Myanmar Is Starving Rohingya Muslims Out of Their Villages: Reports

You are the third moderator who has dodged the real question this situation demands
You are supporting the country as they perpetrate a genocide.

You have explicitly stated that you believe they have a "right" to massacre their own citizens.
I am supporting their right as a sovereign country, not approving of what they do, it actually has nothing to do with that right.

:lol:

You see, this is where we disagree.

I don't believe that "sovereign countries" have the right to do whatever they want. I don't think the Nazis had the "right" to massacre the Jews, I don't think that the Hutu had the "right" to massacre the Tutsi, and I don't think that Myanmar has the "right" to massacre the Rohingya.

That's because I'm not a sociopath.

You might not be a sociopath and if you are implying I am just shows you have no argument. It also shows you do not understand certain things are done for self preservation and they are not pretty. That is the reality that you will never change with words, or name calling.
You are supporting genocide...hell you just did right there. Just like the Nazis. They called self preservation as well. You sre unreal dude.

You are simply projecting the blame on me. .

Not projecting anything.

Just pointing out you are supporting the genocide of people, the rape and murder of women and children, just because they are Muslim.

Or your alternative- that countries can do whatever they want to people in the country- i.e. Germany's holocaust, Turkey's genocide of Armenians, and of course Myanmar's rape and murder of women and children.

Yep- his exact words:
I am explicitly defending the right for that country to do what they wish

Which would of course include Germany and the Holocaust, Turkey and the Armenian Genocide, Iraq gassing the Kurds and of course the Myanmar Army raping and murdering children (if they are Muslim)
Yep. I still support that right. What they do with that right is there business. They know what they are fighting. You have been told what Islam says and does and you ignore it, they do not.

You support the rape and murder of women and children.

Tell me why you think Islam is bad again?
Let Islam tell you.

You support the rape of murder of women and children.

Not all Muslims do- but you do.
No I don't. I am telling you that a country's right to determine its own destiny. How that is done is irrelevant to the goal. It is not for me to decide, or you Blowhole.

I am telling you that a country's right to determine its own destiny. How that is done is irrelevant to the goal.

images

Once you start justifying genocide...humanity is gone :(
Genocide is part of humanity. Always has been...

Rationalized every Holocaust denier ever.....

220px-%D7%A4%D7%95%D7%92%D7%A8%D7%95%D7%9D_%D7%99%D7%90%D7%A9%D7%99_5.jpg
Genocide was old hat millennia before Hitler child...

Said by every Holocaust rationalizer ever.
If that’s all you’ve got to say. You’ve got nothing to say...

Oh I have said plenty here.

Unlike you though, I am not hand waving away genocide or excusing the rape and murder of women and children.

Ah Youtube- what would you anti-semites and other religious bigots do without Youtube?

World's awkward silence over Rohingya genocide warnings

The persecution of the Rohingya Muslim minority is beginning to resemble the plight of the Tutsi in Rwanda in 1994, albeit on a smaller scale. After failing to stop the Rwanda slaughter, when up to 1 million people died, the international community vowed it would never happen again. Now, it seems, the nightmare is back.

Zeid Ra’ad al-Hussein, the UN high commissioner for human rights, previously described systematic attacks on the Rohingya by Myanmar’s military and civilian militias as ethnic cleansing, an assessment shared by the US.

I have engaged three moderators about Islam. They refuse to discuss the facts. They manage to make it about me and run away. It is obvious they cannot accept reality.
lol............
It is the truth, but I know that does not matter to you.

The truth is that women and children are being raped and murdered- and you say that is okay- because you support the right of countries to do as they please

Rape as weapon of war on Rohingya women - CNN

Bangladesh-Myanmar border (CNN)The slash marks on Rashida Begum's neck have turned into dark, red scars.

She showed us the cuts as if to say: look, I tried to fight back, I tried within an inch of my life.
"We saw the military digging holes (for mass graves). We were five women with our babies," Rashida said, almost in a whisper. "The grabbed us, dragged us into the house, and shut the door."
The soldiers snatched Rashida's baby son from her arms and killed him.
"I just screamed, I cried but they wouldn't listen to us. They don't even understand our language," Rashida recalled.
The uniformed men showed her no mercy. They slit Rashida's throat and tore off her clothes. She was brutalized and raped alongside the four other women. As Rashida lost consciousness, the men set the house alight and left them for dead.
"I thought I was already dead, but when my skin started to burn I woke up," she said.

Ah Youtube- what would you anti-semites and other religious bigots do without Youtube?

The persecution of the Rohingya Muslim minority is beginning to resemble the plight of the Tutsi in Rwanda in 1994, albeit on a smaller scale. After failing to stop the Rwanda slaughter, when up to 1 million people died, the international community vowed it would never happen again. Now, it seems, the nightmare is back.

Zeid Ra’ad al-Hussein, the UN high commissioner for human rights, previously described systematic attacks on the Rohingya by Myanmar’s military and civilian militias as ethnic cleansing, an assessment shared by the US.

It does not matter where the truth comes from, does it Mr. Moral? You are posting propaganda.

I have engaged three moderators about Islam. They refuse to discuss the facts. They manage to make it about me and run away. It is obvious they cannot accept reality.
lol............

The truth is that women and children are being raped and murdered- and you say that is okay- because you support the right of countries to do as they please

Bangladesh-Myanmar border (CNN)The slash marks on Rashida Begum's neck have turned into dark, red scars.

She showed us the cuts as if to say: look, I tried to fight back, I tried within an inch of my life.
"We saw the military digging holes (for mass graves). We were five women with our babies," Rashida said, almost in a whisper. "The grabbed us, dragged us into the house, and shut the door."
"I just screamed, I cried but they wouldn't listen to us. They don't even understand our language," Rashida recalled.
The uniformed men showed her no mercy. They slit Rashida's throat and tore off her clothes. She was brutalized and raped alongside the four other women. As Rashida lost consciousness, the men set the house alight and left them for dead.
"I thought I was already dead, but when my skin started to burn I woke up," she said.
CNN, the source that loves N.Korea. I am going to believe nothing they say. Talk about approving of terror. Try again, nitwit.

It does not matter where the truth comes from, does it Mr. Moral? You are posting propaganda.

I am posting the reported facts- you are posting the usual Youtube tripe that bigots like yourself love.

lol............

CNN, the source that loves N.Korea. I am going to believe nothing they say. Talk about approving of terror. Try again, nitwit.

As if you would care anyway- we have already established that you are okay with the rape and murder of women by Myanmar.

Genocide is part of humanity. Always has been...

Unlike you though, I am not hand waving away genocide or excusing the rape and murder of women and children.
I don't need to make an excuse for it. It isn't me or my people doing it. No matter how many times you repeat it, or virtue signal. Its their problem. Not mine. Not yours. And if these "victims" had the power to do so... Theyd be doing the same thing right back.
This is little more than a power struggle. One Myanmar cannot afford to lose.

Rohingya Were Raped Systematically by Myanmar’s Military, Report Says

Or as Lastamender would say "if that is what Myanmar wants to do- that is perfectly okay"

Myanmar’s persecution of Rohingya Muslims in recent months, which has uprooted a half-million people and been condemned by the United Nations as ethnic cleansing, has been corroborated by many graphic accounts of killings, sexual violence and other atrocities.

But a report on the Rohingya released early Thursday by Human Rights Watch, which focused on sexual violence, said that the raping of women and girls appeared to be even more widespread and systematic than earlier suspected, and that uniformed members of Myanmar’s military were responsible for it.

The report was based on interviews with 52 Rohingya women and girls who had fled to neighboring Bangladesh, including 29 survivors of rape from 19 different villages in Myanmar’s Rakhine State.

Human Rights Watch said the report’s conclusions also drew from interviews with 17 representatives of humanitarian organizations providing health services to Rohingya women and girls in Bangladesh refugee camps, as well as Bangladeshi health officials.

It found that Myanmar security forces had “raped and sexually assaulted women and girls both during major attacks on villages but also in the weeks prior to these major attacks sometimes after repeated harassment.”

Continue reading the main story
Advertisement

In every case, the report said, “the perpetrators were uniformed members of security forces, almost all military personnel.”

I don't need to make an excuse for it. It isn't me or my people doing it. No matter how many times you repeat it, or virtue signal. Its their problem. Not mine. Not yours. And if these "victims" had the power to do so... Theyd be doing the same thing right back.

Yeah- I can see how you think thank Myanmar cannot afford to lose raping women and children.

Myanmar’s persecution of Rohingya Muslims in recent months, which has uprooted a half-million people and been condemned by the United Nations as ethnic cleansing, has been corroborated by many graphic accounts of killings, sexual violence and other atrocities.

But a report on the Rohingya released early Thursday by Human Rights Watch, which focused on sexual violence, said that the raping of women and girls appeared to be even more widespread and systematic than earlier suspected, and that uniformed members of Myanmar’s military were responsible for it.

The report was based on interviews with 52 Rohingya women and girls who had fled to neighboring Bangladesh, including 29 survivors of rape from 19 different villages in Myanmar’s Rakhine State.

Human Rights Watch said the report’s conclusions also drew from interviews with 17 representatives of humanitarian organizations providing health services to Rohingya women and girls in Bangladesh refugee camps, as well as Bangladeshi health officials.

It found that Myanmar security forces had “raped and sexually assaulted women and girls both during major attacks on villages but also in the weeks prior to these major attacks sometimes after repeated harassment.”

Advertisement

In every case, the report said, “the perpetrators were uniformed members of security forces, almost all military personnel.”

Or as Lastamender would say "if that is what Myanmar wants to do- that is perfectly okay"

Advertisement

Wow! The larger font really has me rethinking my stance on the issue... Bold text too...
I'll have to do some soul searching before I can continue...

Advertisement

Wow! The larger font really has me rethinking my stance on the issue... Bold text too...
I would think that the stench of brimstone during your soul searching would make that unpleasant.

Yeah- I can see how you think thank Myanmar cannot afford to lose raping women and children.

Advertisement

The sexual aspect of it means nothing to me. I know you're hoping the sensational nature of the accounts will make a difference... But they won't. War is Hell. Win, die, or run...

Advertisement

I would think that the stench of brimstone during your soul searching would make that unpleasant.
Brimstone... That's cute... I like that... Lemme guess. Bible lore?

But you are reserving the right to do it in your country?

Advertisement

I think he has had enough of your moralizing, I know I have. 85% off the people in Myanmar want the Muslims out.The reason they do not want Islam destroying their culture.
Myanmar remains a rumor driven society. In Kyaw Yin Hlaing’s analysis of Buddhist misapprehension of Muslim Burmese, surveys were conducted in seven cities in Myanmar, with 500 participants in total. It is clear that anti-Muslim propaganda has become part of regular nationalist discourse. Of the survey respondents, 85 percent cited fear of Muslims turning the country Islamic as the main reason for their dislike of Muslims. In Rakhine state, this discourse is repeated and amplified due to the outbreaks of communal violence.

Yet, in New York Times coverage of the tensions between Muslim and Buddhist Burmese, very few Rakhine Buddhist voices were heard. When asked why, Kristoff replies, “The problem is the trade-offs with length… we didn’t want to exceed 10 minutes for fear of losing viewers.” This careless portrayal of the Rohingya’s claims to legitimacy is not just a matter of academic nit-picking. It has real implications for humanitarian aid.
The Muslims should leave. Actually they were created kind of like the Palestinians.
In even a cursory survey of Rohingya history, it is clear that the Rohingya are not an ethnic, but rather a political construction.

The Truth About Myanmar’s Rohingya Issue

Forum List

Back