Mystery Solved: Why Evangelicals Support Trump

it all boils down to more voting against people that want you marginalized and criminalized than for someone who doesn't live the way you live.

It's fair to say Donald J. Trump is not an evangelical. He's never been called one and has not called himself one. Technically, he's Presbyterian. As a New York liberal for most of his life, he had no conservative credibility prior to 2016. This conservative evangelical was very skeptical of him, and did not support him in the 2016 primary. I initially thought his candidacy was Seinfeldian — about nothing.

Trump has been strongly pro-life, strongly pro-American, strongly pro-Israel, strongly pro-capitalism, and he has pushed back against the freedom-robbing regulatory state. He cut taxes and he left evangelicals alone. He didn't sue the nuns. He doesn't want our guns.

Voting for Trump is not "trading Christian values for political power." It's voting in self-defense against the radical, evangelical-hating left and hoping for the best - and getting more than expected.

Trump doesn't care if he is pro choice or pro life. In fact before 2016 he was pro choice. But then he decided to run as a Republican and you have to be pro life to run as a Republican. If being pro life will get him elected, he will be pro life. He knows abortion should be a right but his base doesn't agree and he doesn't have anyone poor in his family who can't afford to have a kid if they get knocked up so what does he care?

Same way he knows we should have better background checks for guns but because the NRA and his base say no, he'll do what they say. It's all about being re elected.

Cool story about better background checks and had we had better ones Sandy Hook, Santa Fe, Texas and the Philadelphia shootings would have still happened along with countless others but cool story and now tell me the one where the No-Fly list is another great idea and remember this is about why Evangelicals vote for Trump and not about background checks...

The big question is why the hell angry lefties think an editorial by someone named Bryan Preston solves any mystery much less one they created in their bigoted little minds

it all boils down to more voting against people that want you marginalized and criminalized than for someone who doesn't live the way you live.

It's fair to say Donald J. Trump is not an evangelical. He's never been called one and has not called himself one. Technically, he's Presbyterian. As a New York liberal for most of his life, he had no conservative credibility prior to 2016. This conservative evangelical was very skeptical of him, and did not support him in the 2016 primary. I initially thought his candidacy was Seinfeldian — about nothing.

Trump has been strongly pro-life, strongly pro-American, strongly pro-Israel, strongly pro-capitalism, and he has pushed back against the freedom-robbing regulatory state. He cut taxes and he left evangelicals alone. He didn't sue the nuns. He doesn't want our guns.

Voting for Trump is not "trading Christian values for political power." It's voting in self-defense against the radical, evangelical-hating left and hoping for the best - and getting more than expected.

Trump doesn't care if he is pro choice or pro life. In fact before 2016 he was pro choice. But then he decided to run as a Republican and you have to be pro life to run as a Republican. If being pro life will get him elected, he will be pro life. He knows abortion should be a right but his base doesn't agree and he doesn't have anyone poor in his family who can't afford to have a kid if they get knocked up so what does he care?

Same way he knows we should have better background checks for guns but because the NRA and his base say no, he'll do what they say. It's all about being re elected.

Cool story about better background checks and had we had better ones Sandy Hook, Santa Fe, Texas and the Philadelphia shootings would have still happened along with countless others but cool story and now tell me the one where the No-Fly list is another great idea and remember this is about why Evangelicals vote for Trump and not about background checks...

Better background checks may have not stopped those shootings but there are other shootings that better background checks would have stopped.

The no fly list is good but Bush put too many people on it. He put people that shouldn't have been on the list on it.

Evangelicals vote for Trump because he's their best shot of overturning roe v wade.

Better background checks may have not stopped those shootings but there are other shootings that better background checks would have stopped.

The no fly list is good but Bush put too many people on it. He put people that shouldn't have been on the list on it.

Evangelicals vote for Trump because he's their best shot of overturning roe v wade.

Most mass shootings would have never been stopped even with your dream of better background checks...

Orlando Nightclub shooting happened because of Agencies failures.

Fort Hood would have not been stopped...

Most mass shooting on a Chicago weekend would not be prevented...

Oh and blaming Bush for the failure of the No-Fly list after all these years is cute and why didn't Obama fix it?

As for Roe vs. Wade, my opinion that is a State issue and not Federal...

So it seems that 'Evangelicals' are guided more by they're political views than by their 'Christian' beliefs.

Some excuse for a religion!

BTW - If they lived in a 'freedom robbing' state they wouldn't be either voting or practicing their 'religion' freely.
so how does not backing a party that kills babies avoiding their religion? explain for us.

Not supporting Trump does not mean that they have to support the Democrats.

BTW - Do you really believe that Trump has never paid for an abortion? Really????
you truly are a fool. you didn't answer my question, you said they weren't basing it upon religion. sure they are. they won't vote for demofks who kill babies because their religious beliefs don't align with killing babies. If they don't vote for trump, they have instead voted for baby killers. you're not bright at all. and hence the OP!!!!

Saying that not voting for Trump is the same as voting for Democrat is idiotic.

There are times that you're just too stupid to even bother having a discussion.
dude, I asked you, if they don't vote for trump who wins? why is it difficult for you to answer questions, you didn't learn that art in school?

Your lesser of 2 evils philosophy is exactly why we have such a shitty political system. The Evangelicals are a large enough voting block that they could change that system, but instead they're all a bunch of sheep that support who they are told to support.

If the Evangelicals had stood up for their beliefs Trump would never have been the Republican candidate.

I'm going home. Please continue to kiss your own ass if you'd like.

I don't think he really cares about abortion one way or another, so long as any woman he or his kids impregnate(d) gets one.

I would put a little different spin on it. Trump is a fraud with his loving the bible crap. And his phoniness has been exposed by none other than Frank Amedia, the pastor who served as an unofficial Christian liaison between Donald Trump and the Religious Right . It's a match made in hell! The Evangelicals have made a Faustian bargain with him

Frank Amedia Exposes the Transactional Relationship Between Trump and the Religious Right | Right Wing Watch

Amedia, who now runs POTUS Shield—a “prophetic” network conceived to wage spiritual warfare on behalf of Trump—explained that Trump is a “street-fighter president” who will fight dirty on behalf of the Religious Right because knows that he needs their support, so much so that he will do their bidding without even knowing what he is talking about.

When I met Donald Trump, he wasn’t a man of God,” Amedia said. “God didn’t call a man of God, he called a warrior. He called a street fighter. How many of you have ever been in a street fight? You don’t go into a street fight to fight fair, you go in to come out and win; you come out to hurt the other guy and come out to win. And if they hit you, you hit back. Sometimes you hit first. That’s what we have. We have a street-fighter president.”

The religious right has sold their soul to a snake oil salesman, and as for Trump, he has no soul

I've said it a hundred times.

The choice for Christians, was voting for someone willing to work with you, or voting for an enemy.

Only an asshole would pretend that that is not legit.

so how does not backing a party that kills babies avoiding their religion? explain for us.

BTW - Do you really believe that Trump has never paid for an abortion? Really????
you truly are a fool. you didn't answer my question, you said they weren't basing it upon religion. sure they are. they won't vote for demofks who kill babies because their religious beliefs don't align with killing babies. If they don't vote for trump, they have instead voted for baby killers. you're not bright at all. and hence the OP!!!!

dude, I asked you, if they don't vote for trump who wins? why is it difficult for you to answer questions, you didn't learn that art in school?

Your lesser of 2 evils philosophy is exactly why we have such a shitty political system. The Evangelicals are a large enough voting block that they could change that system, but instead they're all a bunch of sheep that support who they are told to support.

If the Evangelicals had stood up for their beliefs Trump would never have been the Republican candidate.

they are NOT SHEEP. They vote on an issue(s) important to them. Abortion, increasing secularization, call it whatever you want. But it's an issue for them. The same as getting more latino votes is one for some dems, and getting cheap labor is for some gopers, and getting rid of cheap labor is for some of both parties.

You got me right, I detest evangelicals.

Your hate has blinded you.

Oh lard!

Trump became the GOP candidate because of Ross Perot helping Clinton in 1992...

Eight years of Clinton, then Eight years of GWB and Eight Years of Hussein and we get Trump!

So I blame Ross Perot and voters like me and you for why America has Trump now!

I would put a little different spin on it. Trump is a fraud with his loving the bible crap. And his phoniness has been exposed by none other than Frank Amedia, the pastor who served as an unofficial Christian liaison between Donald Trump and the Religious Right . It's a match made in hell! The Evangelicals have made a Faustian bargain with him

Frank Amedia Exposes the Transactional Relationship Between Trump and the Religious Right | Right Wing Watch

Amedia, who now runs POTUS Shield—a “prophetic” network conceived to wage spiritual warfare on behalf of Trump—explained that Trump is a “street-fighter president” who will fight dirty on behalf of the Religious Right because knows that he needs their support, so much so that he will do their bidding without even knowing what he is talking about.

When I met Donald Trump, he wasn’t a man of God,” Amedia said. “God didn’t call a man of God, he called a warrior. He called a street fighter. How many of you have ever been in a street fight? You don’t go into a street fight to fight fair, you go in to come out and win; you come out to hurt the other guy and come out to win. And if they hit you, you hit back. Sometimes you hit first. That’s what we have. We have a street-fighter president.”

The religious right has sold their soul to a snake oil salesman, and as for Trump, he has no soul

I agree with that too. Once you condone one mortal and unrepented sin because a person opposes another sin … you've sold your soul. But that's a religious, not a political comment. It may be a comment on the person condoning being a hypocrite, and lying about his or her real political intentions though.

The choice for Christians, was voting for someone willing to work with you, or voting for an enemy.

Well, the fundies had to choose between two unrepentant adulterers, so I guess no one can blame them for picking the lesser evil. LOL

Well, the fundies had to choose between two unrepentant adulterers, so I guess no one can blame them for picking the lesser evil. LOL

Trump's personal life is obviously a minus for just about any voter serious about his Christian religion.

BUT, he is not actively hostile to them, like Hillary is.

He is willing to work with them.

I dont' see how anyone could seriously be confused or surprised by their choice in supporting Trump (mostly)

Trump's personal life is obviously a minus for just about any voter serious about his Christian religion.

I dont' see how anyone could seriously be confused or surprised by their choice in supporting Trump (mostly)

But the question comes in when … what happens when a person who does not condone open adultery or even promiscuity, but who believes people should be able to choose on abortion or IUDs.

Here is a perfect example of the religious right wing nuts who support McDonald T-Rump

Trump’s ‘Firefighter Prophet’ Claims ‘Patriots’ Will Assassinate High-Profile Democrats

Taylor, a retired firefighter known as the “firefighter prophet,” is the author of the bestselling book, “The Trump Prophecies: The Astonishing True Story Of The Man Who Saw Tomorrow… And What He Says Is Coming Next,” which has been wildly successful with Trump-loving conservative Christians.

Speaking on the Sheila Zilinsky podcast Taylor explained that God had told him that patriots will assassinate high-profile Democrats if Trump does not begin making arrests of high profile Democrats.

Taylor added:

The people are not asking for justice, they are demanding it, so the government has to act. They need to make probably one or two high-level arrests, high-profile arrests, perp walk them on national television so that people will see that justice is going to be done.

Arrested for what you crazy bastard??!!

But the question comes in when … what happens when a person who does not condone open adultery or even promiscuity, but who believes people should be able to choose on abortion or IUDs.

Well, as both Trump and Hillary had bad track records on Adultery, and both are pretty light on Abortions and IUDS,

I would think they would have to make their choice on other issues, such as Trade and Immigration.

Here is a perfect example of the religious right wing nuts who support McDonald T-Rump

Trump’s ‘Firefighter Prophet’ Claims ‘Patriots’ Will Assassinate High-Profile Democrats

Taylor, a retired firefighter known as the “firefighter prophet,” is the author of the bestselling book, “The Trump Prophecies: The Astonishing True Story Of The Man Who Saw Tomorrow… And What He Says Is Coming Next,” which has been wildly successful with Trump-loving conservative Christians.

Speaking on the Sheila Zilinsky podcast Taylor explained that God had told him that patriots will assassinate high-profile Democrats if Trump does not begin making arrests of high profile Democrats.

Taylor added:

The people are not asking for justice, they are demanding it, so the government has to act. They need to make probably one or two high-level arrests, high-profile arrests, perp walk them on national television so that people will see that justice is going to be done.

Arrested for what you crazy bastard??!!

Your lib hate of Christians is just the type of thing I was referring to.

Christians could vote for someone like Hillary, who hates Christians like you do,

or they could vote for someone who does not hate them and instead is willing to work with them.

This makes complete sense. YOur hate has blinded you.

What did conservatives conserve? Nothing.

What is Trump conserving? America.

That's why people are crazy about the man.

Most mass shootings would have never been stopped even with your dream of better background checks...

Orlando Nightclub shooting happened because of Agencies failures.

Fort Hood would have not been stopped...

Most mass shooting on a Chicago weekend would not be prevented...

Oh and blaming Bush for the failure of the No-Fly list after all these years is cute and why didn't Obama fix it?

As for Roe vs. Wade, my opinion that is a State issue and not Federal...
The fact is no gun law will stop anyone anytime. Mental is mental the gun does nothing

Forum List

Back