Mystery Solved: Why Evangelicals Support Trump

So it seems that 'Evangelicals' are guided more by they're political views than by their 'Christian' beliefs.

Some excuse for a religion!

BTW - If they lived in a 'freedom robbing' state they wouldn't be either voting or practicing their 'religion' freely.

it's called self preservation.

When you demonize people, it tends to make them not trust you.

I don't 'demonize' Evangelicals. I just take objection to them calling themselves 'Christians'. From what I've seen of them they worship 'greed'.

They are antithetic to Christianity. They mock Christianity.

If they'd just admit that they were the church of greed it would be understandable that they support Trump.

Actions speak louder than words!

A jaded view from a jaded person with an agenda.
well I don't think he's a human being. hmmm, you think he cares what I think? you think he thinks they care what he thinks? he's just a stupid fk.

Not supporting Trump does not mean that they have to support the Democrats.

BTW - Do you really believe that Trump has never paid for an abortion? Really????

I agree with your post.

But honestly?

I don't think you read the full article.

That isn't what this is about.

This is about a voting block protecting their interests. If they have no representation, no one to protect their interests, they will continually be shafted.

I am sure that is good for YOUR POV, but, is it good for theirs?

I understand why they back Republicans in general, but Trump is beyond the pail morally. Supporting a guy that's so clearly immoral isn't going to lead to good things.

Besides it's pretty obvious that Trump doesn't believe most of the things he promises...he'll say anything to get elected.

Do you really believe that he's anti-abortion or do you think that he's only pretending?

I think they care more that even if he is sinful, he isn't pushing his sins on them, or asking them to accept or validate those sins.

By voting for him they ARE validating his 'sins'.

Nope. Sorry, but voting for someone does not mean you agree with how they live their lives. Most of the time it means either you agree with their politics, or you detest the politics of their opponent.
or their policies help you. since when did we vote for character? some fk named clinton who got blow jobs in the oval office and this dip wad said absolutely nothing about it. the legs on their chairs disintegrated at that time.

it all boils down to more voting against people that want you marginalized and criminalized than for someone who doesn't live the way you live.

It's fair to say Donald J. Trump is not an evangelical. He's never been called one and has not called himself one. Technically, he's Presbyterian. As a New York liberal for most of his life, he had no conservative credibility prior to 2016. This conservative evangelical was very skeptical of him, and did not support him in the 2016 primary. I initially thought his candidacy was Seinfeldian — about nothing.

Trump has been strongly pro-life, strongly pro-American, strongly pro-Israel, strongly pro-capitalism, and he has pushed back against the freedom-robbing regulatory state. He cut taxes and he left evangelicals alone. He didn't sue the nuns. He doesn't want our guns.

Voting for Trump is not "trading Christian values for political power." It's voting in self-defense against the radical, evangelical-hating left and hoping for the best - and getting more than expected.
I would put a little different spin on it. Trump is a fraud with his loving the bible crap. And his phoniness has been exposed by none other than Frank Amedia, the pastor who served as an unofficial Christian liaison between Donald Trump and the Religious Right . It's a match made in hell! The Evangelicals have made a Faustian bargain with him

Frank Amedia Exposes the Transactional Relationship Between Trump and the Religious Right | Right Wing Watch

Amedia, who now runs POTUS Shield—a “prophetic” network conceived to wage spiritual warfare on behalf of Trump—explained that Trump is a “street-fighter president” who will fight dirty on behalf of the Religious Right because knows that he needs their support, so much so that he will do their bidding without even knowing what he is talking about.

When I met Donald Trump, he wasn’t a man of God,” Amedia said. “God didn’t call a man of God, he called a warrior. He called a street fighter. How many of you have ever been in a street fight? You don’t go into a street fight to fight fair, you go in to come out and win; you come out to hurt the other guy and come out to win. And if they hit you, you hit back. Sometimes you hit first. That’s what we have. We have a street-fighter president.”

The religious right has sold their soul to a snake oil salesman, and as for Trump, he has no soul

So they should support a party that wants them at best to hide in their churches, and at worst, BAKE THAT FUCKING CAKE, PEASANT?

The idea that Christians are being persecuted in the U.S. is laughable. Their idea of persecution is not being able to force their religion on other people.

If they are running a business they should not be allowed to prejudice against other people.

True Christians would not pass judgement on other people.

"Vengeance is mine sayeth the lord"!

Evangelicals ARE NOT Christians.

it all boils down to more voting against people that want you marginalized and criminalized than for someone who doesn't live the way you live.

It's fair to say Donald J. Trump is not an evangelical. He's never been called one and has not called himself one. Technically, he's Presbyterian. As a New York liberal for most of his life, he had no conservative credibility prior to 2016. This conservative evangelical was very skeptical of him, and did not support him in the 2016 primary. I initially thought his candidacy was Seinfeldian — about nothing.

Trump has been strongly pro-life, strongly pro-American, strongly pro-Israel, strongly pro-capitalism, and he has pushed back against the freedom-robbing regulatory state. He cut taxes and he left evangelicals alone. He didn't sue the nuns. He doesn't want our guns.

Voting for Trump is not "trading Christian values for political power." It's voting in self-defense against the radical, evangelical-hating left and hoping for the best - and getting more than expected.
I would put a little different spin on it. Trump is a fraud with his loving the bible crap. And his phoniness has been exposed by none other than Frank Amedia, the pastor who served as an unofficial Christian liaison between Donald Trump and the Religious Right . It's a match made in hell! The Evangelicals have made a Faustian bargain with him

Frank Amedia Exposes the Transactional Relationship Between Trump and the Religious Right | Right Wing Watch

Amedia, who now runs POTUS Shield—a “prophetic” network conceived to wage spiritual warfare on behalf of Trump—explained that Trump is a “street-fighter president” who will fight dirty on behalf of the Religious Right because knows that he needs their support, so much so that he will do their bidding without even knowing what he is talking about.

When I met Donald Trump, he wasn’t a man of God,” Amedia said. “God didn’t call a man of God, he called a warrior. He called a street fighter. How many of you have ever been in a street fight? You don’t go into a street fight to fight fair, you go in to come out and win; you come out to hurt the other guy and come out to win. And if they hit you, you hit back. Sometimes you hit first. That’s what we have. We have a street-fighter president.”

The religious right has sold their soul to a snake oil salesman, and as for Trump, he has no soul

So they should support a party that wants them at best to hide in their churches, and at worst, BAKE THAT FUCKING CAKE, PEASANT?

The idea that Christians are being persecuted in the U.S. is laughable. Their idea of persecution is not being able to force their religion on other people.

If they are running a business they should not be allowed to prejudice against other people.

the idea that you know anything about anything is positively hilarious.

So it seems that 'Evangelicals' are guided more by they're political views than by their 'Christian' beliefs.

BTW - If they lived in a 'freedom robbing' state they wouldn't be either voting or practicing their 'religion' freely.

I don't 'demonize' Evangelicals. I just take objection to them calling themselves 'Christians'. From what I've seen of them they worship 'greed'.

If they'd just admit that they were the church of greed it would be understandable that they support Trump.

What do you think my 'Agenda' is?

QUOTE="jc456, post: 22964755, member: 46512"]

so how does not backing a party that kills babies avoiding their religion? explain for us.[/QUOTE]
Richard-H yo, dude, you never answered this? why?

so how does not backing a party that kills babies avoiding their religion? explain for us.

BTW - Do you really believe that Trump has never paid for an abortion? Really????

I agree with your post.

But honestly?

This is about a voting block protecting their interests. If they have no representation, no one to protect their interests, they will continually be shafted.

I understand why they back Republicans in general, but Trump is beyond the pail morally. Supporting a guy that's so clearly immoral isn't going to lead to good things.

Besides it's pretty obvious that Trump doesn't believe most of the things he promises...he'll say anything to get elected.

Do you really believe that he's anti-abortion or do you think that he's only pretending?

I think they care more that even if he is sinful, he isn't pushing his sins on them, or asking them to accept or validate those sins.

They are voting for political representation, not spiritual representation.

In the USA, we have a representative republic, not a theocracy, do you know the difference? :dunno:

How is forcing someone to bake a cake for someone else an american value? Especially a contracted, easily replaceable service?

Progressives are the ones currently running to government to force their views on others, not Evangelicals. Hopefully they learned their lessons from the 80's.

showing the world how stupid you are? I'm just saying!!! if the shoe fits and all.

Being a cuck progressive twat-waddle?

I agree with your post.

But honestly?

Nope. Sorry, but voting for someone does not mean you agree with how they live their lives. Most of the time it means either you agree with their politics, or you detest the politics of their opponent.

So Bill Clinton's womanizing should not have been held against him politically?

It seems that when Democrats do not conform to 'Christian' values they are demonized, but when republican - especially Trump - violate Christian values they are given a pass.

Total hypocrisy by people who refuse to admit their true values and try to pass themselves off as Christians.

I agree with your post.

But honestly?

It seems that when Democrats do not conform to 'Christian' values they are demonized, but when republican - especially Trump - violate Christian values they are given a pass.

Total hypocrisy by people who refuse to admit their true values and try to pass themselves off as Christians.
KETTLE?

Ah, the old Trumpbot fallback - when you have no intelligent argument you resort to childish insults.

I guess that is just your way of saying that you've lost this argument!

Later loser!

Ah, the old Trumpbot fallback - when you have no intelligent argument you resort to childish insults.

I guess that is just your way of saying that you've lost this argument!

Later loser!
you lost all positioning in this argument when clinton got a blow job in the oval office. pick up your legs and leave!!!

I think most sane people agree its whacky for people who claim to live a code based on the ten commandments give such cover for an admitted unrepentant adulterer, sexual assaulter, sexual harasser of underage girls, cheat, coveter of other's goods (just for a start).

But most fundy Christians have decided better that than mandatory insurance policies covering (shudder) IUDs, or the fed courts saying gays can get married in courts or churches that LIKE gay weddings, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, that there is some political solution to the worldwide fact that a greater majority of people are concluding that a divine being does not guide everyday events to reward those who worship him/her/it.

There's no compromise with that. It's a small minority that is getting smaller. There are other issues that reasonable people can compromise on … immigration, deficits, healthcare, etc. So far, both parties have not gone for a big compromise that would cost their base what they really don't want to give up (like more latino babies who will be voters, or decent wages and recognition of guest workers) that would make the other party's position completely untenable. Maybe some day they will. Or maybe the Republic will fail because politically we can't solve real political issues.

The problem is pro choice Americans don't vote. If they all showed up to vote for pro choice the pro lifers would be left in the dust. But most poor Americans don't vote and most of them are pro choice and pro Democrat.

Pro choice up to the first or second trimester usually. The current bullshit blue states are pulling only appeals to the die hard abortion fetishists.

And since you probably have never been more than 50 miles from either coast, your views on "most Americans" is quite frankly, bullshit.

Hey, if women in Arkansas vote for pro life I say they should get it. But then no companies will move to such a backward state.

You know who stopped a lot of business' from going to Indiana? Mike Pence. He would have lost re election if he ran for Gov again. Corporate America hated that ignorant fuck from middle America.

More people voted for Hillary than Trump. 80% of the poor don't vote. The poor are not Republicans my friend. I know numbers and most Americans are pro choice. Especially girls of child bearing age and they are who matter most.

But if they don't show up to vote, fuck them. Ban abortion if Trump wins. End social security. Or cut pay outs in half so that Trump can spend more. Do it!

I agree with your post.

But honestly?

All Christians "violate Christian values". There is only one Christian that has not "violated Christian values". He's not here at the moment, but soon will be.

Forum List

Back