Mystery Solved: Why Evangelicals Support Trump

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010

it all boils down to more voting against people that want you marginalized and criminalized than for someone who doesn't live the way you live.

It's fair to say Donald J. Trump is not an evangelical. He's never been called one and has not called himself one. Technically, he's Presbyterian. As a New York liberal for most of his life, he had no conservative credibility prior to 2016. This conservative evangelical was very skeptical of him, and did not support him in the 2016 primary. I initially thought his candidacy was Seinfeldian — about nothing.

Trump has been strongly pro-life, strongly pro-American, strongly pro-Israel, strongly pro-capitalism, and he has pushed back against the freedom-robbing regulatory state. He cut taxes and he left evangelicals alone. He didn't sue the nuns. He doesn't want our guns.

Voting for Trump is not "trading Christian values for political power." It's voting in self-defense against the radical, evangelical-hating left and hoping for the best - and getting more than expected.

when the demofks don't want your vote. It's truly amazing, they don't want 45 % of voters voting for them.

So it seems that 'Evangelicals' are guided more by they're political views than by their 'Christian' beliefs.

Some excuse for a religion!

BTW - If they lived in a 'freedom robbing' state they wouldn't be either voting or practicing their 'religion' freely.

So it seems that 'Evangelicals' are guided more by they're political views than by their 'Christian' beliefs.

BTW - If they lived in a 'freedom robbing' state they wouldn't be either voting or practicing their 'religion' freely.
so how does not backing a party that kills babies avoiding their religion? explain for us.

so how does not backing a party that kills babies avoiding their religion? explain for us.
yo Richard-H where are you, answer my question big mouth!!!

Personal liberty is such a non Christian issue. I'm sure God wants authoritarians to steal from and enslave the population. Once freedom is completely gone, everyone will be equal just as God intended.

Personal liberty is such a non Christian issue. I'm sure God wants authoritarians to steal from and enslave the population. Once freedom is completely gone, everyone will be equal just as God intended.
god never intended that. you need to reread the bible.

F the bible thumping sob's -

turn their head while Goldilocks shits all over the 10 commandments.

it all boils down to more voting against people that want you marginalized and criminalized than for someone who doesn't live the way you live.

It's fair to say Donald J. Trump is not an evangelical. He's never been called one and has not called himself one. Technically, he's Presbyterian. As a New York liberal for most of his life, he had no conservative credibility prior to 2016. This conservative evangelical was very skeptical of him, and did not support him in the 2016 primary. I initially thought his candidacy was Seinfeldian — about nothing.

Trump has been strongly pro-life, strongly pro-American, strongly pro-Israel, strongly pro-capitalism, and he has pushed back against the freedom-robbing regulatory state. He cut taxes and he left evangelicals alone. He didn't sue the nuns. He doesn't want our guns.

Voting for Trump is not "trading Christian values for political power." It's voting in self-defense against the radical, evangelical-hating left and hoping for the best - and getting more than expected.

You got me right, I detest evangelicals.

who cares?

I was being sarcastic. I was hoping it came through.
it didn't. the thingy is this, people think created equal means everyone should be equal. It's amazing how stupid the stupid really are.

It means, everyone gets the same starting point, what they do after that, god didn't care.

You just buried little Richie.

Some people get Thomas Jefferson and God mixed up.
thomas jefferson didn't say it either. you should all learn to read.

Freedom was a concept inspired by the French enlightenment not Jesus.

F the bible thumping sob's -

turn their head while Goldilocks shits all over the 10 commandments.
Live by your principles. Do not work for jobs that deny the agendas you support. No more working in law enforcement. No more working in corrections. Up to a third of those jobs are women also. That means more men have to become criminals. And what is disheartening is that you do not understand that. You only come back with retorts of proove it. The ten commandments is a guide. And you guys fail it miserably while you talk so nice. Face it. People ph uk with each other. Some people snap out and get them back and/or unfortunately get others also. It also runs the gamut of mental illness. So we have two sides and tens of millions of people that we do not talk about who want justice against those who have gotten away with destroying them or helping to.

Forum List

Back