortly, but Rachel Slajda has watched the entire thing and tells me it contains exactly what Sherrod claimed it would: her using an anecdote from her own life more than two decades ago to illustrate her own path to getting beyond race.

From TPM ^

Yeah..........but if she'd still been employed by the admin, Beck would have been calling for her head.

I saw both of those on MSNBC by the way. Yep, she told Tony Harris what happened from her end.

By the way, you think Beck is gonna catch any shit over going against what FAUX Noise had already shown? He's going against the current and that never turns out well for those over at that "network".

Like I said, if she hadn't been forced to resign, Beck would have been calling for her head.

:eek: Shit! You're stupider than I originally thought!

Gaybiker could never be stupider than I think he is.
If you give him any credit at all,you're giving him too much.

This is what I'm talking about:

Hardball with Chris Matthews

Cons only vote for cons, the only cons they manage to elect are republicans
Conservatives only vote for Conservatives....so the only Conservatives they manage to elect are REPUBLICANS?.....is that fucking profound or what?....next thing you know someone is going to say...... "Liberals only vote for Liberals...so the only Liberals they elect are DEMOCRATS"......

So they claim they went off half-cocked?? That should bolster their credibility.

Any comment on Breitbart and fox being pieces of shit for what they did ..

Oh dear god fox fans are idiots who swallow this crap all the time. They took parts of the tape they wanted to show and totally misrepresented everything.

The white house screwed up by acutally believing fox. Enough with this crap. Didnt the acorn tape prove all they do is lie.

Damn Fox and breitbart sucks ass.

no... they acted appropriately based on the information received... the onus is on the people who engaged in deception.

but if you wish to feed your disdain for the NAACP, it's not like it will take much. :thup:

Absolutely I disdain racism, why don't you?

Then stay focused and comment on What Fox and Breitbart did. Ttry to stay focused.

Any comment on Breitbart and fox being pieces of shit for what they did ..

Oh dear god fox fans are idiots who swallow this crap all the time. They took parts of the tape they wanted to show and totally misrepresented everything.

The white house screwed up by acutally believing fox. Enough with this crap. Didnt the acorn tape prove all they do is lie.

Damn Fox and breitbart sucks ass.

Now how in the world did they let THAT happen??:lol:

Is racism like alcoholism? Your always in recovery?

So... am I to understand that the message of her speech was, you can atone for your racism? This message was directed at a NAACP meeting? What I heard was, poor is color blind, get the rich crackers.

Forum List

Back