NAACP admits to being snookered

WASHINGTON (AP) -- NAACP leaders are calling on the Obama administration to reconsider its ousting of a black Agriculture Department worker who was pushed out of her job over racially tinged remarks, reversing their previous criticism of the employee.

NAACP President Benjamin Todd Jealous said in a statement that the group was "snookered" into believing that USDA employee Shirley Sherrod expressed racist sentiments at a local NAACP meeting in Georgia earlier this year. Jealous said conservative activist Andrew Breitbart, whose website posted video of Sherrod's remarks, deceived millions of people by releasing only partial clips. He said the full video makes clear that Sherrod was telling a story of racial unity.

WEAR ABC 3 :: National News

:clap2:

President Obama should fire Vilsack who claims she was fired because someone might claim she is a racist. Fucktard.

I saw her on CNN earlier ravi. She said she got 3 phone calls from the white house on her way home asking her to resign.

The 3rd call told her to pull over and resign immediately.

Glenn Beck was on today giving the administration a TON OF CRAP over forcing her resignation...he said they didn't look at the context and shouldn't have asked for the resignation.

Wild ravi...you were right earlier today when we were talking about this and you said we need the whole context.

you want the links to the lady's interview on CNN where she said that and the Beck show segment where he said it? I'll grab em up if you want.

Yeah..........but if she'd still been employed by the admin, Beck would have been calling for her head.

I saw both of those on MSNBC by the way. Yep, she told Tony Harris what happened from her end.

By the way, you think Beck is gonna catch any shit over going against what FAUX Noise had already shown? He's going against the current and that never turns out well for those over at that "network".

Like I said, if she hadn't been forced to resign, Beck would have been calling for her head.

Yeah..........but if she'd still been employed by the admin, Beck would have been calling for her head.

I saw both of those on MSNBC by the way. Yep, she told Tony Harris what happened from her end.

By the way, you think Beck is gonna catch any shit over going against what FAUX Noise had already shown? He's going against the current and that never turns out well for those over at that "network".

Like I said, if she hadn't been forced to resign, Beck would have been calling for her head.

:eek: Shit! You're stupider than I originally thought!

WASHINGTON (AP) -- NAACP leaders are calling on the Obama administration to reconsider its ousting of a black Agriculture Department worker who was pushed out of her job over racially tinged remarks, reversing their previous criticism of the employee.

NAACP President Benjamin Todd Jealous said in a statement that the group was "snookered" into believing that USDA employee Shirley Sherrod expressed racist sentiments at a local NAACP meeting in Georgia earlier this year. Jealous said conservative activist Andrew Breitbart, whose website posted video of Sherrod's remarks, deceived millions of people by releasing only partial clips. He said the full video makes clear that Sherrod was telling a story of racial unity.

WEAR ABC 3 :: National News

:clap2:

President Obama should fire Vilsack who claims she was fired because someone might claim she is a racist. Fucktard.

I saw her on CNN earlier ravi. She said she got 3 phone calls from the white house on her way home asking her to resign.

The 3rd call told her to pull over and resign immediately.

Glenn Beck was on today giving the administration a TON OF CRAP over forcing her resignation...he said they didn't look at the context and shouldn't have asked for the resignation.

Wild ravi...you were right earlier today when we were talking about this and you said we need the whole context.

you want the links to the lady's interview on CNN where she said that and the Beck show segment where he said it? I'll grab em up if you want.

A) FoxNews never ran a story on this until today, and all those that I have seen in the last hour have said she was asked to resign too hastily.
B) You have no idea what Beck would or would not have done, you're just pissed that sided with this woman b/c it disproves your "Beck is a racist" theory
C) Grow up

ITS SOOOOOOO FUN TO WATCH LIBERALS EAT EACHOTHER!!!!

wildmonkey.gif

Last edited:
WOW Ravi seriously ran from this thread LOL. Of course she'll come back later hoping I have forgotten my question and if called on it , she will claim she went to dinner or something.

So we have a deliberate distortion by one conservative dumbass, and we have other conservatives calling him out on it and condemning him. Beck...and now LGF.

Little Green Footballs - Resigned USDA Official: Breitbart's Video Was a Lie

Conservatives calling out another conservative on their bullshit is somehow proof that all conservatives lie?

Srsly, grow the fuck up and out of that "my side do or die" mentality.

So we have a deliberate distortion by one conservative dumbass, and we have other conservatives calling him out on it and condemning him. Beck...and now LGF.

Conservatives calling out another conservative on their bullshit is somehow proof that all conservatives lie?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RadiomanATL again

from the writer at your site, if this guy is a republican I may start to like republicans.

Andrew Breitbart: the heir to Joseph McCarthy, destroying people’s reputations and jobs based on deliberately distorted allegations, while the rest of the right wing blogs cheer. Disgusting. This is what has become of the right wing blogosphere — it’s now a debased tool that serves only to circulate partisan conspiracy theories and hit pieces.

I'd like to note that many of us from early on said the whole tape should be released, it's unfair to do less. Based on the audience reaction I found it wrong. Understood from the get go the 'problem' was from decades ago, though the piece was from March. Like anyone from the Tea Party, when the crowd is going racist, leaders should say, "No, that is wrong." She didn't, at least not in that clip.

BTW, LGF hasn't been 'conservative' in quite a long time, I suggest you scroll through it.

from the writer at your site, if this guy is a republican I may start to like republicans.

Andrew Breitbart: the heir to Joseph McCarthy, destroying people’s reputations and jobs based on deliberately distorted allegations, while the rest of the right wing blogs cheer. Disgusting. This is what has become of the right wing blogosphere — it’s now a debased tool that serves only to circulate partisan conspiracy theories and hit pieces.

I didn't say republican. I said conservative.

As much as you don't want to hear it, there IS a difference.

i'm puzzled....what is the lie from the rightwing media?

she was in fact racist and acted upon that 24 years ago...

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Forum List

Back