What War With North Korea Would Look Like.

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
"Here’s what war with North Korea would look like
A full-blown war with North Korea wouldn’t be as bad as you think. It would be much, much worse.
By Yochi Dreazen Updated Feb 8, 2018, 7:39am EST..."

Here’s what war with North Korea would look like

"So I’ve spent the past month posing those questions to more than a dozen former Pentagon officials, CIA analysts, US military officers, and think tank experts, as well as to a retired South Korean general who spent his entire professional life preparing to fight the North.

"They’ve all said variants of the same thing: There is a genuine risk of a war on the Korean Peninsula that would involve the use of chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons. Several estimated that millions — plural — would die.

"Even more frightening, most of the people I spoke to said they believed Kim would use nuclear weapons against South Korea in the initial stages of the fighting — not just as a desperate last resort."
NK_BASES.jpg

By some estimates North Korea possesses 2500 - 5000 metric tons of chemical weapons and the means to deliver them on US military bases in South Korea as well as the civilian population of Seoul.

While there's little doubt about the final outcome, the number of casualties could change history in ways hard to imagine.

All of that was said about Iraq...they fell almost instantly as the coalition troops advanced...not all of the men serving in the North Korean military are psycho and not all of them are unaware of how the rest of the world lives...

If we can get a coalition together the North Koreans would get the message...

That is why treating Russia as an enemy is nothing short of suicidal at this point in time...

Trump needs to airdrop 1,000 AK-47s and 3 million rounds of ammo into 10 cities in NoKO. The people will sweep out KJU and his starving military in 40 fucking seconds

A full-blown war with North Korea wouldn’t be as bad as you think. It would be much, much worse.

"So I’ve spent the past month posing those questions to more than a dozen former Pentagon officials, CIA analysts, US military officers, and think tank experts, as well as to a retired South Korean general who spent his entire professional life preparing to fight the North.

"They’ve all said variants of the same thing: There is a genuine risk of a war on the Korean Peninsula that would involve the use of chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons. Several estimated that millions — plural — would die.

"Even more frightening, most of the people I spoke to said they believed Kim would use nuclear weapons against South Korea in the initial stages of the fighting — not just as a desperate last resort."
NK_BASES.jpg

By some estimates North Korea possesses 2500 - 5000 metric tons of chemical weapons and the means to deliver them on US military bases in South Korea as well as the civilian population of Seoul.

While there's little doubt about the final outcome, the number of casualties could change history in ways hard to imagine.

Did you get your KJU Solidarity haircut yet

NK_BASES.jpg

Does it come in orange?
Vox_1_colour.0.jpg

or fireball redo_O

All of that was said about Iraq...they fell almost instantly as the coalition troops advanced...not all of the men serving in the North Korean military are psycho and not all of them are unaware of how the rest of the world lives...

That is why treating Russia as an enemy is nothing short of suicidal at this point in time...
What's your opinion of Trump's "bloody nose" strategy?

"The Trump administration, for its part, seems more confident in its ability to manage North Korea with precision.

"National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster is pushing something known inside the White House as a 'bloody nose' strategy of responding to a North Korean provocation with a set of limited US military strikes."

"McMaster seems to believe that Kim would passively absorb the attack without hitting back and risking all-out war."

"The Trump administration, for its part, seems more confident in its ability to manage North Korea with precision.

"National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster is pushing something known inside the White House as a 'bloody nose' strategy of responding to a North Korean provocation with a set of limited US military strikes."

"McMaster seems to believe that Kim would passively absorb the attack without hitting back and risking all-out war."
That is one scenario that must be considered...I'm sure it's not the only one discussed...Trump surrounded himself with the best Generals we have serving...I think he is getting the best advise there is...

That is one scenario that must be considered...I'm sure it's not the only one discussed...Trump surrounded himself with the best Generals we have serving...I think he is getting the best advise there is...
I hope you're right about the good advice Trump's getting, but I wonder if he listens well enough to understand his options?

"It was a chilling conversation. Stavridis said there was at least a 10 percent chance of a nuclear war between the US and North Korea, and a 20 to 30 percent chance of a conventional conflict that could kill a million people or more.

"Flournoy said President Trump’s tough talk about North Korea — which has included deriding Kim Jong Un as 'Little Rocket Man' and threatening to rain 'fire and fury' down on his country — made it 'much more likely now that one side or the other will misread what was intended as a show of commitment or a show of force.'"

NK_BASES.jpg

Does it come in orange?
Vox_1_colour.0.jpg

or fireball redo_O

There no true love like that between an American proto-Communist Progressive and some douchebag Progressive dictator

Forum List

Back